Game-Labs Forum

monk33y

2 minutes ago, Liq said:

Fort HP seems to be a bit over the top now dont you think? Trying not to see this from a biased pov.

Did 1st rates shoot at the forts? Or was that seen as not a good idea? Is fort damage oppressive?

The fort hp buff and mortar brig nerfs may have something to say about it. I wonder if the price we pay to create the fort investment is the reasoning for making them even more powerful.

1 hour ago, Teutonic said:

Did 1st rates shoot at the forts? Or was that seen as not a good idea? Is fort damage oppressive?

The fort hp buff and mortar brig nerfs may have something to say about it. I wonder if the price we pay to create the fort investment is the reasoning for making them even more powerful.

We did but shoot it with 1st rates bur the fort didnt sem to care much

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Papillon said:

I used to participate when there was a flag system and clans did not rule the game.  No interest though in the current configuration, it's a discouragement now though for solo players.

I feel you there, i stopped playing for while at same time you did when they had flags. And often think it was more fun by then. 

2 hours ago, van der Decken said:

IMO, forts should be slightly OP. Port battles should favor the defenders. I'm not saying by a large percentage, but some.

Yes fort should favor the devender, but did you see the sceenshot of the PB the Fort go 5 kill out of 10!!! 
And if you look at https://youtu.be/zKrTV9YEJig?t=632 , you can see (not that well i agree) the fire power of the fort! and it can shot from 4 side!

• Like 2

i don't know why the Brits joined outside they bay and planed to go up the narrow passage with 2 forts shooting them when they could have joined from the south and have put the Russian fleet all most perfectly against the wind

1262089231_cataportbatllex1.thumb.png.5b1e6afa12b51366549eb2013d7b633d.png

if you had join from the south and pushed us back only 1 fort could shoot at you, this way you would have forced us to go east or we would have been between you and the fort making us take sail damage from it (fort will fire even if friendly ships are in the way)

1393254187_cataportbatllex2.thumb.png.279b0518e0a7e1f5e35912b8008ad5d8.png

with the Russian fleet locked in bay you would have more time to kill the one fort and after it was dead your mortar brigs could start on next one and finally taking the last circle when the second fort was dead. making you win on points 

you did not lose because the wind turn against you or because the forts are over powered, you lost because your strategy was bad.   

even if they wind had turn in your favor, you would still be fighting with the Russian fleet to south of you and 2 forts to north of you, making it very hard to protect your ships that had taken a lot of damage and after some time you would start to lose ships because of it. while the Russian fleet could protect there damaged ships. im not gonna say it would have been impossible for you to win but you sure as hell made it a lot harder then it needed to be.     

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Rune said:

i don't know why the Brits joined outside they bay and planed to go up the narrow passage with 2 forts shooting them when they could have joined from the sout

Was not an option as 20+ russians aswell as 10+ pirates were spotted patroling the southern part

• Like 7

Just now, Graf Bernadotte said:

It is no big issue for a strong nation to take out 30 screeners. Russia had no unbreakable wall in front of Cartagena, but too many British players refused their help. All successful attacks on Cartagena had the wind like yesterday and a joining point in the southern bay.

:) well we did not have the numbers for that. GB is big et all but should be common knowledge now 50 - 75% of the numbers is alts/pve/trading oriented players

So we had the choice

• either go for your screening fleet blockading the bay entrance and have a nice battle there - and get smashed outside, damaged, after that by your PB fleet
    • and therefore not make it into the pb
  • or go for a bad PB entrance up north

decided for the latter, didnt work out, end of story

1 hour ago, rediii said:

spoiler: GB is not a strong nation. The only nation that doesnt care much for playernumberstats atm is russia

At bluefields was more then 50 brits. Brits have enough players 

9 hours ago, Rune said:

i don't know why the Brits joined outside they bay and planed to go up the narrow passage with 2 forts shooting them when they could have joined from the south and have put the Russian fleet all most perfectly against the wind

1262089231_cataportbatllex1.thumb.png.5b1e6afa12b51366549eb2013d7b633d.png

if you had join from the south and pushed us back only 1 fort could shoot at you, this way you would have forced us to go east or we would have been between you and the fort making us take sail damage from it (fort will fire even if friendly ships are in the way)

1393254187_cataportbatllex2.thumb.png.279b0518e0a7e1f5e35912b8008ad5d8.png

with the Russian fleet locked in bay you would have more time to kill the one fort and after it was dead your mortar brigs could start on next one and finally taking the last circle when the second fort was dead. making you win on points 

you did not lose because the wind turn against you or because the forts are over powered, you lost because your strategy was bad.   

even if they wind had turn in your favor, you would still be fighting with the Russian fleet to south of you and 2 forts to north of you, making it very hard to protect your ships that had taken a lot of damage and after some time you would start to lose ships because of it. while the Russian fleet could protect there damaged ships. im not gonna say it would have been impossible for you to win but you sure as hell made it a lot harder then it needed to be.     

Simple answer, screeners! From 3 nations! Yey!

6 hours ago, Graf Bernadotte said:

It is no big issue for a strong nation to take out 30 screeners. Russia had no unbreakable wall in front of Cartagena, but too many British players refused their help. All successful attacks on Cartagena had the wind like yesterday and a joining point in the southern bay.

Except when GB took it from Sweden.

• Like 1

IMO if the hp of the forts  are like these the flag system could work really well, adding to it that a player could control the fort would be awesome. See battle of cartagena, 30+ british warships vs some naval batteries and a citadel and some spanish sols shows that it should be really hard to engage a fort

Another option is to delay the lineship progression until the forts are destroyed by the MBrigs and blockade the Russians from exiting the pass. I think it's just a matter of getting more PBs tested out to figure out a better strategy. It will take time.

19 hours ago, El Patron said:
20 hours ago, rediii said:

spoiler: GB is not a strong nation. The only nation that doesnt care much for playernumberstats atm is russia

At bluefields was more then 50 brits. Brits have enough players 

1. In case you mean the defense of Bluefields, maybe. I wasn't there that day. In case of our taking it back: We had a full PB fleet and maybe 10 screeners in lineships... Nowhere near 50 people.
  2. Bluefields is a county capital right in the middle of British territory, opening up lanes to many inner counties. Of course people will scramble to keep it that way. Cartagena maybe a shiny bauble but is has little actual value to GB. It does not even help in pushing frontlines further away since Dariena is in between it and Portobelo.
Edited by Tom Farseer
spelling correction
  • Like 2