Game-Labs Forum

monk33y

3 hours ago, Batman said:

raf,750x1000,075,t,353d77:4d8b4ffd91.u2.

Ça fait bcp de réponses de types qui ne sont pas intéressés par le post d'anolytic je trouve...c'est assez plaisant.

Perso quand je n'ai rien à secouer d'un post, je ne réponds pas.

Faut croire que certains n'arrivent pas à s'empêcher de répondre  pour se "sentir" exister sur un forum à la con dont le niveau n'a d'égal que celui du global.

Pour la traduction, vu que certains semblent avoir du temps à perdre à répondre à des trucs dénués d'intérêt à leurs yeux, allez donc perdre votre temps chez votre pote Google.

Ah oui la flemme de revenir en arrière, mais je crois que c'est Thonys qui nous disait qu'ils étaient venus nombreux et que nombre d'entre eux avaient coulé. Il parlait de qui? Car si on regarde le PvP leaderboard...lol?

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, Maculosa said:

Pour la traduction, vu que certains semblent avoir du temps à perdre à répondre à des trucs dénués d'intérêt à leurs yeux, allez donc perdre votre temps chez votre pote Google.

I don't need Google. Everybody speaks French.

You just need to talk a lot of meaningless bla bla, oui.

1 hour ago, Maculosa said:

Ça fait bcp de réponses de types qui ne sont pas intéressés par le post d'anolytic je trouve...c'est assez plaisant.

Perso quand je n'ai rien à secouer d'un post, je ne réponds pas.

Faut croire que certains n'arrivent pas à s'empêcher de répondre  pour se "sentir" exister sur un forum à la con dont le niveau n'a d'égal que celui du global.

Ah oui la flemme de revenir en arrière, mais je crois que c'est Thonys qui nous disait qu'ils étaient venus nombreux et que nombre d'entre eux avaient coulé. Il parlait de qui? Car si on regarde le PvP leaderboard...lol?

Well said.

1 hour ago, Banished Privateer said:

Hercules beaten and chased off by a Surprise. The ship needs a speed nerf, because it's superior speed and huge cannons allow it kiting, demasting and running away all the time. Engaging the ship is never possible really. The ship is faster than "teak" Surprise at all angles, has bigger guns, better turn rate and is very tanky and hard to hit "small". It still need slight HP / Mast HP nerf, because it has the same mast HP as Surprise & thickness, but Surprise masts are much bigger while it's very hard to hit tiny masts of Hercules. Hope @admin can notice that objective feedback and tested in practice/combat. 

unknown.png

URGENT, URGENT, URGENT- is to be processed immediately by the DEVS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Really the Hercules is better than the Surprise? What a surprise! I heard they should also be better than other ships (also much larger ships). Can not confirm that from my own experience. But of course, first you should revise the Herc for the Surprise. I think Bannished's concern should take precedence. And if anyone wonders what this problem has to do with the "Great Batlle Results", may he please clarify again who wrote this post.

-------German------

Wirklich die Hercules ist besser als die Surprise? Was für eine Überraschung! Habe gehört sie soll auch besser sein als andere Schiffe (auch deutlich größere Schiffe) sein. Kann das aber nicht aus eigener Erfahrung bestätigen. Aber klar, zuerst sollte man die Herc im Hinblick auf die Surprise überarbeiten. Ich denke, Bannished sein Anliegen sollte Vorrang haben. Und wenn sich jemand fragt, was dieses Problem bei den "Great Batlle Results" zu suchen hat, der möge sich bitte noch einmal verdeutlichen wer diesen Post geschrieben hat.

Edited by Hellmuth von Mücke

5 minutes ago, Banished Privateer said:

So much sarcasm in a single post. I know you love your gold quality Hercules Hellmuth and I do like sailing the ship as well, but it's wise to be objective, not biased on such topics. What does it have to do with great battle results? Surprise beats Hercules, which is sadly "outstanding" at the current game state and I posted a screenshot of a battle result. I have yet to see more screenshot like that with good players on both sides (not noobs on Hercules dying to Pickle). My extra comments simply sum up the battle, nothing more and nothing less. 

Maybe your concerns should take precedence? Let us know how Surprise performs compared to Hercules and how does that influence the game, I'm all ears.

Maybe a fight with a Herc and a Surprice was better places in small battles/duel. But ofc it could have been a epic battle. That we can’t see from a ss. 

2 minutes ago, Banished Privateer said:

Well, "great battle results" is not the just a place for big battles. Duels and small battles can be still great battles. This one battle lasted over one hour. Hercules took downwind position with its superior speed and kept turning left and right trying to demast me and angling from my broadsides thanks to its superior turn rate. Pretty much it dictates everything in the fight. I had to chain him down to 50% sails so I could start should his hull and he was still unordinary fast and turning quickly angling away from my broadsides. I got him down to 50% structure but he used rig repairs and pulled away with a speed of about 14-14.5 knots. 

And didn’t I agree with you? You thought it was a great battle. Then it is in the right place.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Banished Privateer said:

Hercules beaten and chased off by a Surprise. The ship needs a speed nerf, because it's superior speed and huge cannons allow it kiting, demasting and running away all the time. Engaging the ship is never possible really. The ship is faster than "teak" Surprise at all angles, has bigger guns, better turn rate and is very tanky and hard to hit "small". It still need slight HP / Mast HP nerf, because it has the same mast HP as Surprise & thickness, but Surprise masts are much bigger while it's very hard to hit tiny masts of Hercules. Hope @admin can notice that objective feedback and tested in practice/combat. 

unknown.png

I knew you'd post this shit in the forum, so predictable....

But, some things need more details:

1- You knew beforehand that I had almost no repairs (in fact I had 2 for rigs and 1 for hull)

2- You chained at the beggining like there was no tomorrow.....

3- You were at a point lower than me in HP, but you chose the perfect moment of the battle to take the screenshoot (you with 100% sails and I still reparing)

4- As you chained at the beggining you didn't have more chain and I did, so deal with it.

5-  You called more people to chase an hercules with no repairs and failed to catch me.

So after 3 battles I could escape and you are ungry, deal with it. You call everybody ganker and you do this exactly all the time.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Banished Privateer said:

So much sarcasm in a single post. I know you love your gold quality Hercules Hellmuth and I do like sailing the ship as well, but it's wise to be objective, not biased on such topics. What does it have to do with great battle results? Surprise beats Hercules, which is sadly "outstanding" at the current game state and I posted a screenshot of a battle result. I have yet to see more screenshot like that with good players on both sides (not noobs on Hercules dying to Pickle). My extra comments simply sum up the battle, nothing more and nothing less. 

Maybe your concerns should take precedence? Let us know how Surprise performs compared to Hercules and how does that influence the game, I'm all ears.

@Banished Privateer for your own documents

I lost my golden Hercules in front of Nassau when I responded to a call for help from ALOHA and supported you in the mission area. But dont worry, was only a DLC ship

Last time I fought a decent player in a Hercules with my Surprise, I vowed to never do it again. My very light teak/cedar Surprise was only a tiny bit faster than his teak/wo?? (felt like that) Hercules, and he was at 80% sails while I was 100%. 

The entire fight consisted of me taking his main mast (rather challenging, given his toothpick-thin masts), him taking my foremast (5 hits with carros is easy to do on masts as big as Surprise's), me ramming off his bowsprit, throwing a broadside or two from range (I had long 9s he had 32 carros) and pulling away to repair, taking pot shots at masts as I could. Then I'd move back in, ram off his bowsprit again, another broadside or two and pull away. To be at a range where my long 9s would pen, I was still in the pen-range of his 32s. Thats thanks herpaderp Hercules hull thickness + turn rate that makes landing hits at range a joke.

So it was his repairs vs mine. His reps did a little more than mine did, but not by much. Fortunately, I never sail with less than 1 full battle's worth of reps, plus a little extra, so I could play the repair spam as long as we wanted to.

Finally, after about 45 minutes or so, I decided to just leave because there was no point in staying. I either stay, maybe win and get 9 PvP marks and an unremarkable screenshot and he loses nothing of value; or I stay and end up losing a very nice 4/5 Surprise because eventually he's gonna wise-up and snap a mast with one broadside and finish the last bit of my weak side with his other broadside. Either outcome is a lose/lose for me (I don't need the marks). Fortunately for me, Surprise's 90° profile came through and I *just* managed to pull away (he was missing his bowsprit). He was kind enough to not bother constant tagging with ball at max range and we sailed away with a salute.

FEDA5E5A6FC19E599CA48AB607A73CEB74F20BD4

His HP wasn't much better than mine for much of the fight, but broadside-for-broadside, he did more damage than I could. Note my missing foretopgallant and royal, courtesy of my mast being taken and then repaired.

All that said and done, as much as I enjoy Surprise, I have a hard time justifying sailing her (or any other 9pd frigate these days [unless its a disposable build]) because the masts are just so flimsy. Look at them wrong and they fall overboard.

Now, if I can manage to get a 5/5 Surprise, I can double-stack Elite French Rig and Kiritimati Masts and then she'd be viable for PvP, but at that point, the other 3 slots have to go to speed, and the build is already gonna have to be pretty light so I'm not a slow tub.

So, much as it Surprises (hehe puns :D) me, I agree with @Banished Privateer here. #buffSurprise

A note, I'm not salty I couldn't beat the guy in this fight; I'll admit, I tagged him expecting an easy mark farm off some noob who bought the DLC, but instead I got a fun little fight, even if it did point out some glaring issues regarding what was my once-favorite little frigate.

• Like 3

Herc vs surprise is for a different discussion thread but I firmly believe the Herc has made the cerberus, the renomee, and the surprise completely obselete. There is not much of a reason to be sailing those 3 ships instead of a herc unless you don't own the herc dlc.

• Like 5

11 hours ago, rediii said:

221183448E4C49A213BC4EF9D0AE808388EB657A

Into the lago, hostility at perija and out again, we thought we die but we didnt. :) Guess we lost 2 1st rates because liam is a noob and had to play pubg when we sailed out together :D

Wow, nice battle! I wish there was a video :)

4 hours ago, Banished Privateer said:

1. Funny, if you had 2 rigs, how did you repair your sails from 50% to 100% 4 times? If you had 1 hull rep, how did you repair your hull 2 times? Your numbers seem to be very off. You used repair every 13 minutes in this fight.

2. Yea, I chained you because you were just kiting. That's all you did. Sail away, shoot masts, sail away, shoot masts. I guess it was logical step to do?

3. I took the screenshot when I knew I'm not catching you. I had less HP at one point, but yet 100% sails. At one point you had 50% stfucture and I had more HP, so? 

4. Chain is not the reason why I couldn't chase you, your ship was faster at 80% thsn mine at 100%

5. I don't think that's related to the battle. I called 1 guy to help me tag you again and chase. "more people" is illogical lol

1-  I repaired sails, then hull and then sails again. Your numbers are wrong. Even in the last sail repair I didn't have a full repair but as I was at 88% it was enough

2-  I wasn't kitting. I was playing my cards and trying to demast you... Is there anything wrong in playing that way or the only thing I should do is give you a perfect angle to shoot at me? You make me laugh

3- Yeah, perfect moment eh? What a coincidence....lol

4- My ship might have been faster because I didn't have repairs? Have you thought about that? With last sail repair I had 0, nothing....only some rum.

5- You can say whatever you want but I was chased by you, another prussian and a brit, probably an alt..... Or you just deny that? 

I played my cards, you played yours and I escaped because it was the only thing I could do. Deal with it and next time might be diferent...

• Like 1