Game-Labs Forum

monk33y

21 minutes ago, Eleazar de Damas said:

I'm not sure this was a "great battle"...

Yeterday evening, the French PB fleet in Carupano was intercepte by the Swedish PB Fleet. Only the light ships could initially enter the PB (initially 1 Surprise + 2 Prince). But we tried it. And we won… :):):) 

"Les cons, ça ose tout, c'et même à ça qu'on les reconnait" (Michel Audiard)

"Cunts dare anything, this is the best way to recognise them" (Michel Audiard)

I think this topic is for Great Battle Results. Ok, i understand that this is great battle for French.

• Like 1

was just minding my business trying to cap a couple AI when one had a bunch of white oak in the hold, decided to sail it back to saint marys.  Nice US gank fleet waiting on the edge of the zone decided to come out and play.  

At least they got my poor trader.....

pro tip - use determined defender

6b1c73ebd4cf7a0daadd8f89601f60a1.png

Edited by Christendom
  • Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Battle of Carriacou

Russia vs GB

Not a great battle per se, as the brits wanted to kite the entire time like usual. After the fort had saved them on two (three?) previous attempts, this time we took no chances, and brought 3 mortar brigs.

The battle was close - on time/points - but pretty decisive in terms of the action.

Edited by Anolytic
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, Anolytic said:

brits wanted to kite the entire time like usual

Instead of just playing the boarding mini-game the entire time as usual?

We didn't deserve to win so no complaints. We made some mistakes, the worst being not spending the 5M reals worth of Madagascar Jewels we stole to buy 1777 Muskets! :)

At least the 4th rates had a bit of a fight and fired some cannons on occasion, so I enjoyed it.

gg

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Hullabaloo said:

Instead of just playing the boarding mini-game the entire time as usual?

We only went for the boarding minigame as a plan-B because your 1st rates split up and after previous experiences trying to pin down the british fleet we came better prepared this time. You can't really blame us for resorting to boarding when your 1st rates refused to fight 2v2 despite being heavier.

• Like 1

Ignoring the Troll

@Anolytic Yes, a legitimate tactic. Boarding mods exist so why not use them? PB mechanics are as they are so why not kite? Neither are much fun though that's the only point I was trying to make. Upgrade decided PB and to cap L'Ocean in 2 rounds seems a bit extreme but that's a discussion for elsewhere and neither are a criticism of you guys. You deserved to win.

You had a better fleet comp too I think. I had little choice but to kite cos I was 1 v 2 against the aggas most of the time. Like I said, I still enjoyed it though and I learned a bit from it.

• Like 1

@Anolytic It was a good fight, and you won with 3 min to go! Anyway we defend for the 7th time, with no screeners as usual, joining in port! 

You had the wind from the beginning, and its a big advantage (good for you you joined the better way possible)!

I don't understand what you have to complain about, you won and this is a fact!

You can't complain with us if the game mechanics provide the possibility of kiting, as I don't complain about OP muskets with which your first rates were fitted!

For the child who loves to cry: now the only thing you do is comment and complain on what others are doing ... and you do it as usual without any common sense.

Keep crying my dear "cry baby" srupl!

• Like 7

15 hours ago, Banished Privateer said:

Blame muskets and boarding while golden LO/WO with full thickness 1st rates run away entire PB lol, that was really boring to watch the video (with no offence for the Russian side). 

when mechanics are what they are, i think it's difficult to expect an amazing port battle when there are only 14 ships (5 mortars...) in the pb...but i can be wrong...

defenders "jouent la montre" and it's understanble.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Banished Privateer said:

I for once have to find you in an actual battle Cabral other than game chat and forums :)  I'm always happy to 1v1 and you know that. Once you clear your keyboard, feel free to message me so we might have some fun in a duel.

If you think a duel in game will change what I and others think about you, you are very mistaken.

I would never waste my time ingame with you. You want to gain some respect? Change your attitude.

Edited by Cabral
  • Like 4