Game-Labs Forum

Why PVP Global USA Fails

Saint George

3 minutes ago, Hodo said:

Right now everyone including the pirates seem to be more interested in econ than fighting hardcore against each other.  

They are more interested in econ as long as it is the other zerg that is the enemy. If this were France or the Dutch they would be climbing all over them.

Being more interested in Econ is code for, yeah, uh, cake in the oven.

"I'm the best!"
"No I'm the best!"
"Maybe you should fight each other?"
"... I uh, well, got things to do."
"...Yeah, uh... cake in the oven, ya know. Gotta go get that out now. bbl."  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Vllad said:

They are more interested in econ as long as it is the other zerg that is the enemy. If this were France or the Dutch they would be climbing all over them.

Being more interested in Econ is code for, yeah, uh, cake in the oven.

"I'm the best!"
"No I'm the best!"
"Maybe you should fight each other?"
"... I uh, well, got things to do."
"...Yeah, uh... cake in the oven, ya know. Gotta go get that out now. bbl."  

Well beating on minor nations doesnt require everyone... just 5 to 10 captains.  

Anyway we tend to do most of our PBs on the weekends, I expect things to heat up a bit this weekend.

46 minutes ago, Hodo said:

Well beating on minor nations doesnt require everyone... just 5 to 10 captains.  

Anyway we tend to do most of our PBs on the weekends, I expect things to heat up a bit this weekend.

You guys have only fought 2 PBs since the wipe. All other ports have been empty. Not much battling going in. Correct me if I am wrong.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Sid the Infected said:

Your guys helped flip La Bahia so I did not lie with WTF and DD. At least that is what was said on the day of the PB.

Calling for help in Discord is not akin to being a team player nor is making it to "meetings". That stuff helps but it goes much further than that and maybe its that you don't understand that which makes it a problem.

I don't believe I ever accused you of bringing cheap ships. Maybe Christendom did. I see in his post that I was mistaken about IGG entering PBs that they didn't help flip. I must have confused you with DD. That was not malicious I assure you and I'm not ashamed of being corrected. There was no intent to mislead and therefore no lie. It was a mistake. Either way, it is minor to the topic at hand and that is how much effort you put into the nation's organization and you havn't even begun to answer for that yet.

I don't know what my clan leadership has to do with anything at all and since you don't really know me I don't know what you would really know about my leadership anyway to make a non-"personal" comment. I can say one thing for sure. My clan through me or through others leaders within my clan have been involved with every step of USA progression and organization of the US nation on both pvp1 and pvp2 until we chose to leave it. You cannot make the same claim with a straight face.

We did not help with La Bahia... another lie or are you going to call this one a mistake.

I'm done with this. Keep going on about how you guys did nothing wrong.

13 hours ago, Christendom said:

Actually you had 2 brigs in that battle.  The fact that one of them was actually crafted amuses me.

raUXQHQ.jpg

I'm not exactly sure where Thomas came by the info that you guys jumped into port battles that you didn't grind up, but that is not correct.  Technically you didn't participate in any of the port battles really, other than west end (to poor results).  None of the PBs in the gulf did IGG participate in and you simply left the grinding and the mark production to the other clans.  Which is why you were a non-factor on the RVR front.  Which is fine, but for a clan that doesn't participate...you sure had a lot of opinions on how others should.  Thomas was however correct in regards to your attitude and participation within the nation.  

Ultimately this doesn't matter, IGG is gone from the US and the nation is better because of it.  Your personal beef with lionshaft was a detriment.  We're gone as well, so who really cares.  

There was talk in the nation that you guys were basically pirate spies/alts/lovers or whatever.  Your move over there seemed rather inevitable.  Enjoy it.  

It amuses you that they crafted their own ship? I actually forgot about Rex since he quit the game but your right it was 2!

Honestly you guys weren't the best people to deal with. We've watched the dynamic you guys were part of before and told you it wasn't going to work and you guys needed to adjust how you were handling the rest of the nation. So we were right in that regard, it didn't work.

On Lionshaft, that's was his problem. When NPG split up because he wanted to be a dictator, that was all on him. I even told him I would forget the things he said to ex-npgers and myself but he was the same old piece of shit. I wonder when Daniel Silver realized it too... or is he one of your alts like they are saying? lol

Edited by koiz

2 hours ago, Hodo said:

Which seems strange to me. Not like people aren't on during the week. They could just as easily be flipping a port instead of grinding missions.

Missions really need to be removed again. They are a pacifier for too many people who don't want to risk their pretty ships.

• Like 2

Wow, take a break from the game for a short while and look what you come back to.  Slander and libel arguments (yeah, not "liable" for cryin' out loud), troll-Tenet flowery stupidity, and the rest of the same ole you-did I-did arguments and childishness.  Well I'm still in France pvp2-gone-global, and I've been greeted back very kindly with smiles by the [apparently accused] French - not chastised and with no infighting, I do not play to win so according to Troll I guess I'm a scrub, I don't do any infighting myself because I hardly ever TS which I guess again means I don't care or I am a scrub, I don't brag about CM's which surely means I don't care and am probably a double scrub, and I like to be a trader, which probably means according to some I don't know how to play this game.  Seriously I came back after the patch to just have some fun and it appears we're trying to remove that too from the game along with the extra durabilities.  Sometimes I'm not sure why new players would stick around if they started out early here on the forum.  Let the USA infight; who cares?  It is just a game.  It is just a game.  Come on, chant with me......it...is...just...a...game.....

Edited by Jean Ribault
  • Like 3

HAHA, sorry Slamz !!   I didn't mean to quote you, seriously.  When I clicked into the forum reply it grabbed your post by accident and I didn't see it.

I edited it to eliminate the quote from you.  Nothing to do with you at all, seriously.  :)

Lol USA so fractured its sad no one wants to mount a defence and everyone so scared of losing their stuff, so the lowbies suffer. Shit, i got four days playing joined a clan and got kicked out cause I was selling RUM cheaper than one of their senior members. No wonder that clan is dying.

5 hours ago, Hodo said:

Right now everyone including the pirates seem to be more interested in econ than fighting hardcore against each other.

What confounds me it's that we pretend to be surprised by this.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Davos Seasworth said:

This will happen. Periods of economic stockpiling and times of war. 

stockpile for 2 months
lose 1 ship
rate game 1 star
complain about economy
complain game is boring

Welcome to half the reviews in Steam.

I think the game does itself no favors by allowing people so much peaceful coexistence (missions, pirates that aren't, huge safe zones that are just so far away few if any enemies ever want to go there, etc). They get into that mindset and actually end up being unhinged when they finally lose a ship.

In my opinion, the game should be so dangerous and fraught with peril that going a whole week without being murdered feels shocking and makes you think the game is dying. (I mean, it would be true, for that reason, just like it's true today.)

• Like 5

46 minutes ago, Slamz said:

stockpile for 2 months
lose 1 ship
rate game 1 star
complain about economy
complain game is boring

The irony is, it is the players themselves who create these problems then they want to blame it on the game. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Slamz said:

Which seems strange to me. Not like people aren't on during the week. They could just as easily be flipping a port instead of grinding missions.

Missions really need to be removed again. They are a pacifier for too many people who don't want to risk their pretty ships.

Can't speak for anyone but myself, but I normally can't commit blocks of time on weekdays.  I can walk away from trading or missions at any time, so that's what I do on weekdays.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Jean Ribault said:

Let the USA infight; who cares?  It is just a game.  It is just a game.  Come on, chant with me......it...is...just...a...game.....

Whats funny is that the two groups going back and forth right now are not in the USA anymore. The USA seems kinda quiet right now. Its the rest of us using this thread the most.

16 hours ago, koiz said:

We did not help with La Bahia... another lie or are you going to call this one a mistake.

I'm done with this. Keep going on about how you guys did nothing wrong.

Im neither lieing nor mistaken. You may of not been there but your clan was.

Koiz, your arguments fall short for lack of detail. I've never claimed we have done everything right but I'm not sure what we did so wrong. You claim to have warned us and said how stuff wouldn't work but it worked much better than anything you put together, committed to, or tried your best at. The same exact set up is working just fine in the Brit nation and it worked just fine on pvp1 so maybe there is a different reason for the struggles the USA had. I'd submit that it had to do with clan leadership overall. From leaders who felt their power was being threatened with the pvp1 newcomers or from clans that say hello kitty to anyone who even thinks of organization to clans like yours that simply didn't try.

We can piddle with details like what ships you brought or what ports you participated in but the overall question is still unanswered by you and that is, what did your clan do to try and make things better. You have already admitted to your beef with Lionshaft. Is that why your clan sat on the sidelines instead of working closely with, while trying to be a positive influence on the system?

From what I can tell, your departure to the rats hasn't effected the USA one bit. It doesn't appear that they have felt your departure in the least. That says more about your group than it does about them.

The US has for the most part always been this way. Over a year ago I joined the server and the US did mostly empty port battles. Once my clan got established we started going to Jamaica to pvp. I would ask in nation chat if anybody wanted to join and would get told to $&))#% myself.

The few port battles that the US did that were contested, most people would show up with store bought connies and trincs while my clan would show up with first rates. One of the reasons we went pirate.

It's an attitude problem where too many people are afraid to lose their stuff. It's a vicious circle. They go into battle thinking they're gonna lose, they lose and get demoralized and even more afraid.

15 hours ago, Slamz said:

I think the game does itself no favors by allowing people so much peaceful coexistence (missions, pirates that aren't

220px-Pirates_who_dont_do_anything_poste

First thing that comes to mind on the pirates comment.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Simon Cadete said:

Coming from a guy sailing in kayaks getting killed left and right I gotta take it as a joke

O Rly?  Getting killed left and right.  LOL seeing as I have lost 3 ships to players this WHOLE time, 1 T-brig, 1 Snow, and 1 Navy Brig (store bought fire ship).... which worked QUITE well ask Sir Texas about that one.

And seeing I have capped or sunk, easily 5 times that number, I think I am doing just fine in my kayak.  

21 minutes ago, Simon Cadete said:

Coming from a guy sailing in kayaks getting killed left and right I gotta take it as a joke

I'll take a guy who goes out every day in a kayak looking for a fight over all of these other do-nothings who park their 1st rates outside of their capitals and never actually use them or do anything risky what-so-ever.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Slamz said:

I'll take a guy who goes out every day in a kayak looking for a fight over all of these other do-nothings who park their 1st rates outside of their capitals and never actually use them or do anything risky what-so-ever.

Speak for yourself. I have been in more first rate fights than you have.