Game-Labs Forum

21 minutes ago, PIerrick de Badas said:

when you are facing the wind frigates, oceans or snow are unable to caught the mortar if there fleet cover them. They just have to follow the fleet and the wind push ennemy away from them

Okay. How long is a full revolution of the mortar ? I know their best angle is to starboard but never timed the turn. 

1 hour ago, The Red Duke said:

Okay. How long is a full revolution of the mortar ? I know their best angle is to starboard but never timed the turn. 

It is quicker to turn the ship.

Watched the match on the live stream and for a long time had the feeling that the Russians would win. Not because they were better in close combat, but because their tactics were better. But am I right in my view of the match?

I saw a match between an experienced pb commander and some good pvp players. It seemed to me as if the Russians plan was winning by points, while the Danes would win by sinking all the opponents.

The Russians had good luck with their strategy and got all three circles. They pulled the Danes farther and farther away. It seemed that at 850 points the Danes discovered that they would lose by points. By that time, the Danes had already killed 3 Russians.
At 900 points there is battle in one circle and this is where I think the Russians made the mistake that cost them the pb. They would not be able to win by fighting man to man, but should win on points.
What Babay should have done was to let the Danes get the circle and chain their sails and not fight them. The Danes had to take the next circle by sailing in the headwinds and they could not have done if the two Russians had not been sunk, giving the Danes more time. Then it was just a matter of time.

But it's always a good day when the Danes win.

12 minutes ago, staun said:

Watched the match on the live stream and for a long time had the feeling that the Russians would win. Not because they were better in close combat, but because their tactics were better. But am I right in my view of the match?

I saw a match between an experienced pb commander and some good pvp players. It seemed to me as if the Russians plan was winning by points, while the Danes would win by sinking all the opponents.

The Russians had good luck with their strategy and got all three circles. They pulled the Danes farther and farther away. It seemed that at 850 points the Danes discovered that they would lose by points. By that time, the Danes had already killed 3 Russians.
At 900 points there is battle in one circle and this is where I think the Russians made the mistake that cost them the pb. They would not be able to win by fighting man to man, but should win on points.
What Babay should have done was to let the Danes get the circle and chain their sails and not fight them. The Danes had to take the next circle by sailing in the headwinds and they could not have done if the two Russians had not been sunk, giving the Danes more time. Then it was just a matter of time.

But it's always a good day when the Danes win.

With the new system you should keep in mind that russia may have 3 points, but every dane in a circle makes the point useless. They had 3 circles for a while but in 2 of them danes were present which means that only 1 circle generates points... very slowly

In portbattles you only have to hold 1 point to give yourself enough time to win the battle (sinking ships) which pretty much means you cant play on points anymore. But thats already like that since 10 min starttimer made it into the game.

The side playing, or trying to play on points will allways lose if thr side which is going for sinking doesnt lose the battle itself. But then you even lose less ships.

So in general: If 1 side goes for points and the other for sinks the side which is going for sinks has 2 possible outcomes:

1. win the battle decisive by sinking a shit ton of upgrades ships

2. losing the battle by losing a small number of ships. 1000 points are reached very fast for pointside

Which basically means

- you go for sinks = you either win big or lose small

- You go for points = you either lose big or win small

Snowballing is also a big thing in NA. The side going for points probably sends less ships to the battle itself so yea...

Edited by rediii

Lately I have seen that the tactic of controlling circles provide more defeats that victories.

Also I would say that most of the russian fleet are new players playing port battles.

Tactics win battles but skilled captains can change the outcome of a battle at a certain point. 

Here you go Peter, just to boost your legendary humility up :

Banished_1.jpg

Banished_2.jpg

When you do some screening for the Brits with your nice hunting conie, do not shout in Global that you sunk one VLTRA when you forget mentioning it was a single rattleH Vs conie.

Then, when you see the same VLTRA (recently killed) going after you with a (fir/fir) wasa, do not shout in Global that you do not want to waste your time cause there would be no PVP rewards...

You got tagged & you got sunk. (That time it was not as easy as against a rattleH! he!)

cheers

13 hours ago, Celtiberofrog said:

When you do some screening for the Brits with your nice hunting conie, 

Didn't know a single ship infront of a port is now considered a screening fleet.

15 minutes ago, Batman said:

Didn't know a single ship infront of a port is now considered a screening fleet.

An ex-AHOY sailing around a started PB against Brits (funny coincidence), whatever the number of ship, that was a screen action.

(Did someone mention a fleet ?)

2 hours ago, monk33y said:

Batman how did yesterdays gb port battles go?

Good.

Spain didn't show up neither for Las Sabinas or Triangles. So the first was "defended", the latter was captured.

I think it was one guy from CH clan who went for triangles, because a bunch of SH guys was raising hostility at Selam when we wanted to leave for triangles.

So we fought SH Clan over several battles across the whole evening. I think in total it was four battles (Hostility mission + 3 battles afterwards), where SH Clan suffered heavy losses.

Client2017-11-1622-47-19-627.jpg

This screenshot is from the second battle, I think. One of the escaped Spanish ships was captured in a seperate battle and in the last battle, SH was becoming desperate and tagged Brits with a few Wasas + L'Hermione in fleet.

Edited by Batman

Talking for myself, not desperation, just looking for some fun. Didn’t expect fleet of wassas would sink a greater fleet of oceans.... was entertaining.