Game-Labs Forum

Policy on monopolizing certain resources with alts

Hello.

Can a developer/admin please inform me regarding this matter so I can avoid repercussion since I am unfamiliar with many of the rules in this game.

I have a situation; a player is threatening to report me on forum for "exploiting" just because I have monopolized 4 ports for a certain resource, and I buy every hour (yes I am on my laptop 10-12 hours everyday), and I have the estimated timing of their spawning, so I am upto date with the resource spawn in those 4 ports.

In addition to that, I am selling at a higher rate to make profit.

Yet this player is accusing me of exploiting since it is an alt that is monopolizing for our own nation. But can admin please clarify on this matter so we avoid any regulation breaking (I am 99% sure nothing is wrong here, but just to make sure)

Thanks for your time.

(Ps. instead of crying like baby, the people who cannot win competition of contracts/buying on time will have to try harder. I am breaking my  back to get my contracts on top first [cost me commission money too], and am staying active every minute just to have a fun & competitive trading experience - but now being accused of exploiting just because I am winning the competition and causing a sort of monopoly.. come on, that's not fair)

Edited by Cordoba
  • Like 3

The upset player should build some production buildings and sell to the market if they are so concerned about this.

(And I agree that the post should have probably been elsewhere---I am not sure where though).

Perhaps the mods can move this to a more appropriate subforum.

Edited by Chijohnaok

3 hours ago, Chijohnaok said:

The upset player should build some production buildings and sell to the market if they are so concerned about this.

(And I agree that the post should have probably been elsewhere---I am not sure where though).

Wut? It's not likely we are talking Bout hemp here. Obvious troll here

Is this a resource like Teak, to where you're hampering an entire nation to accrue money you have nothing to spend on, and there's no way for someone with enough time, money, and willpower to bypass your monopoly?

I don't know about cheating, but you seem like a terrible ally, if that's the case..

The usage of alts for trading in any way is not (as far as I know of) against the rules.

If it's a resource such as the crooked cedar for example; people must simply play the trading game.

I agree with @Wraith; Should be moved into the Economy section to allow for greater discussion.

I say contracts should only be able to be filled by players not NPC's.

Regarding alts, you will never be able to stop their use, people will always find ways round it. It has to be remembered as well that you have to fund the alts and with money not being as easy to make as it was before that can be difficult. They have to create a system where the alts have to be played actively to generate income, which is why I say they should not allow NPC's to fill contracts. As it currently stands if you have amassed enough money you can control the market and this becomes self sustaining with little input.

• Like 1

Alt´s wichunt is getting funny.

To start with what´s the different from a main and alt we pay for them the same $ and we play poth or all accounts.

So how do you want to handle this repay all the accounts pay´d for to be used as alts ? 

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Chijohnaok said:

Or just put up contracts - the price of the goods will increase and either become unprofitable or one party gives up the battle.

let everyone put contracts (maybe with a cap of one or two contracts) also in enemy ports (entering with smuggler flag on) and the problem is easily solved

Edited by victor
  • Like 1