Game-Labs Forum

monk33y

411F3B12A47C3AD35778590360480F75ACB974DA

Excellent fight in the reinforcement zone just outside the St. Marys Port Battle. US tagged a Basic Cutter, so we joined in the fun to defend the poor Frenchman in his cutter. WO wouldn't do it, but VCO and XXXXX did! :P

The United States First Rate captain apparently assumed his fellow captains could handle our squadron, and subsequently escaped. It was our pleasure to prove him wrong. 

Masts fell, planks were shattered, leaks were formed. Ships sunk. Several managed to escape from us just before they were sunk. Lucky captains. More would have been sunk, had we had more time in the battle. Despite their best attempts with chainshot, raking, and even some focused fire, our staunch third rates refused to let us down.

Toward the end of the fight, there was some confusion among our friends outside (they had been previously fighting French captains) who joined the wrong side of the fight (in their defense, it was the only side that was open by that time).

Somehow I managed to go through that whole fight and not get any kills on ships. :(  But I was the master of heavy assists! :ph34r:

Overall, good fight US, we enjoyed it very much. o7

#heavyassists    #creatingcontent

• Like 3

7 hours ago, William Death said:

Excellent fight in the reinforcement zone just outside the St. Marys Port Battle. US tagged a Basic Cutter, so we joined in the fun to defend the poor Frenchman in his cutter. WO wouldn't do it, but VCO and XXXXX did! :P

The United States First Rate captain apparently assumed his fellow captains could handle our squadron, and subsequently escaped. It was our pleasure to prove him wrong. 

Masts fell, planks were shattered, leaks were formed. Ships sunk. Several managed to escape from us just before they were sunk. Lucky captains. More would have been sunk, had we had more time in the battle. Despite their best attempts with chainshot, raking, and even some focused fire, our staunch third rates refused to let us down.

Toward the end of the fight, there was some confusion among our friends outside (they had been previously fighting French captains) who joined the wrong side of the fight (in their defense, it was the only side that was open by that time).

Somehow I managed to go through that whole fight and not get any kills on ships. :(  But I was the master of heavy assists! :ph34r:

That is one seriously painful screenshot.

10 hours ago, William Death said:

Wait when did they allow pirates on both sides of battles?  Just asking cause I noticed something like this the other day too.  So while they don't have FFA any more they still can join either side?  Well at least that is one good thing I guess.  Could make some interesting battles than, though I still think they need FFA's back.  Honestly any battles out side the C/R zones should be FFA's battles.

9 minutes ago, Banished Privateer said:

It was like that for a long time, first time noticed by KOTO in the patrol zone.

almost makes me want to go back to pirate, almost...lol

I guess it was there fix for the FFA issues that was being abused by nationals using alts to pull pirates into FFA's (we had a problem with a certain french clan doing this on global).

17 hours ago, William Death said:

It was a good fight. 

There is a video up on YouTube to see.

Why that first rate and third rate bailed out I’ll never know but they need a good talking to...

Tarikan and Storm Crow we’re both nearly sunk a couple times, we just couldn’t get the finish...

Salute!!

Edited by Diceman
Grammar
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Coraline Vodka said:

Link please?

And yeah nearrly wrote them both off but just managed to hang on by the structure

Enjoy...

the talk at the end kind of disturbs me but hey... it is what it is...

Edited by Diceman
More info...

I was worried that I was going to sink and you US guys were trying very hard t9 finish me off.

Thankfully I listened to my comrades and they helped me out with a lot of things, this was the first fight I have ever really done where the enemy outnumbers the side I was on.

I know it must be frustrating to not get a sink on someone but thank you for bringing the fight, it was definitely a learning experience for me on how to manage repairs and team coordination.

8 hours ago, rediii said:

After the invasion of Fajardo by the Dutch fleet and the defense of pasaje, it was known that the Dutch fleet will continue their attacks from their new base in Fajardo.

So the Dutch fleet was blockaded by the numerous allies of Denmark, Sweden. Knowing the Dutch fleet would not be able to break the blockade and attack viques the decision was made to cancel the attack on viques and instead attack the Swedish fleet blockading the harbor. A big battle was again about to begin. (looks more chaotic than it was I guess :D )

GG to the Swedish fleet that fought really well with less BR. :) 

3B6F8F9199B204DA44236D8EBB278278647225BD

When going to the battle of Vieques a Pigeon landed on the Admiral leader's ship !

Rumors of the intelligence pigeon told the Dutch  Admiralty, there was a Golden ship on the water sailing towards the Dutch invasion force to finish the Dutch and Teach it a lesson ...

"There are many salts on the Water" ( the message said)

"The Admiralty (secret orders) gave the call .... "Destroy that ship"

(All the seven Admiraltys send their captains and warships to battle.)

It will go in the Books as the golden battle on the coast of  Fajardo...

"The Golden battle" phrases

"Roronoa "i am mind playing, I am not in a Bellona...

"Reverse" HAHAHA Biel Poulka

No no no no  I am friendly "when the Parrot whispers in the earphone of Reverse"

Palatinose is a magnet for Dutch ships "palatinose" if it were only Dutch ships

what'...o.0  it is Gold... No!! ... It was gold ....that ship.

Edited by Thonys
  • Like 3

On ‎7‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 11:37 PM, rediii said:

After the invasion of fajardo by the dutch fleet and the defence of pasaje it was known that the dutch fleet will continue their attacks from their new base in fajardo.

So the dutch fleet was blockaded by the numerous allies of denmark, sweden. Knowing the dutch fleet would not be able to break the blockade and attack viques the decision was made to cancel the attack on viques and instead attack the swedish fleet blockading the harbour. A big battle was again about to begin. (looks more chaotic than it was I guess :D )

GG to the swedish fleet that fought realy well with less BR. :)  

D1FB45872FDEAA87E09CCB206DC41C01F491B223

So glad to see such a large battle now a day...

Thank you guys to keep the RvR alive and keep your group motivation up !

Let's hope for more events of this type in the central map, where it was meant to occure.

Fair wind all.

• Like 2

On 7/17/2018 at 11:37 PM, rediii said:

After the invasion of fajardo by the dutch fleet and the defence of pasaje it was known that the dutch fleet will continue their attacks from their new base in fajardo.

So the dutch fleet was blockaded by the numerous allies of denmark, sweden. Knowing the dutch fleet would not be able to break the blockade and attack viques the decision was made to cancel the attack on viques and instead attack the swedish fleet blockading the harbour. A big battle was again about to begin. (looks more chaotic than it was I guess :D )

GG to the swedish fleet that fought realy well with less BR. :)  

SWEDEN FLEET FIGHT WELL?

Edited by Lord Vicious

Port Battle of Lorimers and Related Engagements

Pirate Battle Commanders: Christendom, El Presidente Amplify, and William  Death

82FBC108459FA16E7D89347E5B7F257420B947F6

We formed our line and set a course to cut the Prussian line in two. At the last moment, those sneaky Prussians modified their line to be a looser formation. I took heavy damage in the opening shots and had to drop out of the front of the line. We proceeded to chase the Prussians and finally managed to separate and sink a few of them. Multi-ship-single-target focused-fire is a wonderful thing. One poor soul lost an absolutely beautiful Santisima: BEEE8DD8CDF942ADEC0D1FA17958E7692E3314DD

What a shame to see a ship so beautiful sail to a watery grave. Despite a few close calls, none of our large ships were sunk. The battle ended when the Prussians left (I assume to go defend Salina Point). Now if only we'd had long cannons on our bow instead of carronades to tag them with... 

Upon exiting the port battle, we found ourselves in another battle, this time with some French captains from UWS. 

35b98d2c9f685f828700dd2c38589481.png

Their soft Teak/WO and LO/WO ships were no match for our BLACK Ironwood constructed ships. But they were faster than us. One of our faster ships, the beautiful Santisima captained by Amplify, was running low on repairs, so we decided to call off our chase. 

Now if only I was sailing a real first rate, like a Santisima, instead of this ugly second rate L'Ocean abomination, I may have gotten some kills instead of all assists. Nevertheless, I appreciate having it loaned to me (my proper PB L'Ocean was tucked away on an alt and I showed up too late to claim a Santi spot) and am pleased to report it will be returned to its owner with nothing more than a few scratches. :D

#creatingcontent    #heavyassists     

Thanks for the battles everyone.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, William Death said:

Upon exiting the port battle, we found ourselves in another battle, this time with some French captains from UWS. 

35b98d2c9f685f828700dd2c38589481.png

Their soft Teak/WO and LO/WO ships were no match for our BLACK Ironwood constructed ships. But they were faster than us. One of our faster ships, the beautiful Santisima captained by Amplify, was running low on repairs, so we decided to call off our chase. 

Now if only I was sailing a real first rate, like a Santisima, instead of this ugly second rate L'Ocean abomination, I may have gotten some kills instead of all assists. Nevertheless, I appreciate having it loaned to me (my proper PB L'Ocean was tucked away on an alt and I showed up too late to claim a Santi spot) and am pleased to report it will be returned to its owner with nothing more than a few scratches. :D

#creatingcontent    #heavyassists     

Thanks for the battles everyone.

lol.  I hook line and sinkered rax out of that battle so hard.  He wasn't pleased.  Good work boys, I needed to sink that wasa to get to the ill fated battle a salina point.

6 hours ago, rediii said:

br

Very tactical PB talking about positioning. GG o7

Last time you got a dc, this time we got a player, witch was not supposed to be there. He just joined the PB.

For a while I thought we could out fox you. Maybe if all the Le Reguins at the same time had went for the motar, we would have gotten it down. And when you send a big ship down to help, they should maybe just have run and kept been a tactical advantage behind your line.  But lets see what the next fight brings.

Well played.

Edited by staun

Had a good scrape outside Corrientes as the brits tried to generate hostility.  The crack VCO fleet scrambled and kept them busy while Spanish reinforcements showed up to bring the beef.  Was interesting jostling 2 teamspeaks and 3 languages, but it was fun.

Lot's of tears, explosions and VCO's bloodfued against the ever elusive, rarely seen Capt Hardy on the OW has finally sated since the days of global.

3F027692D3C7CC0C835AE9BA6B4678EAF9D9E2DF

GF Spain and Brits.  Fireship kudos go out to Smoggy for getting rage with it.

The aftermath

B2839D7A78D8ECB2A1F6C9A3C70C74F1930B6316

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, RaimundoJoe said:

Who is the coward now SruPL?

6D2DAC544084A87051A9119C8AA1B4CF0246389E

he actually had to go afk way at the beginning and also DC/d after half an hour

but yeha we could and should still have won that