Game-Labs Forum

monk33y

20171101225713_1.thumb.jpg.45295126367f70e244de220105dfb6b9.jpg

Portbattle at Camp du Roy. Frenchies brought heavy BR we couldnt fight, so we just kited and chained them, took the circles and thats it.

Hope the Frenchies bring more players in smaller ships the next Portbattle so we get an actual fight.

PS: You dont need to screen with around 20 1st rates? for a 1700 BR Portbattle.

Cheers

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, DesMoines said:

i m sorry ...i don t understand.... We had brought Heavy BR??? you can have the same?? wait....mmmmm 1400 Br you had vs 1700 Oo (very very very Heavy BR.. XD). You run all the game. It was very boring and not fair (Sveno do some post with French attitude when we do empty PB). You say us ==> Mechanic authorize player to do that. I m ok. Now i will say you, Mechanic authorize empty PB. Thx to you to give me the thruth. GL HF!!!

Just bring an equal fleet and we will have a nice fight. If the fleets were the other way around you would (should) have played the same way and would win with that too.

Sure you want us to engage you, because thats how you would have get an easy win.

We kited you in that Portbattle, maybe next time bring ships we cant kite so easy.

your average BR per ship was at 211,25 ours was at 106,25 and you wonder why we didnt want to brawl....

The fleetcomposition defines the strategy in the portbattle.

When will you learn. When the Sverige nation wins they win, when they loose they still win...

You can't abuse the game against them but they can against you... Basically we all must play to the bs rules set by the sweeds...  

If the battle was reversed the sweeds would be crying exploit.... 

Basically now is a game about kiting to win... We'll done Devs you broke port battles.... 

Edited by monk33y
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, monk33y said:

When will you learn. When the Sverige nation wins they win, when they loose they still win...

You can't abuse the game against them but they can against you... Basically we all must play to the bs rules set by the sweeds...  

• Like 1

I like the pure hypocrisy of the French players here. If the roles had been reversed, you would have sailed Rattlesnakes into Wasas and just get sunk? @DesMoines post clearly and prove it in the game: You would sail a light ship into the broadside of a heavy ship and just get sunk because that's "the honorable thing" to do or whatever.

11 minutes ago, monk33y said:

If the battle was reversed the sweeds would be crying exploit.... 

Basically now is a game about kiting to win... We'll done Devs you broke port battles.... 

Actually when we lost last week in TdB due to circles instead of fighting, we blamed ourselves for bad play. It's in this very thread. This is why we are the better players than you are. We find fault within ourselves and improve. You *always* blame others.

Fortunately for you, being bad at video games is not really that big a deal in the real world. Unless, video games is all you have...

1 minute ago, Quineloe said:

I like the pure hypocrisy of the French players here. If the roles had been reversed, you would have sailed Rattlesnakes into Wasas and just get sunk? @DesMoines post clearly and prove it in the game: You would sail a light ship into the broadside of a heavy ship and just get sunk because that's "the honorable thing" to do or whatever.

If you had this done against you all I'd see on this forum is boycott boycott boycott.....

invalid claim disproven with counterexamples by incompetent third rate player. Nothing else.

The best part here is how much REDS are whining when we can see on the video that they were actually losing the combat part of the battle as well and the 1000 points saved them a lot of ships .

Edited by Quineloe

6 minutes ago, Quineloe said:

invalid claim disproven with counterexamples by incompetent third rate player. Nothing else.

The best part here is how much REDS are whining when we can see on the video that they were actually losing the combat part of the battle as well and the 1000 points saved them a lot of ships .

Lol which reds members are whining or complaining??? Oh you mean just me.... Look below land you see why I have an issue with your nations actions!

You guys are exploiting the current br system. That's plain and simple...

Edited by monk33y

Which port did we exploit again?

We brought ships we expected to match the French ships in CdR. We did not expect them to bring just one group of heavy ships, and nowhere did they announce that. We decided not to lose just because of that. Not an exploit. If they had brought 10 of their fir raceboat gank ships, they would have easily won. But they didn't. They thought we'd sail into a Bucentaure's broadsides in 6th rates one by one so he can rack up 10 kills. Sure, dream on.

Grand Turk was won by fighting. That guy shitposting here earlier was already in the esc menu spam clicking leave battle at 990 because he'd been zeroed on structure, Anolytic was five minutes away from being eaten and a firesnow had just taken out the masts of three ships.

Santa Marta was not even won in the PB, it was won by screening - exactly as predicted two days ago that small BR fleets will simply get screened away by larger fleets. And if you claim you wouldn't screen away a PB fleet with a stronger fleet if you had the option, you'd be a hypocrite

Are you even doing PBs? Are you just white knighting against sweden, like that other noob is? But yeah, given the most vocal salt spewer last night on global managed to lose a 5vs1  (1035  BR vs 250 BR) just last night, he probably needs all the white knighting he can get.

The mechanics are blind and do not discriminate the humans, whether newbies or pros. Let's divert from discussing the players to discussing the battle options.

Question: Do both sides of a PB have the chance to setup a order of battle to counter the deployment of schooner/brig squadrons ?

7 minutes ago, The Red Duke said:

The mechanics are blind and do not discriminate the humans, whether newbies or pros. Let's divert from discussing the players to discussing the battle options.

I thought this was national news, shitposting area and therefore it is always about the players in this thread, and the battle options talks are in the feedback threads posted by admin?

Question: Do both sides of a PB have the chance to setup a order of battle to counter the deployment of schooner/brig squadrons ?

If you have a hundred players to form different battle groups, yes. It's rock paper scissors. Rock being heavy warships, Scissors being fir / fir raceboat warships and paper being swarms of small ships.

Heavy warships simply take the circles and force the fir fir warships out. Since the fir fir have no number advantage, they can't capture the other circles. (Rock smashes Scissors)

Fir Fir Raceboats just run down and sink the unrated swarm ships (scissors cuts paper)

swarm ships just kite the slow and few warships, winning on circles because the few ships can't split up to take multiple ones, as few warships lose to a swarm.  (paper caps circles from rock)

So you need to bring three different PB groups and based on what the enemy is sending to defend the port, you either send your rocks, your scissors or your paper in.

That is what it takes to counter unrated swarms.

Edited by Quineloe
  • Like 1

Welcome back Duke

Once your on the pb the other nation has until the timer runs out to change there fleet set up.

We need a port defined minimum battle fleet set up.

Eg at least three first rates etc per side. 

I'm sorry but taking only shallow water ships into a 3k, line ship port battle is exploiting the current br system.

Edited by monk33y
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, rediii said:

we actually give more people content by bringing more ships into the battle man.

hello kittying troll

So if I dis-agree with the way you play the game you're response is to launch personal attacks on me. And yet if you disagree with me I'm forbidden from saying anything charming.. 

• Like 1