Game-Labs Forum

monk33y

2 hours ago, Batman said:

I've just asked if you actually bother attacking in a offensive port battle, or just let the mortars farm points. It's no doubt effective, but very boring.

If you want me to tell you how to beat yourself, I would have told you to just sink all your ships ;)

We can do it if you don't run every time we were close to you...

PB video...

On 11/21/2017 at 8:26 PM, pietjenoob said:

I want to visit them again as soon am back to my Home setup, Let them feel the wrath of Aegir

*in his best Lurch voice*  ....You rang? :P

Portbattle at Rosaly

Attacker: France           Defender: Sweden

Result: Swedish Victory

Swedish Commander: rediii

French Commander: Louis XVI(?)

Swedish were Downwind and shot on masts. After an engage they managed to focus 2 ships down and got neutral wind from that. After that battle was decided, French ships got focused down and started retreating.

311310_screenshots_20171123221123_1.thumb.jpg.223cbabbfbc1c95e7cff3d1507d4071b.jpg

Our Portbattlefleet in Grand Anse didnt get a fight and decided to do hostility in Roseau. In the second mission a french Defense fleet joined the battle.

We sailed upwind and called the Fleet of Rosaly for help. With their arrival we startet a brawl. We lost 3 guys, because the french joined around them and 1 in the brawl.

Swedish command: Ser Abram Svensson, rediii (after arrival), Palatinose (after arrival)

French command: Kierrip de Badas(?)

20171123230148_1.thumb.jpg.440f4c5d42bba4364f7454a3af4f162a.jpg

Thank you for the fights Frenchies o7

Edited by Abram Svensson
  • Like 4

I lead it for the 5 players around me. Our forces were quicly splitted in 2 groups. As soon as we see the reinforcement we know we just have had to make our best and have fun before sunking. This sytem preventing more player to join the ia fleet is bullshit leading the one joining the battle to face a risk to be ++ outnumber.
The problem is that we got french that wanted to go in but they couldn't due of the npc in. So we basicly face 25 ships with 15. Pickup join the battle as well in french side burning the slots.

The battle itself was good but we were a bit sad to not be able to make a nice 25v25 due of npc

Edited by PIerrick de Badas
  • Like 6

5 hours ago, PIerrick de Badas said:

I lead it for the 5 players around me. Our forces were quicly splitted in 2 groups. As soon as we see the reinforcement we know we just have had to make our best and have fun before sunking. This sytem preventing more player to join the ia fleet is bullshit leading the one joining the battle to face a risk to be ++ outnumber.
The problem is that we got french that wanted to go in but they couldn't due of the npc in. So we basicly face 25 ships with 15. Pickup join the battle as well in french side burning the slots.

The battle itself was good but we were a bit sad to not be able to make a nice 25v25 due of npc

Completely agree here. Hostilitysystem gives a clear advantage to the attackers due to the NPCs on Defenders side.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, PIerrick de Badas said:

I also agree completely. Maybe it helps to Limit the attacker slots to 15 to make it fair.

Better yet, scale the hostility battles to the actual BR in the port?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, sveno said:

Better yet, scale the hostility battles to the actual BR in the port?

Indeed, that was asked since the first new BR patch.

We were told that it was going to be considered, let's hope it will be adapted.

But, assuming that AI's fleet would be full BR, as soon as attackers fill the requested BR, there will be no possibilities for defenders to get into the battle.

However, to make it trickier for attackers, any hostility mission could allow DOUBLE BR for defenders (first full BR from AI fleet + additional full BR from defenders to get in)

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Celtiberofrog said:

Indeed, that was asked since the first new BR patch.

We were told that it was going to be considered, let's hope it will be adapted.

But, assuming that AI's fleet would be full BR, as soon as attackers fill the requested BR, there will be no possibilities for defenders to get into the battle.

However, to make it trickier for attackers, any hostility mission could allow DOUBLE BR for defenders (first full BR from AI fleet + additional full BR from defenders to get in)

Agree with the approach, but maybe the BR factor for defenders should not be 2? Maybe 1.5, 1.7 ish? However, with this factor it is possible to balance defensive vs. offensive actions. 

Or may be (but I don't know of this would be easy or not to implement in game), the BR to be limited all along the fight goes, defenders and attackers being able to replace sunk IA or comrades, up to the limits of

• 25 players in total (excluding IA's),
  • The PB battle rating limit can never be over reach,
  • Players fleets kept out of battle (as done in PB's),
  • 90 minutes (please avoid endless battles).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eléazar de Damas said:

Or may be (but I don't know of this would be easy or not to implement in game), the BR to be limited all along the fight goes, defenders and attackers being able to replace sunk IA or comrades, up to the limits of

• 25 players in total (excluding IA's),
  • The PB battle rating limit can never be over reach,
  • Players fleets kept out of battle (as done in PB's),
  • 90 minutes (please avoid endless battles).

Would be a benefit for the defender then.

What about the idea of 90 minutes hostility missions, that allow to replace escaped or sunk ships over the full duration for both sides?

Defenders can replace the sunk AI and Attackers can organise reinforcements for damaged ships. Cap it at 25 ships per side, but if a ships escapes or sinks the slot becomes free for a new player to join. This would reach a new level of organisation and outside of the mission OW battles could start with players who wanted to stay ready for the mission.

The battle will go over the full duration, but it will get a clear result.

• Like 3

The defender already has to overcome the disadvantage of having to react in time.

Let's be honest here, the whole "hostility mission" system is very, very bad for the game. For a start, it causes lots and lots of PVE combat on a PVP server. Jumping into the missions is extremely arcade - ships just spawn in the middle of a battle.

At least they're no longer impossible to find due to high spawn radius.

Lots of players love it simply because they make so much money from it almost risk free.

It would be a better system if they just copied the presence circles from PBs on the open world. Have a ship in the circle in front of the port? Hostility goes up. Defender chases the ship out? Hostility goes down.

Edited by Quineloe
  • Like 1