Game-Labs Forum

6 hours ago, Christendom said:

NO DLC SHIPS IN PBs EVER PLEASE

Even if they can not participate in PBs, a fleet of DLC ships can always screen out the attackers of shallow ports. Easily.

So it really does not matter, if they can or can not enter PB.

Damage done,and i am trying not to imagine the worst possible solution from developers to "balance" this....

3 hours ago, Christendom said:

They’re OP for a reason.  Admin wants you to buy more so he can get that new BMW.  

After you boarded the MB, which inexplicably kept sailing upwind away from me, I had the boarding G pop up just briefly.  Almost....

There was one moment there when I hoped you would 😉

2 hours ago, Sir Lancelot Holland said:

With respect Chrisendom not one of the Le Requins on either side survived that port battle, mine sank seconds before the end and would have been the sole survivor of her kind. Most of the so called 'lesser' ships survived. As you may know, having fought in the GB Nation  SALTP is regarded as Noobs,, and no hopers by the British elite, and by some of the former British elite players now in foreign service,  it certainly was not the Le Requins that won that PB for us, I don't know what happened with the Spanish fleet, but with their reputation most bookmakers would have said Spain should have won. 

I think Christendom has a point.  In the right hands Le Requin is able to give you a lot more than it's BR.  You can't stay still or get stuck in irons for too long with a Boarding rigged Requin around if it's used properly.  In truth I think mine was the only boarding rigged of the four.  Had we had 4 boarders it would have been OP.  Guess we need to live with it and adapt.

Edited by Roadkill

12 hours ago, Batman said:

I wonder if people who bought Le Rekt and Herculololol will threaten devs to call lawyers if they get nerfed like the Wargaming community does when premium assets get touched :D

Several legal preventive and mitigation points there to avoid trouble with bad reactions of some users of DLC's (a single complaint is enough to put a great mess):

1-) Put a disclaimer in the DLC announcement, if not ever made, reserving the right of the development team to modify the DLC characteristics without warning and as decided by the Development team.

2-) Not adding the characteristics of the DLC ship in the announcement.

3-) Adding in the DLC that the ship characteristics, in particular, speed, rotating speed, crew, sailing model, battle rating,  class, armament and thickness, including capability and limitation on usage (PB), are not contractual and remain open to further modification. 

Commercial laws are not the same in all countries, but another warning there, even if the DLC general conditions sets a specific tribunal for arbitration: The price should be indicated in Euros, not in Dollars, to avoid falling in the American law trap (a specific American law is posing the principle that all commercial transaction involving anything linked to the USA, for instance the currency, would be directed by USA laws, including potential penalties). The currency exchange is to be made by banks and payment sites.

Edited by Eleazar de Damas
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Roadkill said:

I think Christendom has a point.  In the right hands Le Requin is able to give you a lot more than it's BR.  You can't stay still or get stuck in irons for too long with a Boarding rigged Requin around if it's used properly.  In truth I think mine was the only boarding rigged of the four.  Had we had 4 boarders it would have been OP.  Guess we need to live with it and adapt.

I would agree with Christendom if it was clear cut the Le Requin was the deciding factor in the battle, however other factors were involved that may have influenced the battle far more. The Spanish fleet was not on it's best form by any means. The Boarding Shark which claimed two ships was an innovation, something that may not have been seen before, it surprised me never mind the Spanish, and It will not be long before a counter is found,  The actual attack was not conventional, the bulk of the Spanish fleet were several minutes behind the first ship, it is possible that Spanish commander may have wanted to be certain that they would not be screened out, even though his standing patrols would have seen no screeners, there was no guarantee that none were present as was the case. The port was attacked from both directions simultaneously which is also quite rare as few ports allow such manoeuvres. Were it a different battle, more conventional, then on balance Christendom may indeed have a point.  

2 minutes ago, Sir Lancelot Holland said:

I would agree with Christendom if it was clear cut the Le Requin was the deciding factor in the battle, however other factors were involved that may have influenced the battle far more. The Spanish fleet was not on it's best form by any means. The Boarding Shark which claimed two ships was an innovation, something that may not have been seen before, it surprised me never mind the Spanish, and It will not be long before a counter is found,  The actual attack was not conventional, the bulk of the Spanish fleet were several minutes behind the first ship, it is possible that Spanish commander may have wanted to be certain that they would not be screened out, even though his standing patrols would have seen no screeners, there was no guarantee that none were present as was the case. The port was attacked from both directions simultaneously which is also quite rare as few ports allow such manoeuvres. Were it a different battle, more conventional, then on balance Christendom may indeed have a point.  

I’d prefer to have none of the P2W ships in PBs...ever.  Look at the Salina Point results.  Other side was almost all capped by requins.  I’m ok with the DLC ships out ruling and roaming the OW   

I’d also limit the amount of DLC ships you have TOTAL in your docks to 1 so people like Hethwill can’t sail around with 2 or 3 in fleet.  It’s honestly bullshit.  

And maybe to prevent P2W we can limit players to one country too.........oh hang on a minute :rolleyes:

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Roadkill said:

And maybe to prevent P2W we can limit players to one country too.........oh hang on a minute :rolleyes:

I’m not sure I get your insinuations.

Players should be allowed to change nations, it’s not P2W.  Most MMOs have similar features that require in game purchases.  Every 30 days is a bit often though.  

Nation changing is good for the game overall, it allows players to play where and how they want.  Larger nations like GB of the US are cesspools of toxic players due to different goals and egos.  One might say we took Bensalem because of a lack of support.  

Frankly I think nations or the nation mindset needs to be dropped all together in this game and simply used as a backdrop for new and casual players.  Think of nations as a starting race. Everything else is clan based, time to go the whole nine yards and allow clans to break off away from nation politics and RPers

Edited by Christendom

1 hour ago, Christendom said:

I’m not sure I get your insinuations.

Players should be allowed to change nations, it’s not P2W.  Most MMOs have similar features that require in game purchases.  Every 30 days is a bit often though.  

Nation changing is good for the game overall, it allows players to play where and how they want.  Larger nations like GB of the US are cesspools of toxic players due to different goals and egos.  One might say we took Bensalem because of a lack of support.  

Frankly I think nations or the nation mindset needs to be dropped all together in this game and simply used as a backdrop for new and casual players.  Think of nations as a starting race. Everything else is clan based, time to go the whole nine yards and allow clans to break off away from nation politics and RPers

I agree with you on most of what you say there.  I'd be all for dropping nations simply because clans are much more aligned to each other than nations.  Fed up with the cycle of 'nobody's doing anything'.......'well let's do something'.......'it's not in the nations interest'.  Too many people who do their fighting on nation chat but are never seen unless there is a free Victory Mark in it for them.  

I think RvR is being ignored at the moment and yet it is the best opportunity for mass PVP unless you like waiting around the capitals for new players because the good players don't seem to like fighting each other too often and are put off by the numbing boredom of hostility raising.

I'm pretty much in agreement with you......as for the 'insinuation' don't take it to heart.  I'm not aiming at the right to move country but P2W certainly encompasses having an alt in another nation.  Fighting in PBs for two nations and getting PVP marks and trade goods from seperate sources.  Anybody in this position is open to charges of hypocrisy when criticising P2W.  

36 minutes ago, Roadkill said:

I agree with you on most of what you say there.  I'd be all for dropping nations simply because clans are much more aligned to each other than nations.  Fed up with the cycle of 'nobody's doing anything'.......'well let's do something'.......'it's not in the nations interest'.  Too many people who do their fighting on nation chat but are never seen unless there is a free Victory Mark in it for them.  

I think RvR is being ignored at the moment and yet it is the best opportunity for mass PVP unless you like waiting around the capitals for new players because the good players don't seem to like fighting each other too often and are put off by the numbing boredom of hostility raising.

I'm pretty much in agreement with you......as for the 'insinuation' don't take it to heart.  I'm not aiming at the right to move country but P2W certainly encompasses having an alt in another nation.  Fighting in PBs for two nations and getting PVP marks and trade goods from seperate sources.  Anybody in this position is open to charges of hypocrisy when criticising P2W.  

Alts are a byproduct of the asinine resource distribution this game has.  Blame the devs, not the players IMO.  And yea I play in 2 nations, at least I'm upfront about it....unlike most.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Christendom said:

I’d prefer to have none of the P2W ships in PBs...ever.  Look at the Salina Point results.  Other side was almost all capped by requins.  I’m ok with the DLC ships out ruling and roaming the OW   

I’d also limit the amount of DLC ships you have TOTAL in your docks to 1 so people like Hethwill can’t sail around with 2 or 3 in fleet.  It’s honestly bullshit.  

I think Salina Point is the better of the 2 battles, it supports your point of view better than Alacranes does, In reality,  p2w 'super Dreadnaught's' will not do the game any good and with the end around of the numbers limit, people in general would take advantage, so yes, in that respect, your point is valid. It's just that the back story of Alacranes made your point less forcefully than Salina Point does, sometimes statistics and screenshots don't give a true picture of what actually happened and almost never why. It's not so much that I disagree, but, more a different perspective on the evidence submitted.

• Like 1

Alts are a byproduct of the asinine resource distribution this game has. 

*almost chokes of laughter*

... wait....wait...you really believe that to be true 😮

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Hethwill said:

*almost chokes of laughter*

... wait....wait...you really believe that to be true 😮

Yes.  If you're going to make witty off topic comments, at least elaborate on them.  I'd expect better as a moderator honestly.

30 minutes ago, Christendom said:

Yes.  If you're going to make witty off topic comments, at least elaborate on them.  I'd expect better as a moderator honestly.

Anything that isn't a screenshot is off topic in here 😉

• Like 3

On ‎7‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 6:56 AM, Christendom said:

It doesn't consider how many you have in your fleet. That is what needs to be changed. It thinks of those as not being under your direct control.

salina point pb. got flipped by rats, though none joined - even though there were still lots of them seen derping around MT, didnt seem to bother about the PB which was right on their doorstep. shame :)

So we did the only thing we could have done, mock silf for not owning a xebec.

G1VzoUk.jpg

Portillo PB.  Spain vs Pirates.  Pirate Victory

4b64b83db6cd88453f0a332fce38617f.jpg

Pirates showed their tenacity for refusing to organize and even as the battle started we didn't have a roster or know what ships were coming.  Managed to fill it up with some alts there at the end with some leftover BR.  Barents managed to kill the requin with a MB which is probably a first.

GF boys.

• Like 1

Pirates showed their tenacity for refusing to organize and even as the battle started we didn't have a roster or know what ships were coming.  Managed to fill it up with some alts there at the end with some leftover BR.  Barents managed to kill the requin with a MB which is probably a first.

GF boys.

can we remove DLC ships from PBs yet?

😝

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Christendom said:

GF boys.

So you fight spain with your pirate main? And gb with your spanish alt? (Christendomtoo)