Game-Labs Forum

monk33y

On 6/11/2019 at 1:36 AM, Mascarino said:

311310_screenshots_20190611022626_1.jpg

This was one of many battles that occurred in this region in the last few days of the server before wipe. Some battles were good, some were ganks, some the Brits won some the Spanish won, in general a lot of fun was had and in some ways this region was a good example of what can happen if frontlines are working properly as the waters between Mantua and Baja were a hot point for action. 

I do hope they properly sort out the frontlines system so we can have areas like this around the map where you are almost always guaranteed to find some action.

I would say though that people are not as keen to post battle results when they are on the losing side. Personally I always forget to take a screenshot at the end of a battle and I believe such single screenshots do not always tell the full story of a battle especially now with the 20 minute join for the lower BR side as the final screenshot may show even numbers and BR but if one side joined late with many players the battle may already be lost. I did not partake in this battle so I do not know the history.

Anyway looking forward to release and resumption of hostilities.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Shocktrooper Basteyy said:

Sante Fe Port Battle:
Prussian Leader: Shocktrooper Basteyy

9D3F8466544E1AA3DF8D8245008A4E7A81950B56

Our new composition of new clans in the first PB together :)
Was Fun GG

It was a good fight. If Prussia didnt start with the wind advantage it may have gone a different way. 

The brit requins were well handled. O7

On 6/12/2019 at 1:12 PM, Archaos said:

This was one of many battles that occurred in this region in the last few days of the server before wipe. Some battles were good, some were ganks, some the Brits won some the Spanish won, in general a lot of fun was had and in some ways this region was a good example of what can happen if frontlines are working properly as the waters between Mantua and Baja were a hot point for action. 

I do hope they properly sort out the frontlines system so we can have areas like this around the map where you are almost always guaranteed to find some action.

I would say though that people are not as keen to post battle results when they are on the losing side. Personally I always forget to take a screenshot at the end of a battle and I believe such single screenshots do not always tell the full story of a battle especially now with the 20 minute join for the lower BR side as the final screenshot may show even numbers and BR but if one side joined late with many players the battle may already be lost. I did not partake in this battle so I do not know the history.

Anyway looking forward to release and resumption of hostilities.

This was, I think, the last large scale Anglo-Spanish  battle before the wipe, There had been a number of battles around Mantua during the evening. The results aside these battles were characterised by the relative lack of salt and the conduct of both Spanish and British players was, by and large, courteous, gentlemanly, and, very much typical of sea warfare of this period.  

I too hope the front-lines  system can be refined, such areas would reduce the frustration levels of spending hours seeking action and finding little or none, and, may also reduce the numbers preying on new players around capitals.

Santa Fé was great fun for someone who is relatively new to port battles. The initial exchange was essentially one big fairground bumper car brawl. I had some trouble finding my boat on the screen, what with all the others and the smoke. 😋 After that, things settled down to squadrons and lines(ish).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Liberalism said:

Get used to DLCs. The game after wipe has never been more imbalanced with huge disadvantage for players without DLCs, honestly. It's way faster and easier for them to progress in ranks, grind, wealth and they lose close to nothing when they sink. Of course port bonuses crafted ships are better blah blah, but such a head start is simply disturbing. The whole "we wipe everything, everyone has equal start" is just a joke.

STOP crying at least you got something to sail

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Liberalism said:

Get used to DLCs. The game after wipe has never been more imbalanced with huge disadvantage for players without DLCs, honestly. It's way faster and easier for them to progress in ranks, grind, wealth and they lose close to nothing when they sink. Of course port bonuses crafted ships are better blah blah, but such a head start is simply disturbing. The whole "we wipe everything, everyone has equal start" is just a joke.

It doesn't take much to cap an AI ship.

GB should know better. We ran with Surp setups prior to wipe. Sounds like someone couldn't be arsed to figure out a proper fleet composition and was just lazy.

18 minutes ago, Liberalism said:

With all fairness, Surprises without good modules and books/port bonuses get eaten alive by Hercs. Prior to wipe you have purple/golden Surprises with Elite French, Kirimatis and other best mods beating the hell out of Hercs and Pandoras, but vanilla vs vanilla, Hercs chops Surps for a dinner. 18pd just cut down through masts like crazy.

This seems like a conversation that is in need of its own thread and not the Great Battle Results. Surprise vs. a Herc, I do not care what mods you have on it. What I think matters is the guns. These mediums majority of us are using currently while we build up enough of a stockpile of carros and longs makes such a huge aggravating difference. If both ships were armed with Mediums I would take the Herc. But if armed with Carros I feel more comfortable in the Surprise. Took a vanilla carro Surprise once or twice in battles against a Herc while I had no mods on and only a few book slots and was dominant. 

1 hour ago, Captain Cid said:

Not that great battle cause the whole Prussian fleet left at the beginning to kill the BF hostility group.

LF this? Yeah, greates fight for Prussians - Gratz! After many fights take your 2nd or 3rd Ratvizans and taging and taging... 

311310_screenshots_20190620025123_1.jpg

2 hours ago, Limpear said:

LF this? Yeah, greates fight for Prussians - Gratz! After many fights take your 2nd or 3rd Ratvizans and taging and taging... 

311310_screenshots_20190620025123_1.jpg

You sound a bit mad about attacking another nations capital with your Santi. Using an exploit to do hostility. Getting swarmed by the nation you were attacking. Then finally losing your santi.

Its hard to be sympathetic for a clan like BF that uses ANY exploit they can to get ahead.

29 minutes ago, Flinch said:

You sound a bit mad about attacking another nations capital with your Santi. Using an exploit to do hostility. Getting swarmed by the nation you were attacking. Then finally losing your santi.

Its hard to be sympathetic for a clan like BF that uses ANY exploit they can to get ahead.

It's almost like when you bring the first big toy after release, that somehow your upset that a nation does everything in its power to take it from you 🤔

• Like 2