PB for Fort Baai

Good training before the influx of Chinese players :D

Screen from british players:

large_111.png.0989fd8868994efa8a858548e5a8c162.png

Screen from Swedish, Pirates, Danish, Polish players:

large_222.png.f00421b96c3bfb161f2aa69bacbdfea9.png

Port Battle:

large_333.png.08282f418f8a68043dccf1e5c8c37109.png

All enemy screeners lost ships, Thanks for Prussian players and players from Russian empire.

Waiting for screenshots from Banished and Analytic

and thanks for battles.

Russian empire can unite people :D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Captain Reverse said:

Waiting for screenshots from Banished and Analytic

Though outnumbered our battle vs the Polish screeners isn't quite worthy of immortalization in this topic. We were hoping the Swedish screeners would join them for support.

I do however have a video of Reverse leading the celebrations in Bermuda afterwards:

Edited by Anolytic
  • Like 3

Good little scrap up at Little River tonight.  

Lionshaft commanding for the US fleet and myself for the Pirates.  We had a little mishap with a dude getting tagged in his third rate and then had to scramble a replacement a couple mins in.  Good MB duel there at the fort.  Unfortunately they let us have the wind the entire time and we just herded them in and sunk one by one.  Not really sure what their plan was, seems like they didn't have one.

b06ac4b3044f3959be7b7ea968f65602.jpg

Edited by Christendom
  • Like 5

4 hours ago, Captain Reverse said:

Russian empire can unite people

Banished is united with you for some time now, his lips on your behind. I wish I had fans like you have.  Congrats for the port battle   😄

Edited by Cabral
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Christendom said:

Good little scrap up at Little River tonight.  

Not really sure what their plan was, seems like they didn't have one.    

How was this a good little scrap? Just curious, cuz to me it looks like those unbalanced lopsided wins in WoT that are no fun at all.

3 hours ago, van der Decken said:

How was this a good little scrap? Just curious, cuz to me it looks like those unbalanced lopsided wins in WoT that are no fun at all.

Even BR in a straight brawl, circles and points irrelevant. All brawling ships, nobody was fir/fir (at least hopefully not...); 24 hours to assemble a fleet for us, more for them because they were the attackers and had all the time they wanted to plan what and who to bring.

The only reason you can call it 'lopsided' is because we played smarter and our guys who got beat up could fall back; we denied them that ability, keeping constant pressure on them till they sunk or got boarded (boarding Pavel FTW).

US has been asking for an even battle with the Pirates for a while now (they usually insinuate that we have low skill and can't win without some sort of advantage...despite many examples to the opposite).....they got one and this is the result. 

Was fun, enjoyed it, hopefully they'll consider our offer to do more arranged fights in agreed-upon ship classes. 

• Like 2

They showed up in force - had a BUNCH of screeners out there and forced us to join closer to the docks than we would of liked.  They could of used this to their advantage, but did not.  They waited while our MB killed their MB and then decided to engage us, but they did at least try for the brawl so I give them credit.  They need to do more of these types of fights if they want to get better.  Their usual 17 on 3 coast guard battles do not do them any favors.

2 hours ago, Angus MacDuff said:

I would be very aggressive and drive in hard for the kill if I knew he couldn't just magically repair the damage I inflict.  I guess I do that anyway, but it enrages me that he can kite/escape or delay me till he feels he can come back.  I suppose my style is a disadvantage here

Reading historical reports from many naval battles of this era, you will find it often that damaged ships in massive battles would disengage for repairs. Certainly, not to the extent this game offers, but I consider it more fun to survive a little longer to have more fun game time. 

On 1/1/2019 at 10:31 PM, Banished Privateer said:

image.thumb.png.cb7fec49e79d80e33c2142e17b7805ef.png

This battle started as 6v1, Brits were ganking Dinark, look at his 4 kills and assists, we joined very late:

image.thumb.png.f939d1dd61ad88af07e8550e8bff30ad.png

Looks like having more DLC ships equals more wins....and that the Surprise is nowhere near a "Herc Equalizer" as many people tried to say.

10 minutes ago, Banished Privateer said:

I used Surprises a lot in Patrol alongside Ram Dinark, feels good enough to sink Hercs.

Its not a fair comparison talking about you and Ram or some of the other Alohas.  You guys are very experienced and proficient.  An average player of my skill in a Herc can beat the same level of player in a Surprise.

7 minutes ago, Banished Privateer said:

Let me put that in other words, Ram Dinark was fighting 1v6 against all these Brits using Surprise. Even if he sank (we joined when he was down to 30% structure), he still got all 4 kills + assist. I don't use Surprises atm as I need to craft them and I'm lazy. I just redeem Herc and go PvP, easy and makes me happy. If I had Surprise DLC, I would use it in patrol as well.

It's easy to get credit for multiple kills just by being the first to knock more dmg on each ship than anyone else. But, I'm certain you have crafter friends who would offer you Surprises for free on a daily basis. It would be interesting to YT watch skilled captains do a Herc vs Surp battle and then switch ships.

1 minute ago, Banished Privateer said:

I agree Herc needs a nerf, but statements that Surprises are bad or not making shallow PvP better etc are wrong. Better to fight Hercs on Surprises than Mercuries.

For sure, but I didnt say Herc should be nerfed!!! It should be better than Surprise simply because it's more agile.  Much like Snow against Hvy rattle.  A well handled Snow can dismantle any other 6th rate.

26 minutes ago, rediii said:

Chinese numbers are unlimited.

260px-World_population_percentage.png

Chinese have ~800mil internet users, similar to Europe (~700 mil). NA still has India to tackle. Even if most of their users don't have conditions to play NA, it's a large market.

If GL prepare their marketing well, we will have "chinese scourge" in NA, similar to ATLAS. Good :)

[EDIT] One of data sources:
https://www.internetworldstats.com/stats.htm

Edited by vazco
Link to data
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Captain Reverse said:

they dont know about NA)

yes, and if they knew ......they would wonder where the ships are...

the only ships they knew of where.....Portuguese and  Dutch ships.

and NAVAL Action does not have Dutch ships .....do they!

the Chinese,...they call NA science fiction atm

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Macau

Hongs_at_Canton.jpg

Edited by Thonys
  • Like 1

Last night Anolytic and 2 of his mates caught me trying to enter Cajoro with my L'Ocean. After a few failed broadsides on my part and realizing their Vic, Buc, and Pavel were just going to make things too difficult to come out victorious, I turned hard into the wind and decided to save my men and dignity by surrendering right as Anolytic's Vic came in for a board.

Tonight sailing outside Mitara Bay, none other than Anolytic caught me again....but this time he was alone in his Herculese and I in my Trincomalee with a Cerberus in fleet. We attacked his sails with chain. After a bit of sail damage on all three of us, I switched to ball and finally made a beautiful dismasting of his missen mast. Soon after, he close hauled and took off. Sadly, I could not continue the pursuit. A most enjoyable battle, @Anolytic, I know you were just toying with me. :)

I was quite surprised to see a 2 masted Herc have more speed than a damaged 3 masted Trinc: his sails at 32%, mine at 53%. Seems something is wrong here with a DLC sailing profile. (Image is just before his escape.)
7u2GtMs.jpg

• Like 3

15 hours ago, van der Decken said:

I was quite surprised to see a 2 masted Herc have more speed than a damaged 3 masted Trinc: his sails at 32%, mine at 53%. Seems something is wrong here with a DLC sailing profile. (Image is just before his escape.)

AFAIK Anolytic is best at escaping in NA. His K/D ratio is 89. If you manage to score a kill on him, you can be proud.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, vazco said:

AFAIK Anolytic is best at escaping in NA. His K/D ratio is 89. If you manage to score a kill on him, you can be proud.

I've always admired Anolytic's abilities in NA. Hell, I was proud to surrender my L'Ocean to him. :D