Game-Labs Forum

13 hours ago, Fenris said:

WO/BLANC clans have mostly americans and canadians in their clan no? so, no big deal... We shall see how long your enthusiasm will last ;)

Nothing is more satisfying when a bored superpower(Sweden), has a designated village idiot(France), which can be dragged out of closet, just to practice fleet fighting or give him beating, for fun :rolleyes:

Just to remember the dude in that closet, he can always be pulled out, get spanked, and put him back. So he might learn one day, where he belongs ;)

Can't tell if gay joke or just incomprehensible analogy.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, vazco said:

AFULxbO.jpg

@HachiRoku thanks for a great battle :) 

I know you think I am salty man but I am really annoyed with this battle and I did not enjoy it. You were loosing in every way and "won" by doing the exact things I criticise about the  combat system all the time. 

1. Random wind shifts in battle that give people a random advantage that has nothing to do with skill. You got the better tag and after me taking the wind again it shifts in your favor....

2. kitting to get repairs to balance the odds again and using up a my long guns double ball basically. I say it alot. Limited munitions to unlimited repairs makes no sense. 

You had mast mods, my charged was limited, you had carros, my double was limited. Its a tactic I criticized many times as being to forgiven. 

3. Chains being so powerfull at short range that the long gun advantage over the carro is basically not there.

4. Complete luck. You had no intention to fight me after I basically beat you. You were trying to escape and with your luck of that random wind shift you had a major advantage on choosing when to fire your chain. 

What annoys me the most for the first time in my life playing this game I lost a battle to not one but many random things I had 0 influence over. I beat you in every aspect of that battle and still lost to 1 chainshot that was planned to be your escape chain but you took 35% damage and won the battle because of kitting. Look at it like this. How many mistakes did you do in this battle and how many did I do? Do you feel like you beat me? 

2 hours ago, HachiRoku said:

I know you think I am salty man but I am really annoyed with this battle and I did not enjoy it. You were loosing in every way and "won" by doing the exact things I criticise about the  combat system all the time. 

1. Random wind shifts in battle that give people a random advantage that has nothing to do with skill. You got the better tag and after me taking the wind again it shifts in your favor....

2. kitting to get repairs to balance the odds again and using up a my long guns double ball basically. I say it alot. Limited munitions to unlimited repairs makes no sense. 

You had mast mods, my charged was limited, you had carros, my double was limited. Its a tactic I criticized many times as being to forgiven. 

3. Chains being so powerfull at short range that the long gun advantage over the carro is basically not there.

4. Complete luck. You had no intention to fight me after I basically beat you. You were trying to escape and with your luck of that random wind shift you had a major advantage on choosing when to fire your chain. 

What annoys me the most for the first time in my life playing this game I lost a battle to not one but many random things I had 0 influence over. I beat you in every aspect of that battle and still lost to 1 chainshot that was planned to be your escape chain but you took 35% damage and won the battle because of kitting. Look at it like this. How many mistakes did you do in this battle and how many did I do? Do you feel like you beat me? 

Great story! 😭😭😭😭 

"i was better but still lose"

giphy.gif

Edited by Ketunpoika
  • Like 4

Just now, Ketunpoika said:

Great story! 😭😭😭😭 

"i was better but still lose"

oh I have no doubt he will agree :) 

Just now, Ketunpoika said:

giphy.gif

well considering you quote me you care. You see I make 4 points on what I consider flaws in the combat system. I have pointed them out before this battle happend. You come spamming this topic with stuff that is irrelevant to battle results. This thread is about battles and how we won/lost them.  @Hethwill can you please delete this trolls comments? 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, ScipioTortuga said:

can we have a screenshot from the La Orchila portbattle and the La Blanquila portbattle? just interested how it went

both empty, nothing to see and i already answered your question, at least for La Blanquila

3 minutes ago, Roronoa said:

both empty, nothing to see and i already answered your question, at least for La Blanquila

ow okay sorry, didnt see your answer. (qoute didnt show up in notifications, kinda weird)

but if they were empty, why were they flipped?

Edited by ScipioTortuga

Thx for a nice battle (Pirate was a spectator)

begGhly.jpg

Tomorrow I'll upload a video :) 

• Like 3

On 5/11/2018 at 12:56 PM, HachiRoku said:

What annoys me the most for the first time in my life playing this game I lost a battle to not one but many random things I had 0 influence over. I beat you in every aspect of that battle and still lost to 1 chainshot that was planned to be your escape chain but you took 35% damage and won the battle because of kitting. 

I had no mast mods and I was in a throwaway Trinco with mods set for mast sniping, which I didn't do. It was a ship to sink in a gank around Gustavia. 

You say my chain was pure luck, while I planned this salvo for 4 minutes :) If wind didn't change, the result would be the same. 

I wanted for you to think you already won, and you did. 

Talking about strategy you criticize - when you saw you're losing, you went for mast sniping, which I didn't do despite having mods for it. 

If you think you lost due to luck, let's agree to disagree. Sometimes you win, sometimes you loose.

Right now we had 4 battles (one of them 2 vs 2). You won and lost two. 

Don't get me wrong, I know you are still better than me in a few maneuvers and in mast sniping :) I learned a lot from our last fight. 

Edited by vazco
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, vazco said:

I had no mast mods and I was in a throwaway Trinco with mods set for mast sniping, which I didn't do. It was a ship to sink in a gank around Gustavia. 

You say my chain was pure luck, while I planned this salvo for 4 minutes :) If wind didn't change, the result would be the same. 

I wanted for you to think you already won, and you did. 

Talking about strategy you criticize - when you saw you're losing, you went for mast sniping, which I didn't do despite having mods for it. 

If you think you lost due to luck, let's agree to disagree. Sometimes you win, sometimes you loose.

Right now we had 4 battles (one of them 2 vs 2). You won and lost two. 

Don't get me wrong, I know you are still better than me in a few maneuvers and in mast sniping :) I learned a lot from our last fight. 

The reason I know it was not your intention is because you got yourself stuck in the wind ;) 

37 minutes ago, HachiRoku said:

The reason I know it was not your intention is because you got yourself stuck in the wind ;) 

I was countering your chain, expecting you can do the same to my sails what I did to yours. I also had a free broadside into you after chaining, why change position? :)

Anyway, we can repeat our fights whenever you like :) I expect you will win more than loose, there are only so many ways I can surprise you :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, vazco said:

I was countering your chain, expecting you can do the same to my sails what I did to yours. I also had a free broadside into you after chaining, why change position? :)

Anyway, we can repeat our fights whenever you like :) I expect you will win more than loose, there are only so many ways I can surprise you :)

sounds like you guys need to do another one. my popcorn is well salted with this convo. im lovin it 

• Like 1

In what was perhaps the largest array Hercs in a PB yet on the server, the US had a fight with the Brits tonight at Harbor Island.  Resulted in a Brit weenie roast in and outside the port.  Unfortunately we capped all 3 circles again and ended the battle way too quickly and I think our screeners prevented some of their fleet in.

Thanks for coming out boys!

US Caller - @Sir Texas Sir

Dunno about the Brits

F4CE8FC40C40BD3980CB6D27D3C5C9B16AB28AF7

Edited by Christendom
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, OneEyedSnake said:

sounds like you guys need to do another one. my popcorn is well salted with this convo. im lovin it 

There was another one after the one we were discussing, however 2 vs 2 - so doesn't count :) Video below:

Sorry for sound :) 

btw, it's best to watch at 1.5 speed.

Edited by vazco
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, vazco said:

There was another one after the one we were discussing, however 2 vs 2 - so doesn't count :) Video below:

Sorry for sound :) 

btw, it's best to watch at 1.5 speed.

i like the hachi escape 🤣

28 minutes ago, OneEyedSnake said:

i like the hachi escape 🤣

Smart move. Why lose a ship ?