Game-Labs Forum
Otto Kohl

You want to develop this game or you dont give a s#!t anymore ?

Otto Kohl    1,927

It has been over a month since last meaningful hotfix. Game is again in a dire state, its boring as hell and numbers are droping again rapidly. We as a community pointed you many times what needs to be fixed asap AND nothing... No a word from you devs what you are planning. Will you fix this game in the upcoming week or should we start looking for other game to play ?

Edited by Otto Kohl

Sepp Stuart    48

time for another bad review... time to protect new players before they buy this "game" or waste of lifetime!

Edited by Sepp Stuart

Prater    5,108

Actually, the devs have posted twice what is going on.  Just because they aren't personally letting you know doesnt mean they aren't doing anything.

Otto Kohl    1,927
6 minutes ago, Prater said:

Actually, the devs have posted twice what is going on.  Just because they aren't personally letting you know doesnt mean they aren't doing anything.

Oh yeah, you mean Unity 5 ? Fine, so no patches within next 5 months ?

qw569    1,027
31 minutes ago, Otto Kohl said:

It has been over a month since last meaningful hotfix. Game is again in a dire state, its boring as hell and numbers are droping again rapidly. We as a community pointed you many times what needs to be fixed asap AND nothing... No a word from you devs what you are planning. Will you fix this game in the upcoming week or should we start looking for other game to play ?

The last update was 17 days ago.

And I feel we will get update today.

Otto Kohl    1,927
Just now, qw569 said:

The last update was 17 days ago.

And I feel we will get update today.

That hotfix had no content. Just bug fixing.

Prater    5,108

Ink posted a short roadmap on July 3.  Also, if numbers are dropping rapidly, how come last weekend had more people on than the previous weekend?

qw569    1,027
4 minutes ago, Otto Kohl said:

@Otto Kohl

I suppose your content is danes and swedes.

Edited by qw569

Custard    134
2 minutes ago, Otto Kohl said:

You may want to reword your OP then as it's not asking for content it specifically asks for the game to be fixed.

Primus    40

I have actually returned to the game a few weeks ago along with others who either are new to the game or haven't played in a while. I think the changes the dev have made ove the past year are pretty good. My only criticism is the lack of a tutorial for new players, and the early grind for new players can be difficult because of this. Besides that this is a game to play with friends for the most part.

So Op did your friends abandon you or something? I mean i cant blame them if you have this attitude ;)

Edited by Primus

Otto Kohl    1,927
18 minutes ago, qw569 said:

@Otto Kohl

I suppose your content is danes and swedes.

Not my problem tbh, im in Coquibacoa area for some time already ;).

Captain Lust    250
49 minutes ago, Sepp Stuart said:

time for another bad review... time to protect new players before they buy this "game" or waste of lifetime!

I tried to stay positive about it for a long time, tried to understand the devs and root for them through all the hate they get.... but i can't anymore tbh... i don't want to write a negative review but i definitely won't give a positive either with how the game looks atm... what i hate the most is ultra rare upgrades and RNG drops.... pure cancer and worse than ever...

JollyRoger1516    689

Sadly as much as I would love to see new ships and better visuals and finally a UI it is not really what this game needs. No matter how it looks with these time requirements you can only count on the hardcore players to have a meaningful play and those will bleed after a while (it already started). Fixing the resource distribution and the time requirements got nothing to do with Unity 5 and I don't think this should be done first.

Cmdr RideZ    604
28 minutes ago, JollyRoger1516 said:

you can only count on the hardcore players

PvE hardcore grinders.

Edited by Cmdr RideZ

Cmdr RideZ    604
1 hour ago, Ink said:

We plan to deploy a patch in the beginning of next week.

As you do not have weekly, biweekly, monthly patch that everyone can expect, some kind of information would be nice.

Thonys    286
1 hour ago, Primus said:

I have actually returned to the game a few weeks ago along with others who either are new to the game or haven't played in a while. I think the changes the dev have made ove the past year are pretty good. My only criticism is the lack of a tutorial for new players, and the early grind for new players can be difficult because of this. Besides that this is a game to play with friends for the most part.

So Op did your friends abandon you or something? I mean i cant blame them if you have this attitude ;)

well for starters ..you my friend do not " feel" the game you can criticize on people over here  but you do not listen between the lines

but i think Otto "feels" the game quite well actually

he speaks his concerns here

perhaps you did not notice it, but a lot of players look for ten seconds (some nations especially the Dutch) and leave they are not playing...

why ??

RESTRICTIONS on there possibility to do something they can enjoy ...

created by developers (and Russian community) thoughts how things should work (for them,)( i have never seen talks about cm on the English forums, so..)

restrictions and dumb RNG creates the drop 

something Otto " feels " in the numbers of players

what's good in this matter..... a developer reacts .....and that's a good thing...

the only thing what's killing this game is the  restrictions, instead of possibilities to grow,

he does not speak about the learning curve or attitude of people,

we all know that the developers made a huge mistake, the only thing where i am concerned about is the question how that incident could happen in the first place 

Ink    2,104

some kind of information would be nice.

In brief, RoE updates, fixing some gameplay flaws, conquest mechanic tuning, bug fixes and other changes

Thonys    286
33 minutes ago, Ink said:

In brief, RoE updates, fixing some gameplay flaws, conquest mechanic tuning, bug fixes and other changes

I hope the "conquest mechanic tuning "will change into silver or gold bar ingots or pearls .

and are not attached to the  PortBattle

if so,..... you still lose your PB (and this PB is your  Player Base)

at least 50% (just my "feeling")

Edited by Thonys

koltes    1,729
9 minutes ago, Thonys said:

I hope the "conquest mechanic tuning "will change into silver or gold bar ingots or pearls .

and are not attached to the  PortBattle

if so,..... you still lose your PB (and this PB is your  Player Base)

at least 50% (just my "feeling")

Reason why you lose PBs (we had bugger all PBs in weeks) is because one side inevitably becomes OP with the population being able to perma screen smaller nations.
PBs are dead because we can't get inside the PBs

Thonys    286
1 hour ago, Captain Lust said:

I tried to stay positive about it for a long time, tried to understand the devs and root for them through all the hate they get.... but i can't anymore tbh... i don't want to write a negative review but i definitely won't give a positive either with how the game looks atm... what i hate the most is ultra rare upgrades and RNG drops.... pure cancer and worse than ever...

We all feel the same ...

just to give you some advice (if you are open for it)

just don't write a review, it gains you nothing...

you have a bigger goal here, and that is to improve the game..... you as a tester are not finished here.

Archaos    307

One thing I find quite frustrating is that there are quite a few suggestions to fix issues in the game, some good some bad, but despite a lot of civil debate in a lot of the topics there is no indication from the Devs what their thoughts are on the subject. I guess they cannot be expected to read and answer to every topic, but some of the more hotly debated topics could do with some comment from the Devs as to whether they consider the ideas good/bad/not implementable etc.

shaeberle84    256
1 hour ago, koltes said:

Reason why you lose PBs (we had bugger all PBs in weeks) is because one side inevitably becomes OP with the population being able to perma screen smaller nations.
PBs are dead because we can't get inside the PBs

This is the ROE problem extended.

If the Devs effectively abolish revenge fleets and permanent tagging and dragging into battles, then screening will work again.

You can have basically one chance for a screening attack, if this fails, the Port Battle fleet should be able to get in to the Port battle using a "exit to next port with a port battle"-mechanic. Similar to an open world "exit to next friendly port"-mechanic we used to have before the patch.

But having to fight 10 taggs for 4 hours to escape from a fight or to get through screening is just madness for a game which should be fun.