Game-Labs Forum

White Peace - France-Denmark Trade Conflict ends

Teutonic

11 minutes ago, Davos Seasworth said:

Danmark and the Dutch have now had a long running deal with not a single issue occuring.

So, you're okay with them using (or asking) France to attack you?  Maybe supplying warships to such a cause?  That's really not an issue for you guys?  I'm neither saying this is true or not but you really don't understand what's going on.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indian_giver

Edited by Dharus

13 minutes ago, Davos Seasworth said:

You dont. You just cant be stupid. Danmark and the Dutch have now had a long running deal with not a single issue occuring. Everything was clearly stated and an open channel has occured because of the rebuilt relation between the two factions which has the potential to grow into something more in the future.

Wait for them to ask you to turn over the Maracaibo lake area to better protect you from the French!

Edited by Serk
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Davos Seasworth said:

You dont. You just cant be stupid. Danmark and the Dutch have now had a long running deal with not a single issue occuring. Everything was clearly stated and an open channel has occured because of the rebuilt relation between the two factions which has the potential to grow into something more in the future.

That's easy for you to say since there's a whole ocean between your nations and the Danes aren't making any secret deals with one of your clans to purposefully harm the rest of your nation. Also as far as I'm concerned this has nothing to do with you. You may be allies with the Danes but that doesn't make it okay to come into this thread to call others stupid.

5 minutes ago, Dharus said:

So, you're okay with them using (or asking) France to attack you?  Maybe supplying warships to such a cause?  That's really not an issue for you guys?  I'm neither saying this is true or not but you really don't understand what's going on.

Same could be said in return. Danes offering up warships, requesting attacks on Southern France, etc. It is known and none of which pertains to any current deals we have with the Danes.

4 minutes ago, Latron said:

That's easy for you to say since there's a whole ocean between your nations and the Danes aren't making any secret deals with one of your clans to purposefully harm the rest of your nation. Also as far as I'm concerned this has nothing to do with you. You may be allies with the Danes but that doesn't make it okay to come into this thread to call others stupid.

It does concern us when both Danmark and France has been trying to get us involved in their little feud. Not our fault you cant get the nations internal affairs in order. It also has a lot to do with us but you just focus on you I guess and not the global spectrum of the situation. Frankly, just go ahead and continue killing each other and pointing fingers. France has not shown any respect outside WO and ROVER towards the Dutch. The Dutch will continue to throw its support towards the Danes simply on the premise of our current agreements and for the fact that they have not gone and physically threaten our ships and ports.

2 minutes ago, Davos Seasworth said:

It does concern us when both Danmark and France has been trying to get us involved in their little feud. Not our fault you cant get the nations internal affairs in order. It also has a lot to do with us but you just focus on you I guess and not the global spectrum of the situation. Frankly, just go ahead and continue killing each other and pointing fingers. France has not shown any respect outside WO and ROVER towards the Dutch. The Dutch will continue to throw its support towards the Danes simply on the premise of our current agreements and for the fact that they have not gone and physically threaten our ships and ports.

Well, presumably it's in your interest to stoke this stuff for as long as possible.  Don't pretend to be an innocent bystander, LOL.  :D

6 minutes ago, Barbancourt (rownd) said:

Well, presumably it's in your interest to stoke this stuff for as long as possible.  Don't pretend to be an innocent bystander, LOL.  :D

Never said I was. It's politics :D

Looking long term I know that the only one that will be winning in any conflict between eastern nations is not in the East.

Edited by Davos Seasworth

17 minutes ago, Davos Seasworth said:

Believe it or not France is doing much better than it once was. ICS is still ICS but we're trying to improve relations with them, and the rest of the clans get along with each other very well. So when exactly have we been disrespectful to the Dutch? Sure there's a little RvR and OW PvP but I wouldn't call that disrespect.

Edited by Latron
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, Rabman said:

All of this because they want marks. Who knows when they will turn them over to Sweden and even if they will, what with the tacked on "when the alliance system comes out" clause they added to the original ICS deal. It's behavior that is not written in the agreement, and is clearly a violation of the agreement. Rather than trying to build a bridge of understanding, its more rhetoric. We can all be losers to GB if that's your preference @chailang

First, the port of agreement is Swedish, and they have the right to distribute it

Second, the Swedes wanted us to turn over the ports 

Third, the Swede can take it away from us at any time

• Like 2

I'm going to say this clearly and only once.

Cccp, your deal with the swedes is a separate deal and no one views that as silly or dumb. But our ceasefire that we double checked on you agreeing to it mentioned to not attack these ports and sweden should. So please understand that many believe that you are bending the rules and showing some rather distasteful actions.

Nonetheless, the ceasefire will be upheld by all French clans and it has been noted to all clans to not make any hostile actions in the game. A lot of folks are at the brink of chewing each other out here, I think it's best if both parties shut their mouths and decide on other folks to sink.

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, Rabman said:

All of this because they want marks. Who knows when they will turn them over to Sweden and even if they will, what with the tacked on "when the alliance system comes out" clause they added to the original ICS deal. It's behavior that is not written in the agreement, and is clearly a violation of the agreement. Rather than trying to build a bridge of understanding, its more rhetoric. We can all be losers to GB if that's your preference @chailang

The previous agreement was a misunderstanding. If you want to listen, I can tell you (my English is not very good Maybe I can't make myself clear 

It might be helpful to have Taurus post in here that the Swedes are ceding their claims to those ports to the Danes (or whatever the deal is) so there can be no misinterpretation of your intentions?

Also, feel free to send it in Chinese then Chailang -- we do have people that can help translate on our side possibly.

Edited by Arsilon

1 minute ago, Arsilon said:

It might be helpful to have Taurus post in here that they are ceding their claims to those ports to the Swedes maybe?

Also, feel free to send it in Chinese then Chailang -- we do have people that can help translate on our side possibly.

ok Thank you 

41 minutes ago, Davos Seasworth said:

Danes offering up warships, requesting attacks on Southern France, etc.

I was not aware of that. Hmmm.

29 minutes ago, Davos Seasworth said:

The Dutch will continue to throw its support towards the Danes

Okay, you're clearly using this thread to provoke France into attacking you.

I assume the plan is that if we attack you, then you can call in the Brits and it's another way to get us involved on the side of the Pirates.

There are much, much easier ways to get us on the side of the pirates. We would be 100% with the Pirates if not for @chailang who continues to provoke us.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Teutonic said:

I've had it up to here with you all.

Dutch, keep yourselves out of this thread.

French, keep yourselves out of this thread

Danes, keep yourselves out of this thread.

Will respect Teutonics wishes for everyone to remove themselves from the conversation. 

4 minutes ago, Arsilon said:

Well technically we are already at war with the Dutch since they attacked Port of Spain aren't we?

War was declared before by Teutonic and respective parties involved on the Dutch before we made a move on Trinidad.

Edited by Davos Seasworth

第一天:  法国人(BORK+ICS)攻击了我们的Indian。  我联系Eirl two询问情况 ,他说法国将会开一个会议讨论这个问题  (这时候是我们晚上12点

第二天: 我发现Eirl two删除了账号....  我们十分生气,认为是BORK和ICS赶走了他(误会已经消除),我们攻击了法国的港口和商船

不知道第几天:  BORK(条顿)和ICS(巴博萨)主动联系我们,他们都声称能代表法国,他们要求和平,我们发送了两份一样的协议,  他们都同意了

随后我们开始按照协议 帮助法国激活CM  但是我们的敌意总是被法国降低,  我们无法准确的控制敌意,导致了过早的生成了港口战斗(我们的错)

——————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

然后我们听说法国发生了内战 :ICS和其他CLAN内战  (我并不明白为什么会发生这种事情....)

BT和GT确实要归还法国 但是我们的船还在港口中没有撤退 想等待1-2天进行撤退

但是突然法国人再次袭击了我们的Indian.. 要求归还BT和GT.

我们确实准备要还给法国港口,但是这次突然袭击打破了和平协议,让我们不再想归还港口.(ICS一直承认这个和平协议到现在,并且一直保持良好的沟通,解决出现的问题)

之后还发生了和Duncan沟通出现问题,导致Duncan告诉了你们我们同意了和平

我再想想还有什么没有说到的

啊 还是不会用@

It's four in the morning, and I'm going to bed.

Edited by chailang
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, chailang said:

I repeat, this is our diplomacy with Sweden 

If you are unhappy, please go to Duncan 

My thoughts and only my thoughts.

If Leewards become Swedish soon I am happy

Bovenwind's could be Dutch home port.  Dutch in the North could be fun.

ICS - need to start helping France

Edited by Bach

56 minutes ago, chailang said:

第一天:  法国人(BORK+ICS)攻击了我们的Indian。  我联系Eirl two询问情况 ,他说法国将会开一个会议讨论这个问题  (这时候是我们晚上12点

第二天: 我发现Eirl two删除了账号....  我们十分生气,认为是BORK和ICS赶走了他(误会已经消除),我们攻击了法国的港口和商船

不知道第几天:  BORK(条顿)和ICS(巴博萨)主动联系我们,他们都声称能代表法国,他们要求和平,我们发送了两份一样的协议,  他们都同意了

随后我们开始按照协议 帮助法国激活CM  但是我们的敌意总是被法国降低,  我们无法准确的控制敌意,导致了过早的生成了港口战斗(我们的错)

然后我们听说法国发生了内战 :ICS和其他CLAN内战  (我并不明白为什么会发生这种事情....)

BT和GT确实要归还法国 但是我们的船还在港口中没有撤退 想等待1-2天进行撤退

但是突然法国人再次袭击了我们的Indian.. 要求归还BT和GT.

我们确实准备要还给法国港口,但是这次突然袭击打破了和平协议,让我们不再想归还港口.(ICS一直承认这个和平协议到现在,并且一直保持良好的沟通,解决出现的问题)

之后还发生了和Duncan沟通出现问题,导致Duncan告诉了你们我们同意了和平

我再想想还有什么没有说到的

啊 还是不会用@

It's four in the morning, and I'm going to bed.

我现在明白了是否要修复此问题并包括 ics?

For all those accusing ICS of choosing clan over nation... look at who's sabotaged the peace deals. Who attacked the Danes the previous two times the truces fell through? Even more, who was happy to gain Conquest Marks from Bridgetown and other port flips the Danes worked to set and then didn't attend? Who, after benefiting from this arrangement (and only after), then promptly attacked the Danes without warning? Who are now looking for any excuse to break the current peace (in this thread alone)? Given the history of attempted peaces falling through, I really wonder if this one will hold. Watch carefully to see who causes it to fall through if it does... I wonder if the guys getting worked up about the Danes taking Swedish territory until the Swedes can take it, have Conquest Mark income up there at stake that they don't want to lose very fast... makes me wonder who puts clan or personal interest above nation. After the first few battles with the Danes, ICS saw how pointless it was, and were willing to take a personal hit to end it, by paying the Danes the Indiamen they asked for to accept a truce. ICS, and not anyone else in France, paid that. Who else in France has been willing to take a personal hit, in exchange for something that in their opinion will help the nation, at cost to themselves?

From what I've seen and heard, ICS has and always has wanted to go after the Brits. The Dutch are fun, kudos to you guys. We saw the war with the Danes as a pointless distraction from the beginning, which distraction prevented France from having the concentrated force necessary to defend Haiti against the Brits. 

I get that people in the nation want different things. A lot want OW PvP, others are more into RvR. A couple traders and economists sailing around. I like Vllad's humorous post about the 4 types of NA players in another thread. Whatever we do to try to work with each other as a nation, we should try to work towards goals that accommodate each playstyle as much as possible.

Here's the big one: if someone disagrees with you, fine. Disagree all you want, argue all you want, I'm all for debate, but when it devolves in endless shouting and toxic personal attacks in nation, that makes people not want to play with you guys anymore. If we can learn to disagree without descending in hate and vitriol and actually act like adults, great. If not, bye.

Edited by Molecularbioguy
  • Like 2