Game-Labs Forum

monk33y

Nice, especially considering that 8 of the pirate ships weren't even Wasas.

And the 47 minute mark is like an old painting of a fleet clash, beautiful.

Edited by Guest

13 hours ago, Christendom said:

Russia vs Pirates - Atwood - Pirates Won

5fdc98f37503b51dfc74f385636da2f7.jpg

Not the best showing from mighty Russia.  Fireships firmly trashed our ranks as we allowed ourselves to be pinned close to land sailing in lines and then as we sailed to take the bottom circle downwind even more fireships came in and blew up half a dozen of us that couldn't maneuver in that confined circle.  Overall I think our guys individually played well, but tactically giving up the wind and getting trapped in the bottom most circle against land was not the best move.  Fun fight though and I was cracking up sailing around the hulks of blown up ships most of the battle.  

GF pirates. 

Another lost battle of the new empire with old players which came from different factions.Russians/"Danes" aren´t anymore what they used to be, FEARED.

New empire to be considered as random, nothing special about them. Such a shame ;)

19 minutes ago, Cortez said:

Another lost battle of the new empire with old players which came from different factions.Russians/"Danes" aren´t anymore what they used to be, FEARED.

New empire to be considered as random, nothing special about them. Such a shame ;)

One might add that at least they used to be able to say they had the most “feared” fleet on the server.  I think Spain’s reputation was such that the nicest thing you could say about them was... “Sometimes they show up”. 

I enjoyed the PB .  We lost   Life goes on

• Like 1

I lWe lost, we will go back to the classroom. Study the battle, highlight areas of improvement. Learn and come back again... Harder....

We have learnt that certain past 'friends' have gone... 

Watch this space...

I remember in the early day of the Sverige nation they were whipping boys in pb.. They improved alot.

The Russians are coming.... 

• Like 1

Battle Swedes vs Russians @ Grand Turk

Commanders (subcommanders):
Swedes: @rediii (Havelock , sveno)
Russians: @BABAY (NorthViking?)

Result screen (Swedish victory):

489244A893668227A4F8272581902955F734C3D6

Recordings:

Swedish PoV (by redii):

Russian PoV (by Babay):

An interesting note, two very different fleet compositions were fighting in this battle. The Swedes had lighter ships, mainly Victories, the Russians had mainly very heavy Oceans. The battle was fierce, in the end the Swedes killed more ships but had less combined HP then the remaining Russians.

Looking forward for the next fight against the Russian bears. o7

Edited by sveno
  • Like 6

3 hours ago, randommexi said:

Damn it Russia, what are you doing!!  GRRRR

need to beat those swedes!

text as follows (below)

A Strategist

Russian Bear: "Running away? Not a bit of it. I´m luring ´em on."

48BearPunch04Lg.jpg

Edited by Wilson09

Well I do worry a bit for Denmark Norway. The latest battle do surgest that the only nation that Russia can beat is us. Guess when they are tirred of getting beat up, they will turn to us for a confident boost. 

Time for us get to sea and get in shape.

3 minutes ago, Graf Bernadotte said:

And after this is done next week you will defeat us in Bermuda. Nobody has to fear the Russian bear. It's a pet ... -_-

Well it's a nice pet for the pelts...

Battle Swedes vs French @ Grand Anse

Commanders (Subcommanders):
Swedes: redii (sveno)
French: unknown

Result screen (Swedish victory)

1F49943EFC899491B10BB760EA2AD79DCE4F2CD7

First portbattle of the Swedes with the new BR limitation (5100).

Thanks to the French turning up with full BR, GG WP o7.

Edited by sveno
  • Like 2

36 minutes ago, rediii said:

just imagine it with the last attack of russia vs sweden. ~40 1st rates of russia went inside the region and a huge 1st rate battle erupted. Let's say russia would have won the battle and set the portbattle. after 2 huge battles with ~40 1st rates more or less on both sides and huge preperation needed etc.  a portbattle is created.

3000 BR possible. equal to 5 1st rates.

Now the next big battle will be outside the portbattle if you get enough players together to field the swedish screening force of ~15 1st rates and several smaller taggingships. The outcome will be not important. only that 3000 BR battle is important.

To attack 3000 BR ports you need to have a lot of screening on a server that isn't on a low population. If the enemy doesnt screen the PB ... well gratulation 25 screeners just wasted ~2 hours.

more people involved in a PB than just the 25 going in isn't a bad thing.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Christendom said:

more people involved in a PB than just the 25 going in isn't a bad thing.

tbh i told them to make the raid for pb, for avoid screening since 2 years

as well do the br system, but i also told them  to remove slots limitations or raise it to 30, and to put fixed BR, not random br on every port.

something like 6500 for normal ones,  12k for capital ones, and dunno for shallow, 2000?

6 minutes ago, Lord Vicious said:

tbh i told them to make the raid for pb, for avoid screening since 2 years

as well do the br system, but i also told them  to remove slots limitations or raise it to 30, and to put fixed BR, not random br on every port.

something like 6500 for normal ones,  12k for capital ones, and dunno for shallow, 2000?

the BR is similar to that in game, though some ports just are not tuned correctly.  1700 BR for atwood (deep 4th) 3400 for west end (shallow).  Doesn't make sense.  I like the BR system, but I think the circles EITHER need to be BR based OR there needs to be a minimum type of ship.  For example a 1st rate battle should have a min of say 10 1st rates, this would prevent trolling in 25 lynxs or Princes.  

I personally like the role of screening/counter screening.  Not everyone can get in a PB and screening provides those and new players with some form of content and "near PB" experiences.  It also makes planning when and where to strike a bit more tactical. 

I feel like some people just want a port battle simulator game where they queue up with their cookie cutter 25 vics or wasa's, fight and log off.  Games like that exist already.  NA should be about the OW. 

Edited by Christendom
  • Like 5

On 31/10/2017 at 12:45 AM, Christendom said:

the BR is similar to that in game, though some ports just are not tuned correctly.  1700 BR for atwood (deep 4th) 3400 for west end (shallow).  Doesn't make sense.  I like the BR system, but I think the circles EITHER need to be BR based OR there needs to be a minimum type of ship.  For example a 1st rate battle should have a min of say 10 1st rates, this would prevent trolling in 25 lynxs or Princes.  

I personally like the role of screening/counter screening.  Not everyone can get in a PB and screening provides those and new players with some form of content and "near PB" experiences.  It also makes planning when and where to strike a bit more tactical. 

I feel like some people just want a port battle simulator game where they queue up with their cookie cutter 25 vics or wasa's, fight and log off.  Games like that exist already.  NA should be about the OW. 

With a br system  circle have no more reason to exist

unless they are BR based  instead ship/numbers, since it not have sense that a frig can block a circle to be captured from a firstrate

also Br for ships need to be better re-evaluated   like 4th rates have too low br compared to their performance

Edited by Lord Vicious
  • Like 4