Game-Labs Forum
Slamz

Missions Still Ruining PvP

1 hour ago, AxIslander said:

I think, both you and the devs, fail to understand that players do PvP when they feel ready to do that, if u force ppl to do what YOU want them to do usually they will not do it!

Correct.

But a push doesn't hurt. Glad most are rear admirals by now. Flag captains were stationed in enemy territory. with their squadron. :)

*hint for proper wipe on release *

7 hours ago, AxIslander said:

I think, both you and the devs, fail to understand that players do PvP when they feel ready to do that, if u force ppl to do what YOU want them to do usually they will not do it!

As I said in the opening message, though, "Surely we can at least agree that rewarding people for grinding in their capital safe waters is ultimately detrimental to this game. That should be the newbie zone, not the #1 prime location for leveling up your 1st rate."

7 hours ago, AxIslander said:

You are correct.  Never venturing out of the capital safe bubble and never getting out to get some real PvP experience they will never feel comfortable.

So what mechanic is in the game to give these people a nudge out of the nest they need to build up their confidence before they are now 'at end game' and sailing around in a 1st rate and have no idea how to use it and are terrified to lose it?

1 hour ago, Arsilon said:

You are correct.  Never venturing out of the capital safe bubble and never getting out to get some real PvP experience they will never feel comfortable.

So what mechanic is in the game to give these people a nudge out of the nest they need to build up their confidence before they are now 'at end game' and sailing around in a 1st rate and have no idea how to use it and are terrified to lose it?

Indeed!

The thing is not every one is an avid PvP er, some just play for the RvR part. That is trade during the day and prepare or fight a PB in the evening. At the same time to take full advantage of a ship you need to open at least 2-3 knowledge slots. To do this u want to be in a safe place, so nation capital gives that ilusion. Allso, there is no real place for the PvP and therefore the most likely to get PvP is close to nation capitals. This gives a biter taste to players who want RvR.

I still say we should go with @Mrdoomed idea and see how it works -- 1 PVE server, like now, 1 PVP server, like the two now, and 1 server that is a hybrid, PVE plus port battles, no open world PVP.  Personally I would chose the PVP server. 

:o ... wow... that can actually make sense and work. So Global would be PvP, EU the PvE with PBs in the timeframe, and PvE the "welcome to NA" server with possibility of not leaving.

On 7/19/2017 at 8:18 PM, Mrdoomed said:

The most obvious and easy thing to do would be something like this: have missions but LIKE EVERY SINGLE MMO EVER MADE have the missions get further from the starting spot or in this case port so in order to do higher level missions you risk the chance of pvp.

Its so damn easy and obvious but it will never be done and ive mentioned it several times but it goes on ignored. 

You keep insisting that the game overall would be better if players can't grind money anymore without the risk of suffering huge setbacks on the exact thing they're trying to advance, but you fail to provide an argument why you're right.

While you complain, other players get lots of PVP from mission jumpinng where the mission farming happens.  There's a combat news channel now. Ask the players who are sinking players near their hometown what they're doing. They're jumping missions.

Axlslander has the gist of it, you want PVP, but you want people to come to you to get slaughtered. Instant gratification demand, PVP flavored.

I guess roughly 3/4 of CombatNews is players being sunk in the what you call "the safe bubble around the capital". What a joke.

Edited by Quineloe

On 7/24/2017 at 2:15 PM, Quineloe said:

You keep insisting that the game overall would be better if players can't grind money anymore without the risk of suffering huge setbacks on the exact thing they're trying to advance, but you fail to provide an argument why you're right.

While you complain, other players get lots of PVP from mission jumpinng where the mission farming happens.  There's a combat news channel now. Ask the players who are sinking players near their hometown what they're doing. They're jumping missions.

Axlslander has the gist of it, you want PVP, but you want people to come to you to get slaughtered. Instant gratification demand, PVP flavored.

I guess roughly 3/4 of CombatNews is players being sunk in the what you call "the safe bubble around the capital". What a joke.

You got everything wrong.

On ‎7‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 3:15 PM, Quineloe said:

While you complain, other players get lots of PVP from mission jumpinng where the mission farming happens. 

I can only surmise that you don't PVP very much. Anyone who PVP's regularly, meaning anyone who sails out actively looking for PVP knows that finding mission runners is a very poor source of PVP. 

Your primary source is PB locations followed by contention locations and revenge fleets. The next biggest source is standard trade lane activity later to be followed up by those of that nation coming to save their traders. The next source is home water defense. Word goes out over nation chat then you start hunting the last known position. After that comes a nations capitol. That is typically the nations main hub, if people are dumb enough to run missions from the capitol (most aren't that dumb) than missions can be a source.  

The above covers about 95% of the PVP I get on Global. Actually finding someone actually doing a mission and jumping in it is so remote as to not even be worth mentioning. Can it happen? Sure. However if you are any sort of PVP player it is without a doubt the worst option to find PVP.

People aren't going to the capitol to jump mission runners, they are going there because more often than not that is the only place they can find players to fight. The fighting takes place where the players are! Fights wouldn't take place there if people were all off somewhere else.

This isn't rocket science. Sources of PVP takes place where the most dense places populations are.

By pushing people out into the world you actually make the world a safer place for everyone.

The math is simple, density = PVP.

yeah well you're wrong there, and you don't need to PVP to read CombatNews now. So you can no longer be cryptic about your PVP,  everyone now knows what's going on.

with missions there is no incentive to interact or go anywhere. you go out and find a place to run missions in safety so you can make combat,gold,and experience as fast as possible.

by simply turning off combat missions you would make everyone sail around looking for things to attack,  there would not be near as much money flowing like there is now. there would also be more people venturing into enemy waters looking for targets, PvP encounters would go up, every ship would have value, and trade would have more value.

they already have it where you have to go look for AI fleets to raise hostility instead of running missions, they need to apply that to all ship interaction, no combat missions.

Edited by Kaaru62