Jump to content
Game-Labs Forum

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Celtiberofrog said:

Hello there,

Rediii showed in that link a figure about his clan wealth (about 105 000 000 gold)

2 remarks about it:

==> His clan could play much more nasty and control MANY ports with such ressources and efficiency. But they do not.

==> The current economic system does work favorably for large population & well organized clans.

1 suggestion:

==> in order to resist against powerfull clans (or Faction), clan alliance system from different Factions should be implemented asap. Then territories could be better defended in case the powerfull side would become really nasty (as we witnessed it in the past). 

To defend Road Town Sweden has to keep a full PB fleet permanently in the port. Costs are around 75 millions for 25 1. Rates with Cartahena and 25 millions for ship slots occupied by this fleet. To defend Road Town they have to pay 100 millions, which are useless for other territories. Danemark-Norge has about 50 conquerable ports. A maintenance of 90.000 per port and day costs around 31 millions a week. If we count another 200 ports of their other enemies France, USA, Pirates and Spaniards and Brits, costs of maintenance are around 157 millions a week. Conquering those ports would reqiure at least 6 additional PB fleets with additional costsonly for 3 more 1. Rate fleets of 300 millions.

To defeat it's enemies by taking all of their ports is no option Sweden can finance. That's why a strategy of fallback without giving them a battle of decision will most likely lead to exhaustion of Swedish power.

Swedish opponents can easily set 3 PBs a day without showing up, if they coordinate themselves. This will occupy the time most of Swedish RvR players are able to spend for the game each day, even if they have their ships already in the port which is under attack. And if we remember how the US undermined the morale of Danish RvR players in the night flips, the time Swedes would have to waste in such PBs could easily be extended if their enemies would show up in fast frigates to slow down the counter for the points to win the battle.

You face a bad time, if you give the decision of action in the hands of your enemy. 

Edited by Graf Bernadotte

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, DreamMaker said:

I hope someone will be useful to my thoughts...

1-st ty Swedish for good fight! I dont want to belittle the merits of the Swedes, they did it(fight) very good,  but at the same time I see the reasons for the defeat in the actions of Danish players:  a number of mistakes, or more correctlymany players with individual game styles, it was not squadron... Partly this is the reason why Danish will change.  These changes began  before RT PB,  even before  swedish take Cartaghena.  I'm grateful to the Swedes for what they have given us what the Danes have not had for more than a year -  a worthy opponentI believe that this Swedish threat was necessary for the Danes to understand own weaknesses.  However, I hope that this threat will continue for some time,  if this is so, Sweden will soon get a worthy opponent too, i belive it, i know it and I will do my best to realize this.  It's no secret that this opponent will no longer be Denmark, weakened by light battles.  Denmark transformed into a democratic republic, it is no longer combat-ready,  Her best sons either left the caribbean for a long time or were forced to change the flag. Times when Danish sailors were feared and respected for the quality of the battle and not for the quantity ended. However, recent changes in Europe  will undoubtedly affect the Caribbean.  I dare just hope that the Swedes will remain strong enough to withstand the new threat...

Cheers,

Officer of the Russian United Sailors,
a servant of His Majesty Alexander 1
DreamMaker.

All hail the Tzar!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Graf Bernadotte said:

To defend Road Town Sweden has to keep a full PB fleet permanently in the port. Costs are around 75 millions for 25 1. Rates with Cartahena and 25 millions for ship slots occupied by this fleet. To defend Road Town they have to pay 100 millions, which are useless for other territories. Danemark-Norge has about 50 conquerable ports. A maintenance of 90.000 per port and day costs around 31 millions a week. If we count another 200 ports of their other enemies France, USA, Pirates and Spaniards and Brits, costs of maintenance are around 157 millions a week. Conquering those ports would reqiure at least 6 additional PB fleets with additional costsonly for 3 more 1. Rate fleets of 300 millions.

To defeat it's enemies by taking all of their ports is no option Sweden can finance. That's why a strategy of fallback without giving them a battle of decision will most likely lead to exhaustion of Swedish power.

Why do we need a 1st rate fleet in road town? Its 10 min sail from gustavia. Thats the homefleet dude.

Except of that, we have no need to take every port of our enemies and we already dropped some to neutral.

But anyway, Lets say HRE alone has maybe 400 million on gold (on players and cwh) its only HRE. You know that sweden is working together and there are many more clans so we have no problem in holding ports that dont generate profit. Actually we are still on a weekly + of around 30 million I think if you look at qw's nice statistics.

Also a fallback strategy will lead to boredom of both sides. Which side does get out of that better, a nation with a strong unity which has fun playing together or some nations that barely have any unity?

But anyway, its all not relevant as long as population isnt increasing. Pre release its only a matter of holding a fleet together until release is there and building a strong core of a nation/clan.

Right now clans and nations win with stability until NA is developed further and numbers increase again and a big winner here is HRE and Sweden in my oppinion.

Anyway, better let anolytic do the grand strategy. Your forecast that sweden will fall and what sweden does is a mistake etc. isnt true for months now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Graf Bernadotte said:

To defend Road Town Sweden has to keep a full PB fleet permanently in the port. Costs are around 75 millions for 25 1. Rates with Cartahena and 25 millions for ship slots occupied by this fleet. To defend Road Town they have to pay 100 millions, which are useless for other territories. Danemark-Norge has about 50 conquerable ports. A maintenance of 90.000 per port and day costs around 31 millions a week. If we count another 200 ports of their other enemies France, USA, Pirates and Spaniards and Brits, costs of maintenance are around 157 millions a week. Conquering those ports would reqiure at least 6 additional PB fleets with additional costsonly for 3 more 1. Rate fleets of 300 millions.

To defeat it's enemies by taking all of their ports is no option Sweden can finance. That's why a strategy of fallback without giving them a battle of decision will most likely lead to exhaustion of Swedish power.

The upcoming ship tow option might change those costs as fleet deployment will result much easier.

the fact remains, how could we better fight back against a large & powerfull clan/faction ? one issue could be nationless clan alliances system. where coalitions could setup several PB's upon a threatening power.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, rediii said:

Why do we need a 1st rate fleet in road town? Its 10 min sail from gustavia. Thats the homefleet dude.

Except of that, we have no need to take every port of our enemies and we already dropped some to neutral.

But anyway, Lets say HRE alone has maybe 400 million on gold (on players and cwh) its only HRE. You know that sweden is working together and there are many more clans so we have no problem in holding ports that dont generate profit. Actually we are still on a weekly + of around 30 million I think if you look at qw's nice statistics.

Also a fallback strategy will lead to boredom of both sides. Which side does get out of that better, a nation with a strong unity which has fun playing together or some nations that barely have any unity?

But anyway, its all not relevant as long as population isnt increasing. Pre release its only a matter of holding a fleet together until release is there and building a strong core of a nation/clan.

Right now clans and nations win with stability until NA is developed further and numbers increase again and a big winner here is HRE and Sweden in my oppinion.

Anyway, better let anolytic do the grand strategy. Your forecast that sweden will fall and what sweden does is a mistake etc. isnt true for months now.

What do you do if the French flip a 1. Rate port in the south of your core territory at the same time? At least it doubles the time you have to spend for defending.

Not to drop them to neutral but to abandon them after you have conquered them is the only option to keep your territory in a size you can control. That enables you to fight hostility grinding efficiently and you keep control about your action.

But in the case of Road Town such a move would look like a defeat now. Do you have the balls to confess that you were wrong? :D

A fallback strategy will lead to boredom only in the Swedish nation, since the other nations have the option to make RvR with equal opponents.

Finally you confirm my forecast. The only hope Sweden has is that its enemies play worse than themselves. Then nothing bad will happen to you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Graf Bernadotte said:

What do you do if the French flip a 1. Rate port in the south of your core territory at the same time? At least it doubles the time you have to spend for defending.

Not to drop them to neutral but to abandon them after you have conquered them is the only option to keep your territory in a size you can control. That enables you to fight hostility grinding efficiently and you keep control about your action.

But in the case of Road Town such a move would look like a defeat now. Do you have the balls to confess that you were wrong? :D

A fallback strategy will lead to boredom only in the Swedish nation, since the other nations have the option to make RvR with equal opponents.

Finally you confirm my forecast. The only hope Sweden has is that its enemies play worse than themselves. Then nothing bad will happen to you.

1. we cant defend 2 portbattles at the same time for weeks now. Im still in disbelief that nations rather surrender than fighting a common enemy

2. This and also we dont want some ports. Its just for the battld

3. I dont think we drop road town since its guarenteeing a mapwin right now. If it didnt happen already ai would make it available for all tho

4. Well no problem we just take important ports anyway, if you dont want to defend then thanks for all the nice upgrades

5. You basically describe how everyone in history won against someone else. So yes, as long as we play better than our enemies we will win lol. :D Wasnt that why the danish fleet was strong too? Becajse you played better than other fleets? xD Sorry bernadotte but I think this comment is hilarious ^^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Celtiberofrog said:

The upcoming ship tow option might change those costs as fleet deployment will result much easier.

the fact remains, how could we better fight back against a large & powerfull clan/faction ? one issue could be nationless clan alliances system. where coalitions could setup several PB's upon a threatening power.

The tow option will not allow tactical relocations in a short time. It doesn't help against attacks on different fronts.

I agree that the imbalance is a result of removing alliances. The much hated two blocks of nations caused portbattles where the best players of multiple nations could fight each other and had fun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Graf Bernadotte said:

The tow option will not allow tactical relocations in a short time. It doesn't help against attacks on different fronts.

I agree that the imbalance is a result of removing alliances. The much hated two blocks of nations caused portbattles where the best players of multiple nations could fight each other and had fun.

But that was also the problem of the system. You needed to put only good players into the PB to win it. After the rrmoval nations finally fielded own fleets again before that every battle was mixed except in spain

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, rediii said:

1. we cant defend 2 portbattles at the same time for weeks now. Im still in disbelief that nations rather surrender than fighting a common enemy

2. This and also we dont want some ports. Its just for the battld

3. I dont think we drop road town since its guarenteeing a mapwin right now. If it didnt happen already ai would make it available for all tho

4. Well no problem we just take important ports anyway, if you dont want to defend then thanks for all the nice upgrades

5. You basically describe how everyone in history won against someone else. So yes, as long as we play better than our enemies we will win lol. :D Wasnt that why the danish fleet was strong too? Becajse you played better than other fleets? xD Sorry bernadotte but I think this comment is hilarious ^^

I'm pretty fine with this decision. Since I will probably be part of your enemies after the next patch as well. Good to hear that you will continue with your mistakes. :D That gives us time to establish.

Edited by Graf Bernadotte

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Graf Bernadotte said:

I'm pretty fine with this decision. Since I will probably be part of your enemies after the next patch as well. Good to hear that you will continue with your mistakes. :D

 

5 minutes ago, rediii said:

But that was also the problem of the system. You needed to put only good players into the PB to win it. After the rrmoval nations finally fielded own fleets again before that every battle was mixed except in spain

A 3 nation alliance of small countries against Sweden would have a propper chance to win. A guerilla tactic would not be necessary then. All sides would face a challenge, if they entered a PB.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Graf Bernadotte said:

 

A 3 nation alliance of small countries against Sweden would have a propper chance to win. A guerilla tactic would not be necessary then. All sides would face a challenge, if they entered a PB.

Our mistakes over the last months made us nation #1 in portbattles and on mapwin table. So no problem, feel free to establish. Btw. your guys still build liveoak ships, is that intended?

Well clanalliances come ... maybe :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, rediii said:

Our mistakes over the last months made us nation #1 in portbattles and on mapwin table. So no problem, feel free to establish. Btw. your guys still build liveoak ships, is that intended?

Well clanalliances come ... maybe :)

 

Sweden got all those additional players right after the big wipe in spring.  They joined because of the Swedish performance during the Eastern Alliance. RUS likes heavy ships. They always did. Maybe they change their mind. I liked my Fir-Bermuda Prince the last time. I think I didn't perform bad with that ship.

Edited by Graf Bernadotte

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Graf Bernadotte said:

Sweden got all those additional players right after the big wipe in spring.  They joined because of the Swedish performance during the Eastern Alliance. RUS likes heavy ships. They always did. Maybe they change their mind. I liked my Fir-Bermuda Prince the last time. I think I didn't perform bad with that ship.

And we created a united community which has fun playing together with them.

 

Im talking about pirates or are you still dane? boarded a lo wo ship yesterday

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, rediii said:

And we created a united community which has fun playing together with them.

 

Im talking about pirates or are you still dane? boarded a lo wo ship yesterday

No I'm pirate right now. But soon RDNN will join Russia.

I don't think that everything is bad in Sweden. 

Edited by Graf Bernadotte

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They joined because of the Swedish performance during the Eastern Alliance.

so pathetic

how do u wanna know why ppl joined sweden after the wipe?!

S0S joined Sweden cause i took a look at HRE and KINGS and their talkings and argumentation in this forum. after 2 weeks i decided to join sweden. at this time i had no idea about the swedish history at PvP1 - i dont have to add that i give a shit about gaming history...

 

plz bernadotte, u already replaced LV as the Forum Clown. nearly everyone is laughing about u. maybe start to act as smart as u say u are and stop talking about things u have no hello kittyin idea about - but ya, u will continue...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, troody said:

 

so pathetic

how do u wanna know why ppl joined sweden after the wipe?!

S0S joined Sweden cause i took a look at HRE and KINGS and their talkings and argumentation in this forum. after 2 weeks i decided to join sweden. at this time i had no idea about the swedish history at PvP1 - i dont have to add that i give a shit about gaming history...

 

plz bernadotte, u already replaced LV as the Forum Clown. nearly everyone is laughing about u. maybe start to act as smart as u say u are and stop talking about things u have no hello kittyin idea about - but ya, u will continue...

I didn't count your clan as an addition for Sweden. Sorry, that I didn't point that out.

Edited by Graf Bernadotte

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Aegir said:

Nonetheless, if it's true that each and every other nation has become incapable, then you've still got to admire them for not degenerating in the same manner as everyone else. Hence why it's more about being good at maintaining spirit within the nation, unity, having fun and whatnot

Yeah, agreed.

3 hours ago, Aegir said:

not so much about professing to be "l33t PvP3rz!" á la SORRY.

They remind me of this and SORRY in general quite a bit to be honest... maybe that's just me?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jœrnson said:

Unfollowing this thread now as it gets annoying. Maybe you guys can continue this conversation by private message.

[question] How do you know a Sverige is telling a lie?

[answer] his lips are moving...!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, monk33y said:

[question] How do you know a Sverige is telling a lie?

[answer] his lips are moving...!

plot twist: you dont see us moving our lips. We communicate trough farts and burps

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, rediii said:

plot twist: you dont see us moving our lips. We communicate trough farts and burps

Who gave you the pirate secret communication document? 

Edited by monk33y

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, monk33y said:

Who gave you the pirate secret communication document? 

Instead of the Enigma it's called the Enema.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Landsman said:

They remind me of this and SORRY in general quite a bit to be honest... maybe that's just me?

Might have to be part of it to realize that they're nothing alike.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×