Game-Labs Forum

The pouting in here is absolutely unreal.

Some of the posters should not ever call themselves "competitive".

Waaah waaah you won one battle against us, we'll never fight you again!

And just by the way, ya'll should know better than to argue with a one week old troll account.

Edited by Quineloe

7 minutes ago, Quineloe said:

It's not whining that Swedes are too good. It's just not fun if you don't have a competitive team on your side. Fighting with an enemy that's outclassing you. Too much time consuming and stresful for the commander too. It's like FC Barcelona playing with national Monaco football team and winning 10-0. The difference is that Monaco team is getting paid for that and we are supposed to do it for fun lol.

Edited by Peter Goldman

I switched nations not for RvR, but to stop listening to all whining and flaming people. In pirate nation one is not obligated to go help there, defend that. If you want a help, you need to ask other clans politely and even then help is not guaranted. Also, I've got outlaw battles, so if someone is flaming me, I can deal with him in battle till he's silent. There is also more risk involved in pirate nation with outlaw mechanic, better think twice before you say something stupid in chat and be careful, because it's not safe anywhere. Last point - many Brits on server = more PvP.

Edited by Peter Goldman

37 minutes ago, Liq said:

tbh I dont even know why you treat me like im that much different ^^ in Port battles its much more about general decisions e.g. in what direction the fleet should be directed etc... And its not like im invincible, lose some / win some...

You are a very good PvP player, everyone knows that, even i do.

Should quote Landsman :)

1 hour ago, Landsman said:

Well now that you have cartagena and even Liquicity joined the winner team there may be a few more "close" ones but then nobody will bother anymore... You have cartagena and swedish carpenters + the most organised RvR players and Liquicity now... R.I.P balance

You can only blame yourselves, why do you attend their PB's? You know very well by now that they don't care about map win or all those ports, they just want to smash people in PB's. They come with those fine words and compliments "good battle", "you are getting better", just to make you come again and again to smash you. They feed their ego and you go home in a cutter.

Have fun in OW pvp and let RVR to them.

33 minutes ago, Cabral said:

They feed their ego and you go home in a cutter.

This is what i am thinking. I wasn't actually there because i knew very well how it would end. They are like a professional football team that keeps challenging a bunch of random dudes that only play for fun and then acts like they've accomplished something after they got their easy win so they can feed their ego. It's funny and depressing at the same time. 

I might switch to swedes and stick to OW PvP and when the whole map is blue soon and they killed RvR i can at least teleport everywhere. :lol:

Nobody can reasonably blame Swedes for looking for fights all over the map. Being well organised is not a sin. Of course they would have a better chance by letting other factions build their fleets by training between themselves. It takes more time to build fleets when more people speak different languages than speak the same, and when most haven't played together before. But on the other hand, what are Swedes to do in the meantime? 

It used to be there were always 3 or 4 solid RvR forces on the server that could keep each other busy while the rest of the nations either rebuilt or tried to catch up. The problem arises now in large part from the fact that as the population of the server has dwindled, something every nation has felt, devs have at the same time introduced mechanics which has vastly increased emphasis on preparation and having full 25 man fleets. This has forced the RvR-players who have felt the struggle to always have a 25-man fleet at the ready to converge into a few factions. The old fleets from Dutch, US and partially brits have all converged in Sweden. Of course it is no surprise there are less opportunities to fight.

Attacking becoming exponentially more difficult than defending, battles being decided by positioning and coincidences of wind, rather than ships sinking, and all of this being preceeded by often destructively boring grinding also meant that many RvR-players simply left.

1 hour ago, Quineloe said:

And just by the way, ya'll should know better than to argue with a one week old troll account.

1 hour ago, Quineloe said:

Didn't you just switch nations to fix exactly that? How'd that work out?

Aren't you the troll here? Or just not very bright? Also what Goldman said... two equal teams make a good match and not one team rolling all other teams... stop being ignorant / retarded please...

10 minutes ago, Anolytic said:

It used to be there were always 3 or 4 solid RvR forces on the server that could keep each other busy while the rest of the nations either rebuilt or tried to catch up. The problem arises now in large part from the fact that as the population of the server has dwindled, something every nation has felt, devs have at the same time introduced mechanics which has vastly increased emphasis on preparation and having full 25 man fleets. This has forced the RvR-players who have felt the struggle to always have a 25-man fleet at the ready to converge into a few factions. The old fleets from Dutch, US and partially brits have all converged in Sweden. Of course it is no surprise there are less opportunities to fight.

Attacking becoming exponentially more difficult than defending, battles being decided by positioning and coincidences of wind, rather than ships sinking, and all of this being preceeded by often destructively boring grinding also meant that many RvR-players simply left.

Pretty much this. Thanks for adding it. All im saying is RvR is not really worth it / alive anymore because only swedes still care and stroke their epeens about it and i find that sad. THAT is all i wanted to say...

lol what's going on? :D

I keep it "short". There are so many comments to comment on.

1. We don't seek to destroy nations or something. We want to have fun too and actually we also aim to entertain our guys with giving them portbattles.

2. Yes we have a pretty good portbattleteam. But you also see new guys each portbattle which take part. Sometimes you see me pretty much facepalming inside the video because someone doesnt manual sail and stuff like this. But the more experienced guys make up for that. However, you can't blame us for that. Since start of the wipe in march we actively searched for projects and goals to keep the swedish playerbase entertained. We actually did something atleast every week. These "small" goals and targets we set ourselves and the swedish community actually help to keep it alive. All the training in pvp was a nice effect it had on it aswell ofcourse.

But I also wouldn't say we are exceptionally good inside the portbattles (compared to old times west vs eastalliance for example). It's more that we built our ships in the meta way right from the beginning. We started to build the first portbattlefleet in march the same way we do it now and still many people think and build liveoak whiteoak ships because they think they are actually good. It's the same with shallow ships. Most build them wrong and that's why they lose. Pirates showed that today in the portbattle. They had the right ships for the job, I bet sweden will pretty soon lose either against the french or against the pirates in a portbattle.

3. From my experience the best way of organizing is simply telling your people/clans/nation to just meet up at a certain time every evening. You need some people who command/lead the guys that show up and then you simply do something together. Since the war in guadeloupe we just tell people to be there at a certain time and then we do something together. Hostility or the PB itself is going allways the same way.

How to organize the pb? It's getting simpler and simpler each portbattle to be honest because its mostly the same guys. But still we allways tell a few sentences to everyone.

- We tell how to get into the portbattle

- We tell to stay upwind if a brawl breaks out

- We tell to say something if you are in trouble

- We tell to repair early when you get damaged

- We tell to focus down targes and call out ships that are low

(And also everyone whos talking bullshit while the portbattle is going on will feel it pretty fast by people raging about him in the portbattle. :D

And probably some more. Also I made this checklist ages ago when it wasn't a routine for most of the guys already:

https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1BgoBiTZbMhLx9izCe8skuskudvoBiSARytLG2wsVMm4/edit

Organizational effort etc. became nearly nothing because we also split it right now. For example the last portbattles I joined TS 30 minutes before portbattle. Got invited to group, sailed out and we just looked how the wind will be. Told people what to watch out for and thats it. There is way less planning involved than most of you guys think. In my oppinion fleetcommanders should just react on the situation and not plan it hours ahead. Plans won't work like that anyway.

4. From my knowledge dutch joined us with a large group (PFK and CABAL and many single players) and brits (SOS) but that's it?

You also can't blame liquicity for joining sweden when he wants to get into RvR again since OW pvp got pretty hard to find. Looking at the battles and wars I would do the same from a mostly RvR-Player standpoint of searching for a well organized - not bitching in teamspeak - fleet.

Someone said we realy want to win because we have battlecomms in portbattle...? Yea winning is fun. Winning with good comms in teamspeak is even more fun. Even tho I liked to sail with RUS or spain in the old west vs east war from a fighting standpoint I didn't enjoyed teamspeak at all ... to a point where I just didnt want to sail with them anymore. I realy enjoy the swedish way right now with being focused around the battle. I don't understand what's wrong with that instead of bitching against eachother because someone rammed someone else etc.

5. You wanna build up a nation? Start a youtube account. I think it helps aswell if you show other people how your battles go and how you have fun inside the game etc.

Anyway. We will not stop playing because we are actually on a winning streak. Come and beat us - the moment you do it will feel awesome and so rewarding. :) 

Also: @Jon Snow lets go stop showing everyone my imba wasa. :D But it was actually realy the ship I used there and I was suprised how well even the 24 medium guns did. I have 2 good portbattleships with dropped cartagena upgrades atm. I actually mean it when I say on other parts of the forum that upgrades don't matter that much.

@Liq shame on you for not saving me! :P

21 minutes ago, rediii said:

Maybe @Liq made one?

Nope - but the battle indeed was pretty close, turned into several little skirmishes. Next time i'll record anyway so I can rewatch it and learn^^

6 hours ago, White Squal said:

Let's talk about cowards. Fight a week ago. My post in their forum is delete, so put it here.

1.png.ec8776bb96897771bb61ecc08f09d18e.png

2.thumb.png.46e1aa1b828c927fd1fd015f223ae64f.png

20171001005421_1.thumb.jpg.b3a6031ae01f6bfd7989cf74f8d58390.jpg

Since you spam it in every forum section (he spammed it in AHOY-Global, AHOY-EU twice and now here, he is very desperate to prove something):

I chased you in OW for 15 minutes.

I chased you in battle for 10+ minutes (all he was doing is running and using his stern chasers)

Once I caught you, I fought you and and at some point I decided to board you as I had more crew. I had no boarding mods and you had marines, muskets and other shit. I disanaged from boarding and sailed away.

You didn't want to fight me, I forced you to fight. You were lucky to have all boarding mods, that's the only reason why you survived. Also, I'm not a coward, because I actually was fighting you from the very start. You never wanted to fight, all you did from the start was running.

At the point I knew I can't win this fight without huge risk, I decided to disangage and sail away.

So again... Who was the coward in this fight, me or you?

Can't believe @rediii likes such posts lol.

Edited by Peter Goldman

A little bit off topic, but people joining sweden vor pvp/rvr is exactly the problem.

Or lets say it that way it creates the problem sweden is facing, the server needs 2 pvp/rvr nations and not just one else the one has no one to fight. So maybe people should think about that fact before they change to a already good equipped nation, i dont know how much really active participating members sweden has at the moment, but maybe some clans should band together and join another nation to create the second pvp/rvr nation needed.

Swedes are no better players than Pirates. Even Liquicity wouldn't be able to win a PB by himself. He needed the help of 9 teammates to sink those ships he got an assist on. The difference is that Swedes act as one PB fleet and Pirates act as 24 PB fleets. It could have been 25 PB fleets from the very beginning, but two PB ships which waited outside in the screening fleet never got an invitation to join the PB.

That's why I already sailed home with my Fir Fir Prince when I got the call to return and kill the Mortar Brig. We would have won this battle easily if Pirates would have had one PB fleet as well, and PB players would be organized as a team and not as members of different clans. And Liquicity would have had the chance to watch his teammates sinking instead of killing all those ships he damaged.

Don't blame the Swedes for being organized. Don't demonize them being unbeatable. As soon as we learn our lessons Swedish ability will be disenthralled. Therefore we have to teach how to enter a PB how to built ships, how to sail manual and so on. And we have to teach it again and again and again, since there will always be newbies who join a PB for the first time. If not the Pirate PB fleet would die out very soon.

Edited by Graf Bernadotte

12 minutes ago, Lonar said:

A little bit off topic, but people joining sweden vor pvp/rvr is exactly the problem.

Or lets say it that way it creates the problem sweden is facing, the server needs 2 pvp/rvr nations and not just one else the one has no one to fight. So maybe people should think about that fact before they change to a already good equipped nation, i dont know how much really active participating members sweden has at the moment, but maybe some clans should band together and join another nation to create the second pvp/rvr nation needed.

People who change to the winning team don't search for a challenge but for an easy victory. Current situation gives Swedes the numbers to succeed but not the experience. As soon as other nations players understand that they only need to play smarter Swedish supremacy is history very soon. And as soon as Sweden starts to loose their new members search for a new easy win. Then Sweden will return to its roots as a small well organized nation perfect for players who search for a challenge.

George's Town was my first shallow pb since the wipe.

I forgot how much fun they are.

Thanks swedes for the content and I'm looking forward to the next fight.

8 hours ago, Landsman said:

Aren't you the troll here? Or just not very bright? Also what Goldman said... two equal teams make a good match and not one team rolling all other teams... stop being ignorant / retarded please...

Are you too ashamed to use your real account for this anonymous trolling or can you not log into it anymore because it's banned?

+ignore :)

And just for the record, the US have the #1 RVR player by a biiig margin in their ranks right now, so there.

Spot the difference:

9 hours ago, Cabral said:

You can only blame yourselves, why do you attend their PB's? You know very well by now that they don't care about map win or all those ports, they just want to smash people in PB's. They come with those fine words and compliments "good battle", "you are getting better", just to make you come again and again to smash you. They feed their ego and you go home in a cutter.

8 minutes ago, Stepp636 said:

George's Town was my first shallow pb since the wipe.

I forgot how much fun they are.

Thanks swedes for the content and I'm looking forward to the next fight.

12 hours ago, Landsman said:

Very vaild and well thought out counter argument. Case closed.

he sounds a bit like bernadotte, just a bit more stupid :D

2 hours ago, Lonar said:

You do realize that PFK and SOS joined sweden in march when wipe happaned? Noone of us expected to get so many people after the big wipe. Cabal joined becahse they were swedes once and there is no content anymofe in dutch nation for rvr players

People who actually asked us if they could join sweden were talked to to not do it by us... sometimes in a polite manner and sometimes not

Edited by rediii

21 minutes ago, troody said:

he sounds a bit like bernadotte, just a bit more stupid :D

No reason to be jealous. On this turf nobody beats you. :D

Edited by Graf Bernadotte

So Sweden is just trying to crush any nation with a population....!

Makes sense. I wish the Devs would pull there heads out of there arses and merge the two servers already