Game-Labs Forum

monk33y

2 minutes ago, Peter Goldman said:

Players with higher ping will see later the enemy action. Action is shown instantly. As I got low ping, I see people change in last second to attack, so I can change to defend in last second. Players with high ping are not able to do it and for them, last second actions will be harder, more laggy, more delayed maybe.

1 minute ago, Intrepido said:

The last second is too important for a successful defense or attack.

Hmm, I was sure it was only shown after the last second passed, no matter the time you press the button during that last second...

Edited by Jon Snow lets go

Cayo del Anclote Spain (Attacker) against Great Britain (Defender) - 2400BR Port

Client2017-11-0622-35-03-961.jpg

Spain was very nasty here, initially Belamy was the last who made it in (and soon lost connection)as Spain had some first rates sitting on the dock, tagging people and actually being able to get them inside a battle. So the battle started as 11 v 7, but the people who joined later sacrificed their ships in the outside battle to be able to join the port battle.

Edward Teeach bought a Cerberus with medium cannons from the NPC and hunted down the mortar brig, sitting on the north side of the port trying to destroy towers. I kept two spanish Wasa's busy at B (South side) until I got support from two incoming british wasa's. Interesting fact: the C circle is located to the west, straight out of the port, and not north, where spain joined.

Edited by Batman

1 minute ago, Peter Goldman said:

1dxet4.jpg

It's not all ping based, but ping is an important factor in boarding and you can't deny that.

Nah.  If you're dependent on last second attacks, you're shit at boarding.  It's all about making your opponent use up their prep and knowing when to risk yours.  Ping is a crutch for those who don't understand how it works.  I was just as good at 180 ping as I was with 80.  

100q2a.jpg

11 minutes ago, Peter Goldman said:

I'm at 30 ping and I often see what enemy does in "last second" let me make an actually clear decision rather than guessing and playing a mind game.

Go and tell all FPS players that actually ping is not important factor, it's all based on skill, right.

This game isn't a twitch FPS game.  Don't be dumb sruPie, you know the difference.  If you're waiting until the last second of boarding to be the definitive way to beat your opponent, you're doing it wrong.  

Anyway arguing further in this thread is stupid.  Enjoy mediocre boarding :-)

Edited by Christendom

8 hours ago, Batman said:

I kept two spanish Wasa's busy at B (South side) until I got support from two incoming british wasa's

Well played all.

The new mechanic for the circles is quite a change, indeed, a defending Hermion can happily manouver inside & outside circle, and keep the point count off for a very long while unless enemy brings enough ships to remove it from the zone. Which means that the attacker reduce its offensive fleet so to capture one circle. Do the same for 3 circles and defender can outnumber attacker in fighting zones. 

So in small scale Deep water PB's, where ship numbers are very limited, the choice & entering position of ships is becoming absolutely crucial.

The ongoing testing will tell, but it looks like this new feature increases the attacker difficulty.  

Swedes vs France @ Port de Paix

Swedish win, French did not have a full fleet, nevertheless thanks for turning up anyway. o7

67CCE7F5818AFCC71157587EE45A8626831C5AB3

Outside, our Screening was tagged by Danish BF clan, Danish victory, well played BF! o7

8SkjTnK.jpg

A mixed result for the Swedes today.

17 minutes ago, Celtiberofrog said:

Thank you all for this very tough fight, including the bunch of screening Brits who managed to kept some of us out of the P

Well you must have had some more guys ready on the docks, by the looks of it:P

8 hours ago, Batman said:

Well you must have had some more guys ready on the docks, by the looks of it:P

Indeed, we were fortunate enough to get 5 players available, while some caught into the screen trap sacrificed their ship to get in too. So the battle start was quite tense since the wind was blowing against us as well ! 

Busy day for the Swedes, thats how we like it. ^^

Portbattle Sweden vs Russia @ Cap Francais

Commanders:
Sweden: redii, Havelock and sveno
Russia: Babay

Result: Russian Victory

967C86231940FEE74F74A878708E31590D6D6C86

A very brutal and long portbattle. Until short to the end the Swedes had a chance for a win, but the Russians played very well and won the defensive PB. With 30 minutes more it might have been a Swedish victory. GG WP o7 Russians.

Around this Portbattle there were also 3 screening/OW battles with the RUBLI/PodW clan on the Russian side of things and the Danes on the Swedish side. Well played RUBLI/PodW, thanks for the help Danes. o7

Swedish PoV by @rediii, not full PB as he had to Change to Grand Anse after being sunk.

Russian PoV by @BABAY, full length PB.

Portbattle France vs Sweden @ Grand Anse

Commanders:
Sweden: redii
France: Louis (?)

Result: Swedish Victory

94F22D579F47CBD17CF9A54C6275B7FB58AE691D

Swedes starting with only a handfull ships at the beginning, because most captains were still fighting in Cap Francais. We sent our sunk guys ASAP to Grand Anse and made a clear victory possible. GG and good sportsmanship French. o7

Swedish PoV by @rediii.

Portbattle Dutch vs Sweden @ La Blancilla

Commanders:
Sweden: Tac
Dutch: Pathfinder

Result: Swedish Victory

F6D9AFA889B95F1E6B6D640DCBC7F6DB14632420

Dutch went for points, the Swedish for kills. GG Dutch, thanks for the fight! o7

Portbattle Pirates vs Sweden @ Nassau

Too many portbattles, so we had 4 guys vs 14 pirates, result: pirates won.

The planned additional portbattles Russia vs Swedes @ Grand Turk and Preussia vs Swedes @ Kemps Bay the Swedes were able to deflect by attacking the hostility fleets yesterday. 5 attacks by 5 countries, lol really, made our day ^^.

Toll, Tally and Splinters:

Swedes lost 13 ships in the 3 main PBs for 37 kills.
Out of 6 hostility raises, the Swedes won 4 and lost 2.
Swedes fielded about 35 captains, the Enemies with 73 captains in PBs not counting screening.

Edit: added videos.

Edited by sveno
  • Like 9

3 hours ago, Graf Bernadotte said:

I count 23 Russian captains.There is no alliance with other nations which fought you at the same time. Only the swerg can fill up 2 PBs at the same time. 

If France would get their act together and start working properly with EdR they could do the same.

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

You can also help EdR against sweden for their homeland, arent you so good friends?

If we would have the numbers, but as long as we have to deal with Spain in Louisiana, Florida, Yucatan and South Cuba there is not much else we can do.

You may think different, but Britain has lost quite some players ;)

4 hours ago, Graf Bernadotte said:

Then two Swedish captains escaped the batte to rescue their Bucentaures.

My left armor was down to 20% and i lost my backmast what brought my sails to 44%.

With my repair on cooldown for around 8 minutes and 3 of your L´oceans running in my direction i took the opportunity and left the battle to join the PB at Grand Anse.

After you cut my way off and i was in the middle of 7 russian captains i already thought im done, but somehow i survived ^^

I should believe more in Odin and Thor :D