Game-Labs Forum

I do not understand why my cannons aren't reloading

Quineloe

Unbenannt.thumb.png.1f1e9d39817da164539583027c0e7c28.png

My chasers are reloaded, so is my other broadside. Fully reloaded, for quite a while at that point. Yet after firing a broadside, not one of my top deck guns is being reloaded.
If I lock my other cannons with F5,  I only have 288 crew left in Gunnery. I have obviously far more crew than that at that point.

I do not have Instructions Aux Canonniers on this ship, I'm aware of the reload bugs associated with reduced crew requirements, but even that only causes one or two guns at a time to not load, not 9 out of 37.

What is it my crew is doing?

Just now, Liquicity said:

I've had it happening again too recently - Not sure what's causing it

I have had the same issue a few times

Had a odd issue fairly similar but involves other than ball..

Double Ball shot was left at odd singular digits, like 7 or so, changed to ball and they kept reloading at such a sluggish pace, abnormal.

I did fix that side to no crew, unleashed the other with the already loaded double, changed to ball ( 1 remnant of double ball remained unused, no idea where the other 6 went ) and suddenly all the loadings kicked in normal.

We are aware of it but at the moment it cannot be reproduced, please continue to send reports and include as much details as possible about your ship and actions were taken before it happens

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Quineloe said:

I'd add shadowplays but latest nvidia drivers are stupid and gf experience just crashes...

OK I think this is different from OP. If you want to start a new thread ok, but need your PC Spec.

In the meantime. For recording stuff use OBS Open Broadcast Software NOT GEForce XP. Ask @rediii

He'll help. 

In GeForce window. Click the [Cog wheel] settings on the right. Turn off the share tag. Next on the left side click [SHIELD]

Make sure GAMESTREAM toggle is OFF.

Next Win10, type [Settings] in search then click on [Gaming]

[Game Bar] turn off record game apps 

[Game DVR] turn off record background recording 

[Game Mode] turn off Use Fame Mode 

I've other stuff but this is the start. GEF is good for driver updates and not much else for me

Happened again just now; seems to be happening when starting to repair - I had more than enough crew to reload a broadside, while the other was fully loaded, but they just didn't move an inch

well Peter, in this example I have 100 crew to man the 10 guns at 8 each. Which leaves me with 8 crew per gun and 20 left over.

Also what happens if you have 40 out of 80, the crew mans five guns, which reload at regular speed, and five do not reload at all. There's no more slower loading if you have insufficent gun crew, that was early 2016.

I have had this bug multiple times. Fortunately, the only time I ever really suffered in a battle because of it was in a duel a few months ago. I had the enemy Santi completely demasted and down to 300-400 crew, so I ranged alongside him with double ball loaded in my Santi (which had about 1000 crew left IIRC) and fired the broadside. Everything appeared to load normally at first, but I quickly saw a problem: only 3-7 guns per deck were reloading at a time (and I had all my cannons on that side still). I turned off everything but that broadside and still everything reloaded painfully slow and in random amounts. My ship was getting so beat up by my enemy (who, mind you, had less 400 crew) that I had to move away and swap sides (and if you've ever tried, you know how difficult it is to constantly spin a Santi to use both broadsides). I won the duel but it took an embarassingly long amount of time (considering my enemy was demasted for the majority of the fight) and my ship took far more damage than it should have. All because of a reload bug LOL.

I send an f11 anytime this happens, hopefully the cause can be determined and the bug fixed. In the mean time, I have found a couple of workarounds that *sometimes* work: turning gunnery off then back on, reassigning crew to various tasks (boarding, sailing, survival, etc.) and then moving them back to boarding, or changing shot types.

• Like 1

@Willis PVP2

Have had this issue as well. Couple things and can't prove it I've noticed. Chopping sides slows you down. So, I'll wait to complete one side before switching back to the other. The two perks double charge and double ball really slow down when you chop and change sides. Yet do one side then the other its similar times as normal shot. The Bowsain really helps I believe here. 

Its hard to [F11] this because am not sure if something was intended here. The reloading going stale though is a bug. If in doubt I turn off and back on the side and that usually works.