Game-Labs Forum

monk33y

54 minutes ago, Gregory Rainsborough said:

The only people with the stomach for offensive RvR are Denmark and Russia and the former can't hope to get through screeners.

Thats mildly concerning if accurate. Patrol zones anyone? :)

Edited by Potemkin

23 minutes ago, Potemkin said:

Thats mildly concerning if accurate. Patrol zones anyone? :)

Sadly it seems to be true, if recent screenshots are to be believed REDS and BF have 100 players online at pea not including the other russian clans.

It's  not an issue of lack of skill or willingness but sheer numbers. No other nation can match that kind screening fleet at the moment so any offensive port battle against you guys is just not doable. Something needs to change or we will see a massive drop in player numbers fairly soon because there's nothing for them to do

And it seems even Reverse is getting tired of the issue but BF is sooo big now that it is just not feasible for them to move

Edited by H982 FKL
  • Like 2

36 minutes ago, H982 FKL said:

Sadly it seems to be true, if recent screenshots are to be believed REDS and BF have 100 players online at pea not including the other russian clans.

It's  not an issue of lack of skill or willingness but sheer numbers. No other nation can match that kind screening fleet at the moment so any offensive port battle against you guys is just not doable. Something needs to change or we will see a massive drop in player numbers fairly soon because there's nothing for them to do

And it seems even Reverse is getting tired of the issue but BF is sooo big now that it is just not feasible for them to move

Well it is what it is, but if people would rather quit the game instead of risking ships then the game is doomed anyways. I mean think about that for a second. I know its easy for me to say and probably means less coming from someone in the zerg but damn man. How ever did we get by with GB all those years. Thats also completely ignoring the fact that you can engage in rvr with other nations. Either way this ends with depopulation of the game or everyone vs russia, im ok with the latter but after russia implodes rvr will probably die like before the wipe because no one really wants to fight each other.

You must bear in mind that GB may have been the biggest but only 25% at most took part in RvR, Russia is now problably close to the size GB used to be but have a much higher percentage of their players involved in RvR. This is the same now in VP, yes we are large but here are many clans and only 3 or 4 of them are interested in RvR (and none of those clans have worked together before)

Edited by H982 FKL

13 minutes ago, Potemkin said:

Well it is what it is, but if people would rather quit the game instead of risking ships then the game is doomed anyways. I mean think about that for a second. I know its easy for me to say and probably means less coming from someone in the zerg but damn man. How ever did we get by with GB all those years. Thats also completely ignoring the fact that you can engage in rvr with other nations. Either way this ends with depopulation of the game or everyone vs russia, im ok with the latter but after russia implodes rvr will probably die like before the wipe because no one really wants to fight each other.

Now with port investment bonuses etc what do you think will happen when first clan/national bonus ports get taken?    Getting a port up with guntowers, port bonuses, etc has already been such a drain on players time that only the most dedicated will strive to build again. 

I seriously hope i am wrong on this but appears to me that any great effort to destroy a nations shipbuilding  effectiveness may have greater repercussions on overall game/national populations (Bridgetown for example would have been a disaster for them).

Good luck with the RvR and hoping many battles will take place going forward. :)

For myself at least I have limited interest in RvR and prefer raiding or whatever, but when pushed by national needs will take part when required.

Edited by LegoLarry

51 minutes ago, H982 FKL said:

Jejeje, When we were attacked every day by the British zerg I did not read to anyone (who was not Spanish) to complain about it ... They were game things, they said.

11 minutes ago, Potemkin said:

The reality is if the other nations ally up against Russia, RvR will die, and if they don't ally up against Russia RvR will die. No one can fight them straight up with the numbers they are fielding. 

In either case keeping a zerg like that alive for long will be difficult, and when it pops off the ally blocks will most likely remain in place, causing more issues. We've seen this happen two or three times over the years. Be thankful there is no permanent ally system in place, it would be worse.

I still expect plenty of nation hoping across the map, its all a function of how much each faction loses.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Jorge said:

Jejeje, When we were attacked every day by the British zerg I did not read to anyone (who was not Spanish) to complain about it ... They were game things, they said.

The British zerg? You mean SNOW and HAVOC? You, yourselves once relied on sheer numbers as your RvR tactic

1 hour ago, Rabman said:

In either case keeping a zerg like that alive for long will be difficult, and when it pops off the ally blocks will most likely remain in place, causing more issues. We've seen this happen two or three times over the years. 

Thats exactly what i was getting at. That being said, a few people are speaking for a whole lot of people. Is everyone just checking out of rvr because we have alot of screeners? You can still only fit 25 people into a battle... but idk why im still discussing this, if everyone is going to throw in the towel without a fight theres nothing i can do about it aside from swapping nations. GB seemed pretty intent on resistance yesterday, looked like theyve got fight left in em at least, which is especially notable when you consider they are dealing with both russia AND VP.

Also, i can only really speak for myself and a few others but i dont think anyone really wants to see a crafting base go down because most of us understand how that will affect game pop.

Edited by Potemkin
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Jorge said:

But... You started it? :P

That's like punching someone in the face and complaining when they hit you back!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Gregory Rainsborough said:

Poor Prussia.

Ask BF what that was all about because i still dont know. Plus, did they defend it or just give up after monk left. Not blaming or criticizing i dont have enough facts to discuss that one.

29 minutes ago, Potemkin said:

Thats exactly what i was getting at. That being said, a few people are speaking for a whole lot of people. Is everyone just checking out of rvr because we have alot of screeners? You can still only fit 25 people into a battle... but idk why im still discussing this, if everyone is going to throw in the towel without a fight theres nothing i can do about it aside from swapping nations. GB seemed pretty intent on resistance yesterday, looked like theyve got fight left in em at least, which is especially notable when you consider they are dealing with both russia AND VP.

Spain after release was in such a promising position as SNOW left they could if they had been a bit more patient, got Pinar and Cuba back. They just got all mad though for no reason and decided to go Russia.

There is resistance and there is willingness to start a fight. Only people capable of having an offensive port battle during the day are the Russians. No-one else can fight each other either as lo and behold, there are the Russians, screening everyone out.

Pax Russica has made RvR boring.

Edited by Gregory Rainsborough
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gregory Rainsborough said:

Spain after release was in such a promising position as SNOW left they could if they had been a bit more patient, got Pinar and Cuba back. They just got all mad though for no reason and decided to go Russia.

There is resistance and there is willingness to start a fight. Only people capable of having an offensive port battle during the day are the Russians. No-one else can fight each other either as lo and behold, there are the Russians, screening everyone out.

Pax Russica has made RvR boring.

It is what it is then, i dont have any more answers for ya. I dont particularly like the current situation either but you cant force players to do what you want one way or another.

• Like 1

You can only control who comes into your clan, you cannot control how many follow you into your nation

You cannot cap a nations numbers and any attempt at a system for alliances will force it down to 2 blocks and 99% will end up with a 1-2hour sail to where the opposite block is situated for content, similar to how it was on global.

I feel certain that reverse and his friends would rather be in their own nation, answerable to nobody and not having to deal with others following them. The same could probably  be said for the other powerbrokers of the larger clans.

Nobody wants to be on the losing side if they can help it. Havoc get screened out , the Dutch would have got screened out at Bridgetown and right now there is only 1 nation in charge. if a rainbow coalition stops the Russians in their tracks, the Russians will squeal like they did the last time it happened saying the rest are ganging up on them

Somebody will always be top dog and thats not a bad thing. Less nations = less choice and less gameplay options.  Less need for alts = less sales = less forged paper dlc's

Work on getting Pirates becoming Pirates / clans / outlaws and the rest of the nations will all slim down a bit while creating clan wars within the Pirates. Leave the rest as they are for those who fancy being an underdog.

just my thoughts, the games playing well enough to keep the numbers steady

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Potemkin said:

Also, i can only really speak for myself and a few others but i dont think anyone really wants to see a crafting base go down because most of us understand how that will affect game pop.

For my lot, this isn't really a factor. Generally the nighttime crowd has seen a big uptick 500-600 players on, and lots more pvp, and quite frankly I dont think people care to PB when you can get 6-10 man fights everywhere.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, rediii said:

The persknalkty of north and anolytic taking the spanish (vltra) and the french (nn) rvr fleets into russia actually killed these nations and now that russia zerged down even GB the first thing Anolytic did was posting a recruitment post 

Its just funny, sorry ^^ 

This may be true, but ask yourself, when do you have enough men? The answer is almost certainly never, especially if you can pull together a group that already has some semblance of cohesion VLTRA/NN. No one wants to get multi-flipped or caught undefended. Which is why we went to a nation with a solid day-crew fleet that could cover us in our off hours.

Nevermind that new guys like to be on the winning side, so its an even bigger draw. Your own recruitment blew up once your small band took on a couple of big fleets and scored some victories.

I'm not saying I like or want this situation, but I can definitely see how we got here.

I miss the great battles thread....   what happened to it?

It's funny seeing a bunch of guys who used to be in the old zerg complaining about the new zerg.  It's not Russia's fault the band decided to break up over in GB and go 2 different ways.  The server police didn't seem to give a shit when that old zerg nuked Spain into retirement or when the same bad hombres in this thread were multi flipping Russia out of the game a year ago.

Sure the Russian zerg sucks and I'm tired of 8 to 1 ganks EVERYWHERE on the map, but why would they turn away people from joining their clan or nation?  If you pick a fight with them and then whine about numbers....perhaps you should of gone to a nation that has some.

Russian zerg is just a byproduct of changes people in this thread championed.  They wanted ports to matter.....well now they certainly do.  They wanted larger BR battles....well you got em.  

Edited by Severus Snape
  • Like 3

38 minutes ago, rediii said:

The persknalkty of north and anolytic taking the spanish (vltra) and the french (nn) rvr fleets into russia actually killed these nations and now that russia zerged down even GB the first thing Anolytic did was posting a recruitment post 

Its just funny, sorry ^

Lol

The Swedish nation destroyed before release the french nation. the Gb,french and pirates destroyed the spanish nation.  You are 1 of these Destroyer. Maybe after all your victories, you've just become too arrogant to realize that. Sorry for that but thats my opinion 

When players lose everytime and lose his crafting ports then they switch nation or stop playing. 

Edited by Guest

1 hour ago, rediii said:

Its just funny, sorry ^^ 

Dear rediii, do you remember when you and all your clan join the most populated faction with Fenix guys following you?? 

I can tell you a secret.... Spanish guys were abducted by the dark side of the force and join REDS..... Maybe our NN friends  have felt the same.... 

Its just funny, sorry. 

• Like 1