Game-Labs Forum

monk33y

The Admiral was standing on the shore, worried what will happen tonight.

- How many 1st rates we lost yesterday?
- Eight, I believe, sir...

We don't have enough to even fill it up - he realised. Russian fleet was coming. On the way to attack our brand new home.
We just moved here few days back, some of the shipyards were not even finished yet... And yet, we already had to defend it.

Russian Empire came in a huge number. Allied ships tried their best, but they couldn't fight such power, so a big group of lineships managed to get through.

- Scouts confirmed there are eight hostile 1st rates incoming, Sir!
- And we have just 7... With some Captains not experienced yet in this ship class... Doesn't seem good. Scramble the small ships, and let's try our best...

Bit more about a yesterday battle :) Other nations probably wouldn't bother, but we are still Young on getting victories in PB, and especially against experienced clans.

Thanks to screening, Russian fleet did not fulfilled whole BR - with 3 Santisima's and 5 L'Oceans, they still had space for a Victory or few smaller vessels (-525 BR to cap)
We also did not fill it up. We brought 7 L'Oceans, with assist of smaller vessels, beeing down by -455 points. The other problem was some Captains did not unlocked slots on the ship yet. After all, we decided it's better to die in combat than surrender. So we did fight.

After all, the battle was 4785 BR vs 4715, with 60 points on our advantage.

Knowing, that we're much lower on the firepower, we decide to "hold tight and get some points!".

We formed double line, hoping one of the enemy ships will get trapped inside. As soon first ship came in the close range, we fired triple broadsides of chains instantly causing rigging shock. Left line turned left hanside, right line turned right handside, closing Russians in between. With sails down, and beeing fired from multiple ships, one of Russian's Santisima was already on edge of sinking. Quickly leaving the circle, giving us balance on LineShips in the brawl.

Small ships sailed around to capture 3rd point for us, hoping for a quick 1000 points.

The only problem to handle was to stay alive - so we get more points faster, then loosing them on lost ships. 

Actually, the battle was on edge of either winning or loosing. With just 100 points left, two 1st Rates were lost on our side, and 2 on Russian side. Flagship of the commander was already half the structure, and if it would go down, we probably end up on very edge of points - giving Russians another few minutes trying to sink more, and get the numbers advantage.

Luckily, we managed to hold it off, no more ships were lost, and we lived up to the day, when I did say something I never did hope to say before:

Commonwealth of Poland defeated BF...

Thanks for fight!

20180820212417_1.jpg

Edited by OjK
  • Like 11

5 hours ago, OjK said:

guys, you decorated everything too much. We were not going to even go to the PB. and did not prepare small ships and a group of PB. We were hoping to meet a big screen fleet. Since no one came, we still decided to go to the PB. If you watch the stream, you'll see that we did not even try to grab circles.
So relax or we can be offended and still come to seize the city.  Are u ready for this? 
But GF, i think we easy kill ur ships - but not.

• Like 6

@Captain Reverse We are aware of that, really!

It's like with a virgin - they enjoy their first experience just because they don't know better yet. 

For us it is still very fresh experience to win a Port Battle. Even if it's a bit given by enemy. 

I know, You know and probably most people know, that in full battle, if You'd decide to take the port, You'd have it. 

We are still about to loose dozens of ships before we'll be able to give a tough fight to such experienced clans like Yours! 

And to be honest, that's what we were happy about - that we did survive 30 minutes for 1000 points, and not loosing more 1st rates at that time then we were able to sink. 

I just wrote about it in bit more colors, just to make it less boring ;)

Thank You for a chance to get some experience from one of the most experienced clans! 

• Like 4

While the French were fighting the Russians, the Privateers of VCO plus one random pirate who was able to massacre crew with every stern rake (we may need to recruit him) decided to take it upon ourselves to join in the fray and meddle in the french vs us/rus affairs.

VCO_v_US_8_24_2018.png

We also got reports that the President had to leave the battle early to start his Twitter tirade for the upcoming day of news.

VCO_v_US_8_25_2018.png

And we somehow stopped a triple flip without us knowing? We came for PvP marks and to take revenge for @Christendom's Herc and Naval Clock. As we sail back, we can hear the cheers and jubilees of our Commander - I can probably say with certainty that our Leader feels he's been properly 'revenged.'

Until...next time? Remember, this all started because of JAGs and 7UP.

#thanksJAGS

Edited by Teutonic
  • Like 3

0B37045B69D8A4179F80E151DC322E88C1AC1DA4

Still looks better than this screenshot.  

It doesn’t take much skill to win a defensive hostility mission fight.  

It does take a lot of skill to just surrender at 4am after you got a port to 90% and failed to flip.  What a choke job.  At least we flipped the port.  And we didn’t have to get up 4am to just surrender ships.  

Sad

10 minutes ago, Christendom said:

0B37045B69D8A4179F80E151DC322E88C1AC1DA4

Still looks better than this screenshot.  

It doesn’t take much skill to win a defensive hostility mission fight.  

It does take a lot of skill to just surrender at 4am after you got a port to 90% and failed to flip.  What a choke job.  At least we flipped the port.  And we didn’t have to get up 4am to just surrender ships.  

Sad

It was late and 10 or more frogs was outside. 

1 hour ago, Christendom said:

So fight it while you had the advantage?  The decision makes zero sense.  Surely you could if caught 1 or 2 more in there.  

Koc was running the complete battle.  We surrenderd in the last min 

Edited by Christoph

11 minutes ago, Christendom said:

Not tying to steal UWS's thunder here, but this video is of the PB sunday up at San Jose

Watching this I feel like the herc is a good counter to the requin in PBs.  Too bad one is allowed in and not the other.  

you change your opinion daily

20 minutes ago, Christoph said:

you change your opinion daily

I'd prefer zero DLC ships in PBs as I've parroted here on the forums for weeks.  Hercs do seem like a natural counter to requins, it'd be nice to have them in shallow battles again IF we must have DLC ships in them.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Banished Privateer said:

It's not a counter, fleets would be 50% Requin, 50% Herc. They coop together very well, not counter each other.

They complement each other perfectly. 

But I think they should not be allowed in the PBs. 

• Like 1