Game-Labs Forum

monk33y

2 minutes ago, Batman said:

Lets put it this way .. I have seen some strange things in NA lately. This fight was one of them.

And before you ask ... no, I am not going to talk about it further, because this is not the thread for it.

Getting beat in a 3 on1 by a ship that sails 4 knots upwind isn't something I'd want to talk about either ;)

To be honest the main thing that let me avoid fights against players like liquicity, reverse and so on is the sail shooting so even if it is off topic, how do i avoid getting demasted is there some kind of trick? Or is the only way to get also good at demasting?

40 minutes ago, Lonar said:

To be honest the main thing that let me avoid fights against players like liquicity, reverse and so on is the sail shooting so even if it is off topic, how do i avoid getting demasted is there some kind of trick? Or is the only way to get also good at demasting?

People can most effectively shoot masts if the enemys' ship is around 90° towards ones broadside. Put ur ship on 45° to the enemy, look at the ammo hes using: Ball (Charge) to ur masts - go a bit more parallel. Chain - stay like this and turn ur sails away + depower. If u have to turn into the enemy, wait for the broadside and turn then. Its a patience game. the first giving in will be in disadvantage.

Problem is: it all depends on the combattants' ships, so this is a very general advise. 

Edit: general advise concerning pvp.

This dude has written the probably best guide I've read on PvP so far. Some things might be outdated, but positioning and the "wind game" seems timeless. 

This is the pdf also linked in the following thread:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3sAAwIGkEh1NmEyTmxCdWZDZHM/view

Edited by Palatinose
  • Like 3

15 hours ago, Malachy said:

Getting beat in a 3 on1 by a ship that sails 4 knots upwind isn't something I'd want to talk about either ;)

the fact that it seemed to sail faster than 4knots upwind , while been seemingly built like a tank ,,, and was demasting us at will  in one case 2 masts with one broadside at range ,,, is something we do need to talk about .. look at the screen shot 11 demastings ..to none .... now while personally i dont claim to be anything other than average .. massimo and batman are good players .. nothing stacked up in that battle

im not accusing anyone of anything... if its just a case he had optimum ship build and mods . skill books ... then they are op and something needs to be done ... because that ship ... outgunned... could demast at will  it  outturned .. was faster upwind and was very hard to penetrate unless you were exactly square on and close .. than all 3 of us ...

again the 3 of us have enough experience in the game to spot when something isnt right .... and something wasnt right in that battle

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Liq said:

I was coming out of a turn

also guess what :P

NzqadtE.jpg

Typical Dutch never ever wants to have an even fight, always want superior in numbers/guns. Luckily that doesn't always go well.

I want to visit them again as soon am back to my Home setup, Let them feel the wrath of Aegir and Ulrr and my beloved 'Bellondi' for not giving a good fight, I still hear the crew screaming: 'We want more, We want more'

Edited by pietjenoob

3 hours ago, Grundgemunkey said:

the fact that it seemed to sail faster than 4knots upwind , while been seemingly built like a tank ,,, and was demasting us at will  in one case 2 masts with one broadside at range ,,, is something we do need to talk about .. look at the screen shot 11 demastings ..to none .... now while personally i dont claim to be anything other than average .. massimo and batman are good players .. nothing stacked up in that battle

im not accusing anyone of anything... if its just a case he had optimum ship build and mods . skill books ... then they are op and something needs to be done ... because that ship ... outgunned... could demast at will  it  outturned .. was faster upwind and was very hard to penetrate unless you were exactly square on and close .. than all 3 of us ...

again the 3 of us have enough experience in the game to spot when something isnt right .... and something wasnt right in that battle

Я не могу понять почему вы плачете, в начале боя я не верил что смогу вообще уйти живим из боя.И главная проблема была в пиратском фрегате, с которым я смог справиться очень быстро, а дальше я старался ,как мог!!!

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, pietjenoob said:

Typical Dutch never ever wants to have an even fight, always want superior in numbers/guns. Luckily that doesn't always go well.

I want to visit them again as soon am back to my Home setup, Let them feel the wrath of Aegir and Ulrr and my beloved 'Bellondi' for not giving a good fight, I still hear the crew screaming: 'We want more, We want more'

This is a post for good PvP battles not for your Swedish propaganda thats trying to make the Dutch nation black with every opportunity you get. I dont mind the Swedish propaganda, since its quite amusable, but this is not the post for it.

The decleration of war post is though, so please, come with the best propaganda you have there. 

Oh and please come hunting again, looking forward capping your ship too. 

Start of battle screen.

End result was all ( but one survivor, a Rover tradition ) Prussian corsairs sunk against no Dutch losses.

Definitely not our beach since far too long :) so time to get back on the naval academy and re.learn.

Snappy salute to the Dutch Navy and whomever was ravaging the OW, combat news looked nice with the sinking of traitors.

Image2.png

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Grundgemunkey said:

It can sprint up wind for a few seconds before speed falls off. And nothing could out turn them (well today a Connie can). The mast issue just means he's a very good player, kind of why I don't fight banished. Despite all that, there's no excuse for massimo... batman has always been a blow hard so that's his excuse :)

85 minute battle with @Imperator1, dang I haven't had that much fun in a fight for ages

good fight, agamemnon seems like a pretty good puncher now

?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma

(I did not notice anything "suspicios" as claimed by other players about Ram. He plans every step very carefully, and knows his limits.)

• Like 10

4 minutes ago, Liq said:

85 minute battle with @Imperator1, dang I haven't had that much fun in a fight for ages

good fight, agamemnon seems like a pretty good puncher now

?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma

(I did not notice anything "suspicios" as claimed by other players about Ram. He plans every step very carefully, and knows his limits.)

thx for fight

20171122024002_1.thumb.jpg.228a2829696c00c1d8598c3b3c537cb9.jpg

And admin I think this is a bug, I have 144 people on the guns but they have almost no preserialize

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Imperator1 said:

Я не могу понять почему вы плачете, в начале боя я не верил что смогу вообще уйти живим из боя.И главная проблема была в пиратском фрегате, с которым я смог справиться очень быстро, а дальше я старался ,как мог!!!

im not crying about it .... it was a good fight and you sailed very well ... it just seemed that your ship was a lot  better than ours in every department .. you seemed to reload faster ... take less damage hull and rigging ... turn better .. repair more and faster ....maybe its the first time ive come up against a ship that is maxed out with all the best modules iset out in the optimum configuration .... once we got into fight didnt feel that at anytime I had an advantage in anything ...

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Imperator1 said:

Dear Ram Dinark,

it s impossible for me to reply to your russian, try to write in english if you can (i m italian and i try to do my best with english, so you can do the same, or just use google translator). 

There was nothing "normal" in your ship in that fight! You were fast, you had an incredible thickness, your broadside was op, your reload time was just too fast, you demasted two masts to a bellona in one broadside hitting not more than 3/4 shots from a long distance, you turned like a 6th rate, you repaired fast and a lot your hull and sails, your masts were impossible to demast (and you were hitted several times). So how can you put so many refits and shipknowledge on your ship? It seemed to me you had all the possible refits and shipknoledge on your ship!

I find nothing special in your playing style, you re another good player, no "special" tactics, but a lot of special refits and shipknowledge all togheter on the same ship!

So if you want to ask me if i m complaining ... yes i do, because "hero" like you can destroy a beautifull game like this!

• Like 3

I remember when you "killed me", if I did not make mistake it was when you were 12 and we were 3 (and one went out of line after 10 mins!). I remember you "brave", you had to call your CH friends to be safe, and in 12 you still had three hours and you had to tag us four times to "kill" two "poor" FIRST! Baby you need to find a girl and to "live" a little more in real life! I know it is difficult but with much commitment even one like you can make it to be accepted in the real world 😊

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Peter Goldman said:

I am happy that now I can kill FIRST when I see you in OW :) No more trolling me in chat and having 100% immunity from attacking. How many times I got killed by FIRST? 0. How many FIRST I killed? Countless number of times, including you and bb3 :)

....and the seventh day the God of Naval Action created Banished Privateer (or Peter Gold...something)...so that every other player could feel smarter, more skilled and intelligent :P:D

• Like 3

On 11/19/2017 at 2:16 PM, Peter Goldman said:

Pirates were on different comms too, you see ALOHA on our thingy, Russians on their Teamspeak and some EXILE, but that's not the point. The point is that it is just pathetic that hostile nation can have a fleet right outside British capital and most of the time the major British clans don't give a single hello kitty. Now you can have excuses that there is a safe zone, no danger, blah blah... but back in the day without safe zones... this was very pathetic. When I started playing, once enemy fleet started blockading KPR or was spotted nearby, British would assembly defensive fleet in no time and engage, drive away enemies. Then it all became "who cares about KPR", "only rookies around, forget about it", "leave KPR"... Now it becomes "It's safe zone, who cares, ignore them". That is just very pathetic and shows the weakness of the nation. My friends told me that like always there was a huge drama in nation chat about this fight, about the blockade. This also shows a bad example for the new players, the biggest clans and best players in the nation totally ignore hostile fleet right next to the capital of the British Empire. 

we were on russian teamspeak. Unlike some of your clan we try and communicate even if it fails sometimes.

56 minutes ago, Celtiberofrog said:

Cayo Del Enclote: Brits (Defence)  Vs  Real Acuerdo (Spain)  BR2400

Very GG all

Cayo_Enclote_22-11.jpg

Ah the wind, the wind ... If you have the wind next time, please engage and not sit there for 30 minutes, doing nothing but firing a few mortarts, ok?

Is just boring.

1 hour ago, Batman said:

Ah the wind, the wind ... If you have the wind next time, please engage and not sit there for 30 minutes, doing nothing but firing a few mortarts, ok?

Is just boring.

It's the first time I see a defeated enemy telling the victorious one the proper way to beat himself. Amazing.

Edited by Pablo Frias
  • Like 1

I've just asked if you actually bother attacking in a offensive port battle, or just let the mortars farm points. It's no doubt effective, but very boring.

If you want me to tell you how to beat yourself, I would have told you to just sink all your ships ;)

• Like 1