Game-Labs Forum

Crew repair during boarding?

mikawa

Question

Hi devs,

is it possible to repair crew during boarding???

Yesterday I boarded another player I had a slight advantage of 300 against 280 men but I was raked by another player reducing my crew quickly and meanwhile the crew of the opponent went up again from 250 to 280 ... ? Is that really possible and how? I didn't have any press "5" for repair option during boarding. Is it a perk? Or some other hidden game mechanic? Or a bug?

• Like 1

6 answers to this question

Rum and Boarding....

So, yesterday got into a fight @koltes

He was looking for rookies in my backyard. Anyway came to boarding and something strange happened that I'd never seen before. I believe I won the first two opening rounds. In @koltesFar column OK (outside Kills) it showed negative numbers -14 and -16. I had no idea what this was...

In my post fight analysis I asked @koltes what it meant. Correctly he assumed @Norfolk nChance hit the Crew repair or RUM prior to the boarding action. His thinking was he took 30 of my CREW in the opening round, but -14 were return back to me . This negative number appearing in his OK column. This due to the RUM repair count. 

If this is correct, Hitting RUM or crew repairs just prior to a boarding would be a good tactic no ? 

sorry for slightly off OP 

***** this is something I posted the other day and yes is correct to your OP **********

Edited by Norfolk nChance

If you pop it right before boarding your crew will fight with a bottle in one hand and a cutlass in the other. Personally I think it should stop because there's a time for fighting and a time for drinking. If anything, being drunk should make your crew less efficient fighters.

• Like 1

On 7/23/2017 at 3:06 PM, Sir Texas Sir said:

Just a heads up you don't have to do it before boarding. You can do it during the boarding.  It just doesn't show the menus when you do it.  You can also pop repairs too while boarding.   

WHich is beyond stupid....