Game-Labs Forum
Otto Kohl

You want to develop this game or you dont give a s#!t anymore ?

Prater    5,108

Vicious, your numbers for my clan show the amount you exaggerate, i.e.  several fold.  P.s.  the rest of my clan who did quit or are taking a break quit because of revenge fleets, which I stated above.  By the way, what the hell do you propose?  Because you say the dev's can't do shit yet are throwing a fit.  Ah, yes, you are throwing a fit because you  lost a battle.  The game is going to die because you lost a battle.

You complain about being ganged up on and how the game is going to die because you are getting ganged up on, yet you cause everyone to want to gang up on you.

If you don't want the Swedes-Brits-Danes (you claim 60-70% of the server) to gang up on you, don't treat them like shit and don't give them an excuse to.  And if you say the game is dying because of this, it is dying because of you then, which I would disagree with because it is creating content.

Edited by Prater

Slamz    1,521
1 hour ago, Christendom said:

The juice is not worth the squeeze. 

So why'd you take over all those empty ports before, then? That was all grind and no PvP.

Now that grinds might actually invoke a fight, you're not interested?

As France our problem is if we start attacking British ports, they could crush us while the Pirates sit back. If we attack Pirate ports they can crush us while the Brits sit back. The rest of the game's content relies on the two biggest powers actively fighting each other on a daily basis.

Question is, I guess, what can game design do to make people fight?

Hodo    1,996

The problem isnt because of any of the reasons you all list, it is because of the new release of the missions over a set level.  Sorry but people are just going to do those missions to make money and fight.  Why waste time hunting in OW when you can take 15min get a mission and go fight for 30min then log off.  No risk, good reward. 

Lord Vicious    1,429
26 minutes ago, Prater said:

Vicious, your numbers for my clan show the amount you exaggerate, i.e.  several fold.  P.s.  the rest of my clan who did quit or are taking a break quit because of revenge fleets, which I stated above.  By the way, what the hell do you propose?  Because you say the dev's can't do shit yet are throwing a fit.  Ah, yes, you are throwing a fit because you  lost a battle.  The game is going to die because you lost a battle.

You complain about being ganged up on and how the game is going to die because you are getting ganged up on, yet you cause everyone to want to gang up on you.

If you don't want the Swedes-Brits-Danes (you claim 60-70% of the server) to gang up on you, don't treat them like shit and don't give them an excuse to.  And if you say the game is dying because of this, it is dying because of you then, which I would disagree with because it is creating content.

I proposed fixed over and over

bring back  tp to free ports (no ship just you as player ) (it help ppl staging around the world for pvp expecial small clans)

bring tp to nearest friendly port after a fight  (no revenge fleets)

this alone will save  rvr and ow pvp   2 simply fixes that a dev can do in less then 1h (code already existed)     wich will change immensely the quality of the game

Edited by Lord Vicious

Mrdoomed    1,517
34 minutes ago, Lord Vicious said:

Yes prater we all crazy    your clan have nobody active beside you,  we got the most low amount of pb/period    in the entire history of NA.  OW is dead, no nations in eu is fighting any other nation beside cumbaya coalition.

90% of clan have lost 50% of people,   server went from 1200+ to 800-900 (last week was 700)  ALL IS FINE,        lets keep go like this and let me know who will still play in a month.

You remind me of him:

244b992a4753d38ed947da0b5ec98738219747fa

ppl that do propaganda like you,  harm the game, people that is  realistic and try to SAY WE NEED FIXES ASAP, help the game

I dont generally like you LV or anything you do BUT i gota give you a +100 for the Baghdad Bob meme ! Excellent and so damn fitting.

Mrdoomed    1,517
8 minutes ago, Lord Vicious said:

I proposed fixed over and over

bring back  tp to free ports (it help ppl staging around the world for pvp expecial small clans)

bring tp to nearest friendly port after a fight  (no revenge fleets)

this alone will save  rvr and ow pvp

Tp to freeport actually lets pirates act like pirates and for casuals like me have fun and be successful so we know that's never gonna be allowed again .

Jean Ribault    695
3 minutes ago, Mrdoomed said:

Tp to freeport actually lets pirates act like pirates and for casuals like me have fun and be successful so we know that's never gonna be allowed again .

It does help casuals and lone players.

Mrdoomed    1,517
6 minutes ago, Jean Ribault said:

It does help casuals and lone players.

Yup, taking away the fp teleport but leaving all the rest only hurts us lone players.

Anne Wildcat    1,183
10 minutes ago, Mrdoomed said:

Wait! Hold on! Were you not completely against having tps in game?! (I'd say get rid of national tps, just keep the one with the cooldown). 

Christendom    1,793
38 minutes ago, Slamz said:

So why'd you take over all those empty ports before, then? That was all grind and no PvP.

As France our problem is if we start attacking British ports, they could crush us while the Pirates sit back. If we attack Pirate ports they can crush us while the Brits sit back. The rest of the game's content relies on the two biggest powers actively fighting each other on a daily basis.

Ports = Marks = Ships.  The marks must flow.  I'm so burnt out on getting ready to fight I don't feel like even grinding more ports.  

Pre wipe on EU I was doing 7+ PBs a week between our allied group.  Sometimes 2-3 a day.  Post wipe I've done only a handful of contested ones, both severs are in similar situations.  

Expensive ships and time consuming grinds do not equal more battles.  Bring back duras or make ships cheaper and the hostility grinds less time consuming.  

Flinch    41
4 minutes ago, Christendom said:

Ports = Marks = Ships.  The marks must flow.  I'm so burnt out on getting ready to fight I don't feel like even grinding more ports.  

Pre wipe on EU I was doing 7+ PBs a week between our allied group.  Sometimes 2-3 a day.  Post wipe I've done only a handful of contested ones, both severs are in similar situations.  

Expensive ships and time consuming grinds do not equal more battles.  Bring back duras or make ships cheaper and the hostility grinds less time consuming.  

This is the struggle. Most dont want multiple duras but some do. So we are constantly pulling this game down two very different paths. Multiple duras is stupid to me. 

Ships are dirt cheap. If a surprise cost 250k in MT I can buy a new one every two days. Im a two week old newbie. People have way more money than me. 

Prater    5,108

Well, it isn't that ships aren't cheap, it is the modules that go with them.  The modules can easily run 1.5-2m.

Flinch    41

You dont need to pimp out a 5th rate with 1.5 mil worth of modules. Slap a gazelle on it (60k maybe?) get it fir fir and use optimized ballast. I think thats 15nts for a pvp surprise.

Prater    5,108

Fir Fir is actually worse than another type (cheaper, true) but, ya that is a 14.8 knots without weight.  Add guns and repairs and it is slower.  This would be 120 combat notes.  Gazelle is about 120k for pirates pvp eu (6k gold per combat mark).

Edited by Prater

Sir Texas Sir    3,271
12 hours ago, Ink said:

We plan to deploy a patch in the beginning of next week.

Ya'll tend to get silent before a patch so some of us expected this.  Maybe a few players should do what I'm doing this week.  I pop on in the mornings do my econ and than I been playing other games that have updates recently in the eves just to take a break from things.  I do this ever couple of weeks just to keep from getting burn out.  You really don't have to be on the game every night folks. 

11 hours ago, Ink said:

In brief, RoE updates, fixing some gameplay flaws, conquest mechanic tuning, bug fixes and other changes

Really hoping this means the Fleet Groups and fixing the BR issues some have with Port battles and being screened by split crap ships instead of a good full fleet to fight.

10 hours ago, koltes said:

Reason why you lose PBs (we had bugger all PBs in weeks) is because one side inevitably becomes OP with the population being able to perma screen smaller nations.
PBs are dead because we can't get inside the PBs

They really need to look into this for server health.  As long as one nation has such large numbers over the others there is going to be a problem about balance in game and we should nip it in the butt while testing and not after release.

1 hour ago, Slamz said:

You really have no clue what's going on in the server do you. I know my clan is pretty much attacking Brits nightly now (we left US to the Mort rats, small clans and Day time PvP).   British can field prob three port battle fleets on a good night if it's during a good time and prob on weekends.  No one else can field two fleets.  So if ya'll want a fight than take it to the British when we do and we will see just how mighty and good they are when they are dealing with smaller nations attacking them at the same time.

This goes with US to, if they stop twiddling around in the shallows or with Savanna and a Port battle they aren't ready for they could be pushing back the British in the Gulf of Mexico while we are hitting them in the center and well France prob in the center too cause I bet ya'll would love Les Cayes back?    Oh but France is to busy with a boarder war with a 4 man nation and a nation that can only field a full team in SEA/AUS time zones.  Speaking of which if you let off the Danes they would prob be keeping Brits SEA/AUS players busy as they are the only ones with numbers to field a full PB team in that time zones.   

See there I let you know how not to be bored and who to fight when you got one nation that has way more players than several small nations combined.   Hell even Dutch can get involved with the French.   I'm sure the Brits will help there buddies out if French pushed the south some?    

Realy how hard is it to get these things going?  Oh yah to many old players have grudges and won't fight there friends or what not.   So instead you have a bunch of stalemates where nothing gets done other than big nations picking on small nations.  Stir the pot some boys and lets get some fighting done on GLOBAL.   

Slamz    1,521
17 minutes ago, Christendom said:

Expensive ships and time consuming grinds do not equal more battles.

Again it's a player created problem. You could round up your buddies and go PvP in a bunch of Cerberuses and probably have 10x more fun than what you're currently doing. (The way the pirates on our server are failfit with fir/fir and crooked hulls you could probably get some kills with 6th rates. Those are some brittle ships.)

In my opinion the grind is best done in Bellonas which are very affordable, good in PvP, sufficiently maneuverable and not a huge risk to lose. My ideal grind group for 6 people would be something like 2 Bellonas, 2 4th rates and 2 5th rates.

The only real problem I see is actually the risk and hassle of tons of hull repairs needed for the contention grind.

The ships themselves are not really the problem.....unless, of course, you are directing far too much of your economy into 1st rates.

Mrdoomed    1,517
1 hour ago, Anne Wildcat said:

Wait! Hold on! Were you not completely against having tps in game?! (I'd say get rid of national tps, just keep the one with the cooldown). 

Ive in said im against all tp ( exept the 3 or 4 hour cooldown) BUT we either hve tp or we dont and if they are going to have tps then they need them everywhere and to stop picking winners and losers.  Its like they are purposefully running off anyone not in a big clan or who wont dedicate thier life to the game.

But go back through some of my tp talk and its either we have them or we dontbamd to stop playing favorites. 

Jœrnson    311

Got a message today that "Ultimate General: Civial War" left EA status.

So now devs maybe focus on NA again.

Crossing fingers!

Edited by Jœrnson

Sir Texas Sir    3,271
3 minutes ago, Jœrnson said:

Got a message today that "Ultimate General: Civial War" left EA status.

So now devs maybe focus on NA again.

Crossing fingers!

Not same team so has nothing to do with this team, but thanks for reminding me as I haven't played it in a while.

Edited by Sir Texas Sir

Christendom    1,793
23 minutes ago, Slamz said:

Again it's a player created problem. You could round up your buddies and go PvP in a bunch of Cerberuses and probably have 10x more fun than what you're currently doing. (The way the pirates on our server are failfit with fir/fir and crooked hulls you could probably get some kills with 6th rates. Those are some brittle ships.)

In my opinion the grind is best done in Bellonas which are very affordable, good in PvP, sufficiently maneuverable and not a huge risk to lose. My ideal grind group for 6 people would be something like 2 Bellonas, 2 4th rates and 2 5th rates.

The only real problem I see is actually the risk and hassle of tons of hull repairs needed for the contention grind.

The ships themselves are not really the problem.....unless, of course, you are directing far too much of your economy into 1st rates.

The cost of ships, hours needed to produce and of course hours needed to grind them have all been imposed on the community, these are not player created problems.  You seem to always have to be right on these forums, so arguing further is a waste of time.  You are in the very small minority of players that think absolutely nothing is wrong and it's the community that is the problem.  This is incorrect.  

http://steamcharts.com/app/311310#6m

The data suggests that the honeymoon period is over with the new patch and we'll very soon start seeing population numbers similar to the wipe announcement.  The game is boring.  Enjoyable battles are few and far between.  Ships are too costly to lose.  ROE and revenge fleets make PVP against meaningful targets almost impossible and the conquest mark system is perhaps the worst thing they could of done to "improve" RVR.  I applaud your optimism, but it's time to call this patch a failure.  

Edited by Christendom

Liquicity    2,835

tbh it's not THAT hard to get ressources together for a decent OW PvP ship - at least anything up to 5th rates. However, if you need to grind PvE to get crucial upgrades like copper plating and therefore be competetive due to the silly current 15kt meta, I can see why people are not willing to risk their stuff.

Same goes for Refits such as Crooked hull / Bovenwind Refit --- 1-2 ports selling the materials you need for the refits. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Please remove RNG drops from pve. Maybe re-introduce some pve-only-upgrades into crafting again.

Edited by Liquicity

Sir Texas Sir    3,271
2 minutes ago, Liquicity said:

tbh it's not THAT hard to get ressources together for a decent OW PvP ship - at least anything up to 5th rates. However, if you need to grind PvE to get crucial upgrades like copper plating and therefore be competetive due to the silly current 15kt meta, I can see why people are not willing to risk their stuff.
Please remove RNG drops from pve. Maybe re-introduce some pve-only-upgrades into crafting again.

Copper plating should be a knowledge book you learn to make the mod like all the other refits not some random drop.  It's the one that every one should know if they don't have a region to get the speed mod stuff to make those mods.  You know I think if they fix the demasting issues to bring it back before patch they will see a lot less speed boats out there.  The reason every one was demasting when the patch came out cause it was to easy and it was the fastest way to slow down these speed fit ships cause there mast where paper thin, which they should be.   With all the repairs we get now though it's a pain to slow them down.  Not to mention the 4 laser sniper cannons in the rear of the Surprise.  The accuracy of those guns need to go back to what they where a long time ago like all the other cannons.  Right now a speed fit Surprise can out run and keep other same speed fit ships off it cause of the 4 cannons vs 2 of other ship (other than trinc) and accuracy where all four shots hit while the guys using there for cannons prob will miss 50% of there shots at a distance.

Slamz    1,521
7 minutes ago, Christendom said:

The cost of ships, hours needed to produce and of course hours needed to grind them have all been imposed on the community, these are not player created problems.

Are you saying you can't afford to fight in Snows?

Or a Cerberus?

Surprises, maybe?

If that's not what you're saying then yes, it IS a player created problem. Just because Aggies and Victories exist doesn't mean you have to hide in the back until you have 25 of them.

The last couple of nights my guild toured all around La Navasse and La Tortue expecting to maybe run into some Pirates clashing with some Brits but there was nobody home. Sank a couple wayward players and that was about it. Pirates are either in their home area or on the US coast. Brits are scattered but do a lot in Great Corn and some around South America and apparently some on the US coast but the obvious lane of major clashing is being avoided by both parties.

And don't say it's ship cost.

This same thing happened a year ago when all ships had 5 durability and it rained money.

I think the problem is that egos become so huge in this game nobody wants to risk putting it on the line. Everyone's a champion until they get off the sidelines and have to prove it. I consider myself to be a pretty mid-tier PvPer partially because I don't care if my ship is 100% perfect and ideally fit and I do go get blown up and sunk in various ways but I'd still claim I'm better than the lot of you because a fighter who fights and loses is more useful than one who won't get off the bench but just sits there claiming he's the best (and goes on about how smart he is for sitting there, "getting ready").

If my guild could round up 25 players per night I cannot fathom why I would not start a port battle at least every other day.

We ground the Danes into submission and that was with a combined French team effort of typically 6-12 people.

Don't tell me Brits can't do better than the French. Or that you hate grinding but then go run missions.

Hodo    1,996
34 minutes ago, Slamz said:

Are you saying you can't afford to fight in Snows?

Or a Cerberus?

Surprises, maybe?

If that's not what you're saying then yes, it IS a player created problem. Just because Aggies and Victories exist doesn't mean you have to hide in the back until you have 25 of them.

The last couple of nights my guild toured all around La Navasse and La Tortue expecting to maybe run into some Pirates clashing with some Brits but there was nobody home. Sank a couple wayward players and that was about it. Pirates are either in their home area or on the US coast. Brits are scattered but do a lot in Great Corn and some around South America and apparently some on the US coast but the obvious lane of major clashing is being avoided by both parties.

And don't say it's ship cost.

This same thing happened a year ago when all ships had 5 durability and it rained money.

I think the problem is that egos become so huge in this game nobody wants to risk putting it on the line. Everyone's a champion until they get off the sidelines and have to prove it. I consider myself to be a pretty mid-tier PvPer partially because I don't care if my ship is 100% perfect and ideally fit and I do go get blown up and sunk in various ways but I'd still claim I'm better than the lot of you because a fighter who fights and loses is more useful than one who won't get off the bench but just sits there claiming he's the best (and goes on about how smart he is for sitting there, "getting ready").

If my guild could round up 25 players per night I cannot fathom why I would not start a port battle at least every other day.

We ground the Danes into submission and that was with a combined French team effort of typically 6-12 people.

Don't tell me Brits can't do better than the French. Or that you hate grinding but then go run missions.

Exactly.  Too many people have this problem.   While I understand that not everyone wants to sail around in unrates but sometimes it is the most cost effective ship out there.   I recently spent a week building up the materials and money to upgrade my shipyard to tier 2, so I can build 5th rates if I am so inclined.   But I only did this because I wanted a Leda and a Belle.   But that is it.   

People also have this game crippling fear of fighting something they feel is OP, like the Agamemnon in 4th rate PBs with anything LESS than a Agamemnon built out of Live Oak and White Oak.   The same goes for Shallow PBs, I dont know how many times I hear... "Mercury LO/WO ONLY"   Or the Line Ship PB, Vics, Santis and L'Oceans ONLY...  no room for variation or tactics... just sail straight at them, keep upwind and HAMMER them down while you work on capturing circles with the slowest ships in history.  Instead of thinking about maneuver warfare to capture points, force the bigger fleet to sail and make mistakes and spread out or risk losing the fight.    While a Ballona cant go broadside to broadside with a Victory, it can sure as hell out sail one.  

I fear a lot of people have a very narrow view on what works and refuse to deviate from this in fear of failure.