Game-Labs Forum

reduce repairs in hold

hi captains and defs

since some ships are so op by a number of repairs in the hold (and for  combat capability)

i would suggest having repairs restricted to max 15 % /20% of the hold

(therefore also separating cargo /and ships maintenance room)

your thoughts

Edited by Thonys
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Otto Kohl said:

No. Its on as it is.

Problem are only repairs in PB's, especially 4th rates.

well,..... unlimited hunting ....has to stop somewhere :)

(real live pirates hardly had repairs on board they were glad they could sail with a torn ragged sail)

[even heard a story where a pirate, put a wooden plank on his holes in the sail to tighten the sail :) ]

Edited by Thonys

7 minutes ago, Otto Kohl said:

Belive me, if you want to keep your speed your repairs amount is VERY limited. 2-3 fights and you need to sail back to port for resupply.

well, in that case it is not a great restriction to have the hold separated from ships repairs than.

(but t will prevent some  kind of a cheat)

Edited by Thonys

Emergency repairs often consisted of securing canvass over holes below the waterline to restrict water flow into the hull until more permanent repairs could be carried out with wood. While it is accepted that spare spars, even short lengths of mast were carried there were only sufficient amounts to jury rig a mast and even then they could rarely be utilised in combat.  It is fair to say that damage control as it is known today was in its infancy, that every effort was made to save ships damaged in combat, but then as now repairs in combat are extremely difficult to effect and that increasing damage from further combat will very well sink the ship you are trying to save.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Thonys said:

hi captains and defs

since some ships are so op by a number of repairs in the hold (and for  combat capability)

i would suggest having repairs restricted to max 15 % /20% of the hold

(therefore also separating cargo /and ships maintenance room)

your thoughts

The problem is you have to make a choice.  Sacrifice speed for repairs.  And if I see someone moving slow because they are loaded with repairs, I will damage the sails from a distance, and force them to repair them, then damage the hull while they repairing sails.  As soon as they are done repairing the sails, I go back to sails, so the next time they have to make the hard call.  Fix the sails, or risk getting sunk.   

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, AxIslander said:

The one sail and one hull repair was perfect. The only needed feature was the crew repair insted we get this multitude of repairs that only helps group hunters.

Actually this helps solo guys much more and gives them chance to escape.

Just now, AxIslander said:
10 minutes ago, Zoky said:

Really? Then, u are one lucky zoky in a rally fast fast ship. But nevermind there will allways be players that belive things are great right now.

Don't get me wrong I liked previous system. But this system with multiple repairs do benefit solo players more.

A lot of gankers don't carry repairs at all. I carry 2 to 3 sets for hull and 3-4 for sails. This has allowed me to win a 5 vs 1 (over the course of 7 tags, sank all of em). And I sank an endy and 2 snows in another 5 vs 1 that I lost eventually. Both of these I was sailing a regular frigate.

On ‎7‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 5:31 AM, Thonys said:

your thoughts

We already have restrictions. They have weight associated with them so you take considerable risk carrying too many. I think the mechanics we have now are great. 

8 minutes ago, Vllad said:

We already have restrictions. They have weight associated with them so you take considerable risk carrying too many. I think the mechanics we have now are great. 

Yeah you may be able to make any ship a 15nt speed ship but only specifically designed speed ships can carry extra repairs while remaining above the, 15nt cap. 

Its a significant advatange and its why a renomee isnt completely defunct in this meta. 

Im all for increasing the weight of repairs or the amount consumed in a repair. 

Edited by Guest

• 2 weeks later...
On 15-7-2017 at 4:41 PM, Vllad said:

lets see how fast you will take the forum keys when a Bellona hits 8035 knots in ow , and that time will come..

its not a restriction, its an opportunity for ships difference 

but some don t see that.

2 hours ago, Thonys said:

lets see how fast you will take the forum keys when a Bellona hits 8035 knots in ow , and that time will come..

I don't see how you accomplish 8035 kn with the current mechanics.