Game-Labs Forum

monk33y

Port battle of Chinchorro 2018-03-10, Spanish Empire vs. British Empire

Commanders: JAGs (Spain) vs. ??? (Britain)

Outcome: Spanish victory

Spain did not give up on Chinchorro despite of last week's defeat. This time the Spanish fleet brought a Mortar Brig to eliminate the fortifications. British brought more Princes than last time.
Battle started with Spain taking circle B and destroying the first fort while the British captured the other 2 circles. A small British squadron was sent out to harras the Mortar Brig, but could not save the 2nd tower from destruction. Meanwhile, the Spanish main fleet engaged abandoning all circles to the more agile Britsh fleet. Spain sank a few British ships early on while losing the Mortar Brig, but the numerical advantage allowed the Spanish to take 2 circles and sink most of the remaining British fleet. 

Good fight! 07

A5C2FA1E036BFF413AA0E3979293EAA242A3E1E7

Edited by van Veen
  • Like 9

3 hours ago, van Veen said:

Port battle of Chinchorro 2018-03-10, Spanish Empire vs. British Empire

Commanders: JAGs (Spain) vs. ??? (Britain)

Outcome: Spanish victory

Spain did not give up on Chinchorro despite of last week's defeat. This time the Spanish fleet brought a Mortar Brig to eliminate the fortifications. British brought more Princes than last time.
Battle started with Spain taking circle B and destroying the first fort while the British captured the other 2 circles. A small British squadron was sent out to harras the Mortar Brig, but could not save the 2nd tower from destruction. Meanwhile, the Spanish main fleet engaged abandoning all circles to the more agile Britsh fleet. Spain sank a few British ships early on while losing the Mortar Brig, but the numerical advantage allowed the Spanish to take 2 circles and sink most of the remaining British fleet. 

Good fight! 07

A5C2FA1E036BFF413AA0E3979293EAA242A3E1E7

Good summary of the battle. Thanks for the fight guys.  Experience certainly played a huge part and we look forward to trying to get the port back ;)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Trash unworthy of the Sea said:

"Why should I join the losing side in PvP and lose the ship when you can join the winning prussian side in PvP and be safe and in for a easy win?" - coward mentality of 80% of players. 

I really hope I am wrong tho...

68430DCCDD17D090AEF2D4D26396B8B9B393A9D3

• Like 5

Port battle of Manataca 2018-03-12, Spain vs. Prussia

Battle Commanders: Jorge (Spain) vs. ??? (Prussia)

Result: Prussian victory

The battle started with the Spanish fleet approaching from Northwest and sending a single frigate towards the far eastern circle. The frigate was intercepted by a Prussian frigate and defeated. While the spanish Mortar Brig successfully destroyed Prussian coastal fortifications the Prussian main fleet intercepted. The ensueing brawl did not bring a clear decision. Prussia won the battle clearly on points. 

Good fight! o7

92EED56CDA7A892E4FA3A7C4F534307DD61932C7

Edited by van Veen
  • Like 4

14 hours ago, Imperator1 said:

68430DCCDD17D090AEF2D4D26396B8B9B393A9D3

Yeah, to be fair in this fight prussians were losing hard vs spanish / completely ganked and some other nations joined the winning / ganker side. If you had gotten an more even fight, prussians would have won easily sooooo... meh. My point still stands - people are cowards and join the winning team.

It's how prussians are usually killed from the battle result screens I have seen.... just like the germans in ww2 - can't beat them 1:1 ? Just throw more bodies at the problem.

The real reason Manataca was a prussian victory. I pulled the rest away from the port all by myself and died as a martyr.

B2AC337E66D3E585B269D6C92EA28788A3C8D2DD

NAH, just kidding, I came way too late to look for something (found it) near the port and sailed almost right into the hornets' nest :D Died for nothing. At least they arranged something for my birthday

Edited by Cecil Selous
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Cecil Selous said:

The real reason Manataca was a prussian victory. I pulled the rest away from the port all by myself and died as a martyr.

B2AC337E66D3E585B269D6C92EA28788A3C8D2DD

NAH, just kidding, I came way too late to look for something (found it) near the port and sailed almost right into the hornets' nest :D Died for nothing. At least they arranged something for my birthday

Spanish Armada ! Action!

@van Veen enjoyed our little frigate duel, though still cant figure out how I managed to catch up to your fir fir speed modded surprise in my teak wo belle poule, lol

Those smaller BR pbs are fun, room for a frigate or two to fight for the circles :) had you won the duel youd have easily captured both eastern circles and our fleet would have had a hard time getting back in time.

Same like your fleet wasnt able to get to the two circles because of wind.

Funny how much impact a frigate can have :)

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Liq said:

@van Veen enjoyed our little frigate duel, though still cant figure out how I managed to catch up to your fir fir speed modded surprise in my teak wo belle poule, lol

Those smaller BR pbs are fun, room for a frigate or two to fight for the circles :) had you won the duel youd have easily captured both eastern circles and our fleet would have had a hard time getting back in time.

Same like your fleet wasnt able to get to the two circles because of wind.

Funny how much impact a frigate can have :)

@Liq Yes, it's good fun having a real 1v1 in a port battle :)

I would have gotten away easily, but decided to make a last charge for a circle. It was clear from the wind direction and our position, this meant getting into a close range fight with you. I knew chances are low with a fir/fir in a 1v1. But by that time we were so low on points that I had to get a circle or die trying. The rest of the fleet couldn't do much being locked up downwind in the brawl. So it all depended on this duel in the end :) 

You got that "lucky" shot dismasting me and that put a nail into the coffin. I certainly could have made other decisions, e.g. seek the decision earlier or tack through the wind to return to the circle instead of jybing. Maybe I could have kept a larger distance to you like this. Against any other captain this is just a minor mistake, but you certainly know how to make use of even the smallest mistake. 

o7

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, van Veen said:

@Liq Yes, it's good fun having a real 1v1 in a port battle :)

I would have gotten away easily, but decided to make a last charge for a circle. It was clear from the wind direction and our position, this meant getting into a close range fight with you. I knew chances are low with a fir/fir in a 1v1. But by that time we were so low on points that I had to get a circle or die trying. The rest of the fleet couldn't do much being locked up downwind in the brawl. So it all depended on this duel in the end :) 

You got that "lucky" shot dismasting me and that put a nail into the coffin. I certainly could have made other decisions, e.g. seek the decision earlier or tack through the wind to return to the circle instead of jybing. Maybe I could have kept a larger distance to you like this. Against any other captain this is just a minor mistake, but you certainly know how to make use of even the smallest mistake. 

o7

You did fine but as you said Liq is at a higher level and any error against him can be definitive. 

3 hours ago, trashiiii said:

this was the worst PB I watched in recent months

gg

I am completely sure that you would have done better ... Even the wind would have turned in your favor every time :P

1 hour ago, van Veen said:

@trashiiii

Come on, rediii! From you I would have expected more constructive criticism. 

Please, don't let us die in ignorance. 

The reason why the loss happened against prussia is very clear, you guys spawned with the wind in your face at C point never being capable of getting any of the capture zones and not playing for the objective. When I seen this, I knew right then and there it was an easy victory we didn’t have to try for... the way you could have made things better is reverse the spawn locations according to the battles wind. You should have had the surprise and mortar brig engage C point and spawn the main fleet at B then giving you the wind to have to fight the defending fleet and control the objective. Not doing this allowed prussia to not even have to try for victory. Battle coms was just fun and games.