Game-Labs Forum
vazco

tow to port should teleport to the last port you've been at

Current system allows for huge exploits in trade and port battles. Teleport to last port would only allow players that are pvp'ing to get back to their waters quick. It's still not ideal, as they could teleport to help their friends in their own waters, however it's much less of an issue than PB or traders teleporting to avoid combat.

Sure is better than what we have now.

Only real issue I can see other than the one you pointed out is a bit of potential alt abuse - e.g. someone sails a lynx across the map, it and an alt transfers goods within a battle instance (where weight limits dont apply either, so you could chuck huge cargo loads onto a lynx, and docking isnt needed), and then the main teleports all the way back to the capital he started out from. But at least that's a quite convoluted process.

How often do we get stuck in OW? I don't mind having the tow feature as a safety and I think the OP is a good suggestion, but as long as we can tow with cargo it can and will be abused.  

How about... no teleports at all.

I have never gotten my ship stuck to where I cannot get it unstuck. I'm not genuinely convinced it's anywhere near enough of an issue affecting players that we need an entire game-breaking mechanic to "fix" it.

15 hours ago, vazco said:

Current system allows for huge exploits in trade and port battles. Teleport to last port would only allow players that are pvp'ing to get back to their waters quick. It's still not ideal, as they could teleport to help their friends in their own waters, however it's much less of an issue than PB or traders teleporting to avoid combat.

So I can sail from Fort Royal to Mort town, kill some players then just hit teleport to go back to Fort Royal again? 

Tow to port is only meant for those getting stuck or lost.

You can still get stuck because of bugs. Us veterans should not get lost.

How about tow to port brings you back to a random friendly deep port?

Maybe then is it pricy enough for a veteran to not use it, unless actually being stuck. You would not end up lost ... lost. Except as Midshipman, but that can be considered an adventure. :P

Only abuse left is an "immediate" escape from enemy waters. Small gain vs price?

On 12/07/2017 at 1:09 AM, Vllad said:

So I can sail from Fort Royal to Mort town, kill some players then just hit teleport to go back to Fort Royal again? 

Yes. That's not a big abuse as opposed to traders avoiding combat now. You still have to wait 120 seconds to teleport.

Btw, bugs happen. I got stuck outside of the map two times. One time a friend of mine left Gustavia and magically appeared in Mortimer town.

On 7/15/2017 at 6:43 AM, vazco said:

Yes. That's not a big abuse as opposed to traders avoiding combat now. You still have to wait 120 seconds to teleport.

Btw, bugs happen. I got stuck outside of the map two times. One time a friend of mine left Gustavia and magically appeared in Mortimer town.

HUH? That is a HUGE Abuse....  You can go deep into enemy regions raid all you want then teleport home? How is that ANY better then the Old cap a AI and slingshot yourself somewhere?

Two to Port should check if ship is stranded (trapped in geometry) and work if true. If false should not work and inform the captain that he isn't elligible for towing service.

12 hours ago, The Red Duke said:

Two to Port should check if ship is stranded (trapped in geometry) and work if true. If false should not work and inform the captain that he isn't elligible for towing service.

Not sure the system is capable of that.. Given how many AI sail though Islands and all:)