Jump to content
Game-Labs Forum

Recommended Posts

56 minutes ago, Admiral Horatio Hornblower said:

I didn't say our current ingame navy is the best of the server. But I'm quite sure that, without some rotten apples, we will prevail.

I can't put on risk my clan and my nation because some rats desire their little revenge. I'm not a shortsighted neither a selfish british captain like some of you have proven (Cartagena).

Some kills won't solve anything for Great Britain. But my message here can make a difference.

To my british fellows, hold strong.

To the rats, you are nothing and you will accomplish nothing against our determination to rise again from the ashes. You are like the moskito in the horn of a bull.

To the spantards, you have won some battles. But you are losing the war, as always. 

 

Your navy is worthless. The French put up a better fight. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Admiral Horatio Hornblower said:

You don't have one. You can only make some noise, like a mosquito.

That noise killed about 100 British ships in last few weeks and more smaller ships and barely lost any at all. That must be a huge size mosquito you're trying to describe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Admiral Horatio Hornblower said:

Come to one of our ports with all your elite (gankers) players.

We could show you how the carebears can defend against the old members of the so amazing DPL and AHOY clans. 

Because I'm generous, a tip for the port battle, 25 le gros ventre refit might not be the best fleet.

We own kpr and Belize every night. You aren't fit to kiss the dirt a DPL or ahoy captain walked upon. You think you are tough? Choose any number of British captains, meet us between navasse and morant. We will wipe the floor with you then wipe our arses with your entrails.

Edited by Malachy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Peter Goldman said:

I'm sorry, but we don't play carebear RvR grinding hostility PvE game. We live in free towns like true pyrates. Do you want to fight 3v3 or you wanna hide inside your safe ports?

You grinded ports before. As pirate, you flipped blondel cay. Now you say otherwise.

33 minutes ago, Malachy said:

We own kpr and Belize every night. You aren't fit to kiss the dirt a DPL or ahoy captain walked upon. You think you are tough? Choose any number of British captains, meet us between navasse and morant. We will wipe the floor with you then wipe our arses with your entrails.

I love your roleplaying. Top quality. You look quite confortable in your new life as a rat. 

You are invited with another 24 mosquitos to show your superior skills in a fair port battle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Admiral Horatio Hornblower said:

You grinded ports before. As pirate, you flipped blondel cay. Now you say otherwise.

I love your roleplaying. Top quality. You look quite confortable in your new life as a rat. 

You are invited with another 24 mosquitos to show your superior skills in a fair port battle.

>pirates

>port battles

>25 players RvR fleet

>pirate nation

Yea, Blondel Cay was grinded by 3 players during the night that had nothing better to do. Port was captured by 2 players.

We are raiding the entire map and nothing can stop us. Jamaica and Belize are defenceless, just like other regions of the map. The highest security got Bermuda I would say, I have to admit that Russians put a lot of effort to ensure its safety - making it a good challenge for us.

Edited by Peter Goldman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A few posts regarding bounties and associated promises of hunting have been merged into a new thread in this board.

http://forum.game-labs.net/topic/23551-pvp-eu-bounty-hunting/

No personal insults and attacks allowed there. Keep acting like captains and post your personal battles results. Turn your forum PvP into game content.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Portbattle Russians vs Swedes @ Grand Turk

Commanders:
Sweden: redii, sveno
Russian: Anolytic (?)

Result: Swedish Victory

9d6NkIP.png

Basically the Russians went to the Swedes, passed them downwind and then gave up the Portbattle.
This was one of the shortest portbattle done between the Swedes and Russians.
The Swedes tried to sink as many Russians as possible, also in OW after the portbattle.

A feature of interest was that the Swedes used 3 Mortar Brigs in a defensive portbattle.

Video will be uploaded when it is ready.

edit: Added video.

Edited by sveno

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We know your mortar ability, you dismat our bucentaure flet with them on pdp, i think pb will soon be 17 mortar per side and 1 frigate. Tis ship has to been nerf because it's not use they way it's supposed to

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, PIerrick de Badas said:

We know your mortar ability, you dismat our bucentaure flet with them on pdp, i think pb will soon be 17 mortar per side and 1 frigate. Tis ship has to been nerf because it's not use they way it's supposed to

I tend to agree there. The thing is too accurate vs ships. Mortar combat all the way!

No need for linefighting, just who gets lucky first!

Works well on smaller PB's at only 95 br each! Bring 20+ a couple of actual combat ships!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe have some specialized ships to hunt and bring them down ?

BTW sveno, I like that PB card format, with the location, commanders, etc :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, PIerrick de Badas said:

We know your mortar ability, you dismat our bucentaure flet with them on pdp, i think pb will soon be 17 mortar per side and 1 frigate. Tis ship has to been nerf because it's not use they way it's supposed to

 

18 minutes ago, Cornelis Tromp said:

I tend to agree there. The thing is too accurate vs ships. Mortar combat all the way!

No need for linefighting, just who gets lucky first!

Works well on smaller PB's at only 95 br each! Bring 20+ a couple of actual combat ships!

i think more than 5 isnt worth it. Its also hard to hit ships with them. You can be glad that swärker doesnt like the game atm. :D

recommendation: Like I think thickness is too high atm and made a thread about it you can make a thread about it too and point out that mortarbrigs are too BR effective

 

btw look at a real portbattle. Battle of copenhagen had several mortar ships. A total of 7 on the british side

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes reddi but find me where it's written they shooted on ships? This ships has to be anchor both way to be able to shoot without mooving when their big gun shoot. When you have the wind in a 7200 br pb there is now way to get enough wind to chase the mortar if the fleet is screening you weel and not wasting the wind

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, PIerrick de Badas said:

Yes reddi but find me where it's written they shooted on ships? This ships has to be anchor both way to be able to shoot without mooving when their big gun shoot. When you have the wind in a 7200 br pb there is now way to get enough wind to chase the mortar if the fleet is screening you weel and not wasting the wind

They probably didnt. But at the moment they are very effective for their BR especially vs heavy oceans so we use them. Devs have tonbalance them if they think they are too effective

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cornelis Tromp said:

I tend to agree there. The thing is too accurate vs ships. Mortar combat all the way!

No need for linefighting, just who gets lucky first!

Works well on smaller PB's at only 95 br each! Bring 20+ a couple of actual combat ships!

We have a new PB system specifically to get more variation, mortar brigs are a part of that variation, as everybody can use it, i think its fair game - also gives fast frigates a sence being in a heavy portbattle.

In this portbattle, our mortars only made three assists, no kill. Your mortar was the first to demast a big ship. I wouldn't call them OP against ships, needs a lot of skill.

Edited by sveno

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Portbattle Russians vs Swedes @ Port de Paix

Commanders:
Sweden: redii, sveno
Russia: Babay, Anolytic

Result: Sweden wins

51339122DBD14BC6188D83BAB378817F26F32209

A weird and short portbattle. Both teams had 3 mortar brigs. The port is in a very narrow passage, making maneuvering a very close thing. Wind was SEE slightly in favour of the defending Swedes. The Russians had to pass the Swedes downwind, the Swedes evaded almost all mortar shots by doing slalom in the front part of the lines.
The Russians were mostly downwind and were not able to hold circles as they were pressed against the downwind Island. The Swedes sent some Wasas to the Russian mortar Brigs and had not to worry about them, while the Swedish mortar Brigs were able to do large damage on the Russian big ships.
The Swedes held most of a time all three circles and victory was early, too early, we would have liked to fight a bit longer.

WP to the Russians, thank you for this Portbattle! o7

Swedish PoV done by @rediii

Russian PoV done by @BABAY

edit: added video

Edited by sveno

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, sveno said:

They probably didnt. But at the moment they are very effective for their BR especially vs heavy oceans so we use them. Devs have tonbalance them if they think they are too effective

I'd like the mortar brigs to stay as they are or become more effective... it's the only ship that offers something unique...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Landsman said:

I'd like the mortar brigs to stay as they are or become more effective... it's the only ship that offers something unique...

or add aircraft carriers to the game? they too will be unique

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DreamMaker said:

or add aircraft carriers to the game? they too will be unique

I sense alot of butthurt here... got sunk by a mortar brig lately? I know mortar brigs firing on ships isn't very realistic but let's not talk about realism when we have masts that are flying out of the water back onto the ship, sails that are completely shredded getting fixed to look 100% new and crew that gets raised from the dead by a few sips of rum... like really?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Landsman said:

I sense alot of butthurt here... got sunk by a mortar brig lately? I know mortar brigs firing on ships isn't very realistic but let's not talk about realism when we have masts that are flying out of the water back onto the ship, sails that are completely shredded getting fixed to look 100% new and crew that gets raised from the dead by a few sips of rum... like really?

The, dont do so much in a normal players hand anyway. Russia is butthurt because they dont want to go upwind with oceans if there are mortarbrigs shooting them.

Little downside there of so heavy ships i guess ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, PIerrick de Badas said:

maybe mortar br should be change, not the ship itslef but the cost to bring it in battle to balance is openess and just have 1 or 2 per pb to focus on towers

Would having "mortar killers" light frigates in the line.up help as well ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, PIerrick de Badas said:

when you are facing the wind frigates, oceans or snow are unable to caught the mortar if there fleet cover them. They just have to follow the fleet and the wind push ennemy away from them

A Prince or Privateer can easily sail upwind and catch a M-Brig.   A Surprise can also do it if it is setup for close hauled sailing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×