Game-Labs Forum

Why PVP Global USA Fails

Saint George

Any US players that wish to play in a team environment and want to actually be of significant importance should come to us Dutch. We are low on numbers compared to all the other nations, but have the infrastructure and team orientated player base to support even the biggest nation. We just need players. Godspeed. o7

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, OneEyedSnake said:

Any US players that wish to play in a team environment and want to actually be of significant importance should come to us Dutch. We are low on numbers compared to all the other nations, but have the infrastructure and team orientated player base to support even the biggest nation. We just need players. Godspeed. o7

Hmmm. The Dutch...interesring, haven't heard a peep from you guys. Are you even receiving any CMs?

38 minutes ago, Hodo said:

Seeing as this is a text based medium, it is not and cannot be slander.

Liable is what you are looking for.  Trust me I slept with a lawyer. 

Still can be used in this form, we aren't in a courtroom or dealing with legal matters here. This is naval action and I think you get the point. But please go on about the usage of a word instead of the content. /s

6 minutes ago, koiz said:

Still can be used in this form, we aren't in a courtroom or dealing with legal matters here. This is naval action and I think you get the point. But please go on about the usage of a word instead of the content. /s

The problem with incorrect usage of the word, is it means something different than what you are intending on it being used for.  

It would like saying witch way to go?  While it sounds right it is the incorrect word witch, when it should be which. Or if I were to say can you hear me now?  Of course you cant this is text, so you wont hear me, but you can see what I am saying.

13 minutes ago, Hodo said:

The problem with incorrect usage of the word, is it means something different than what you are intending on it being used for.  

It would like saying witch way to go?  While it sounds right it is the incorrect word witch, when it should be which. Or if I were to say can you hear me now?  Of course you cant this is text, so you wont hear me, but you can see what I am saying.

No....

slan·der

verb
  1. 1.
    make false and damaging statements about (someone).
    "they were accused of slandering the head of state"
    synonyms: defame (someone's character), blacken someone's name, tell lies about, speak ill/evil of, sully someone's reputation, libel, smear, cast aspersions on, spread scandal about, besmirch, tarnish, taint; More

3 hours ago, airborneguy said:

Hmmm. The Dutch...interesring, haven't heard a peep from you guys. Are you even receiving any CMs?

I'm afraid most of us only receive 3 or 4 a day. 

22 hours ago, airborneguy said:

we are getting enough CMs to build every ship in the game with BPs for everyone. So yes :) We just need players to fill our ships. And by players i mean dedicated team orientated players. If you are going to just cause drama and cant handle pressure from larger nations now and then you probably wont last long here. just a disclaimer. our nation runs on cooperation 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, koiz said:

No....

slan·der

verb
  1. 1.
    make false and damaging statements about (someone).
    "they were accused of slandering the head of state"
    synonyms: defame (someone's character), blacken someone's name, tell lies about, speak ill/evil of, sully someone's reputation, libel, smear, cast aspersions on, spread scandal about, besmirch, tarnish, taint; More

Actually Hodo is correct.

Slander applies to spoken or vocal media, not through text based media.  It is a common misconception that slander is a catch all, but yet it is not. 

Libel is the term you are looking for as this is a  text based forum.  Had they used Youtube, Twitch or some other video or audio system to say these things then it would be slander.

Sorry.

Semantics. "Slander" or "Libel".. who cares.! Whatever the legalese term.. It's all just same BS spewed out by some roach.

Some drama queen said/wrote some nasty things about another nation they turned-coat on. All to make & turn-over some pixel Conquest Marks.<_<

All in all, just goes to show everyone who/what this drama-queen's character is all about.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot said:

Semantics. "Slander" or "Libel".. who cares.! Whatever the legalese term.. It's all just same BS spewed out by some roach.

Some drama queen said/wrote some nasty things about another nation they turned-coat on. All to make & turn-over some pixel Conquest Marks.<_<

All in all, just goes to show everyone who/what this drama-queen's character is all about.

Has this thread really devolved to arguments about what "slander" means?

Koiz. I wasn't around a year ago when you claim to have tried to organize. I am curious what that looked like. This iteration of the map found the pvp1 guys doing the organization yet your clan couldn't be bothered. On top of that, your clan seemed to simply not care and went off doing stupid things. If you claim to be for, both in the past and in the present, organized nations or groups, why couldn't you be bothered to contribute to that organization.

I think what you say is all fluff. If you wanted to be in an organized group you would have done so. You would have at least given it a good college try this time around. My clan left because of the difficulties of getting the nation organized. We were hoping for a team that gelled well together and we tried hard to make that happen. The US did not, so we left in order to play the game with our pvp1 friends and there is where we found the team we were seeking. It was not easy for me to leave the US. I had played US from day one. When I had to make the decision to leave, the top clans on my list of frustrations were DD and IGG. You were aware of the organization. You even agreed to it and joined the channel yet you wouldn't participate. I consider IGG one of the main causes of dysfunction in the US nation. Maybe I'm being to hard on you here but one thing is certain. You were a part of the problem, not a part of the solution.

Even though NPG was not perfect, they at least tried. Your clan didn't try for poo, and so was one of the leading causes of dysfunction in the US.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Sid the Infected said:

Has this thread really devolved to arguments about what "slander" means?

Koiz. I wasn't around a year ago when you claim to have tried to organize. I am curious what that looked like. This iteration of the map found the pvp1 guys doing the organization yet your clan couldn't be bothered. On top of that, your clan seemed to simply not care and went off doing stupid things. If you claim to be for, both in the past and in the present, organized nations or groups, why couldn't you be bothered to contribute to that organization.

I think what you say is all fluff. If you wanted to be in an organized group you would have done so. You would have at least given it a good college try this time around. My clan left because of the difficulties of getting the nation organized. We were hoping for a team that gelled well together and we tried hard to make that happen. The US did not, so we left in order to play the game with our pvp1 friends and there is where we found the team we were seeking. It was not easy for me to leave the US. I had played US from day one. When I had to make the decision to leave, the top clans on my list of frustrations were DD and IGG. You were aware of the organization. You even agreed to it and joined the channel yet you wouldn't participate. I consider IGG one of the main causes of dysfunction in the US nation. Maybe I'm being to hard on you here but one thing is certain. You were a part of the problem, not a part of the solution.

Even though NPG was not perfect, they at least tried. Your clan didn't try for poo, and so was one of the leading causes of dysfunction in the US.

Yes... I'm so sure you know what was going on in IGG at the time. /s

I guess crafting ships and leveling them is stupid now... and also being active in the nation discord was us not participating.

DD always has been and always will be a problem. Your so called leadership caused all of this so stop pushing blame on to other clans and people.

But go ahead and keep making up lies, whatever makes you feel better that you "won"!

3 hours ago, koiz said:

Yes... I'm so sure you know what was going on in IGG at the time. /s

I guess crafting ships and leveling them is stupid now... and also being active in the nation discord was us not participating.

DD always has been and always will be a problem. Your so called leadership caused all of this so stop pushing blame on to other clans and people.

But go ahead and keep making up lies, whatever makes you feel better that you "won"!

Look, I really don't have a personal issue with you or your clan in that you never acted like tards in any kind of personal way to me or my clan or the nation in general.

And you are right. I don't know much about what was going on in IGG at the time but I would argue that part of playing a team game is communication with the team. That, you never cared to do, nor any of your members. You can not say that you weren't reached out to numerous times so you have to ask yourself, what did you do with that opportunity. There are plenty of clans that were not approached or at least not often but they were clans that weren't into RVR. When you guys did participate, you either showed up to take others positions even though you did nothing to help the flip or you participated in flips with DD or WTF without ever approaching the organizing body. How do you argue that that is attempting at all to play as part of the team?

Now as to the rest of your response which should have just been left out. Your right about DD being an actual problem. I understand those with the mentality that says, we just do what we want, when we want and against who we want. That we don't care about agreements, treaties, councils, etc. We fight to have fun and not to win so bringing cheap ships to a fight is not big deal....   I truly understand how they feel but in the end this mentality in most case just means they are bad and that describes DD better than anything else... Bad. I guess you could add the word selfish as well oh yeah and short sighted but of course those descriptions are just a further defining of "bad".

I love when people appeal to my leadership failures when I haven't actually been the leading national leader in this game since April 2016. I have no time to do it right. I'd actually like to take a more leadership role. I'd say I still have some influence as a leader of one of the core RvR clans but you should look elsewhere in the future if you want to try and pin council failures on me. It just makes me chuckle.

Lastly, you will be hard pressed to see lies come from me. You may see perspective that you think is in error or I may repeat something I was told in error from time to time but this is not one of those cases and you cannot point out any lie that I have said about you. I just questioned your statements and said you didn't participate in national strategy. I've been around long enough to know that is true enough.

Lastly, you will be hard pressed to see lies come from me.

When you guys did participate, you either showed up to take others positions even though you did nothing to help the flip or you participated in flips with DD or WTF without ever approaching the organizing body.

Well there's some lies. 

We never worked with DD or WTF on anything. I only missed one meeting and it became "we don't participate".

I even said there was an emergency in discord and CDOM just ignored it.

Hell when they went to ask if anyone else from the clan was going to the meeting they messaged them in a channel that they didn't even have access to.

The only port battle we were part of was west end, we started running missions out there and NPG thought it was some sort of attack so they came down to set the portal battle. We had crafted wo/wo mercs, a crafted wo/wo navy brig and 1 wo/wo brig in that battle. They all had hostility so your debate about taking someone else's position is moot.

I love when people appeal to my leadership failures when I haven't actually been the leading national leader in this game since April 2016. I have no time to do it right. I'd actually like to take a more leadership role. I'd say I still have some influence as a leader of one of the core RvR clans but you should look elsewhere in the future if you want to try and pin council failures on me. It just makes me chuckle.

That wasn't a personal attack, that was about your clan leadership.You'r making me laugh now!

Edited by koiz

1 hour ago, koiz said:

Well there's some lies. 

We never worked with DD or WTF on anything. I only missed one meeting and it became "we don't participate".

Hell when they went to ask if anyone else from the clan was going to the meeting they messaged them in a channel that they didn't even have access to.

The only port battle we were part of was west end, we started running missions out there and NPG thought it was some sort of attack so they came down to set the portal battle. We had crafted wo/wo mercs, a crafted wo/wo navy brig and 1 wo/wo brig in that battle. They all had hostility so your debate about taking someone else's position is moot.

That wasn't a personal attack, that was about your clan leadership.You'r making me laugh now!

Actually you had 2 brigs in that battle.  The fact that one of them was actually crafted amuses me.

raUXQHQ.jpg

I'm not exactly sure where Thomas came by the info that you guys jumped into port battles that you didn't grind up, but that is not correct.  Technically you didn't participate in any of the port battles really, other than west end (to poor results).  None of the PBs in the gulf did IGG participate in and you simply left the grinding and the mark production to the other clans.  Which is why you were a non-factor on the RVR front.  Which is fine, but for a clan that doesn't participate...you sure had a lot of opinions on how others should.  Thomas was however correct in regards to your attitude and participation within the nation.  

Ultimately this doesn't matter, IGG is gone from the US and the nation is better because of it.  Your personal beef with lionshaft was a detriment.  We're gone as well, so who really cares.  

There was talk in the nation that you guys were basically pirate spies/alts/lovers or whatever.  Your move over there seemed rather inevitable.  Enjoy it.  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, koiz said:

Well there's some lies. 

Your guys helped flip La Bahia so I did not lie with WTF and DD. At least that is what was said on the day of the PB.

Calling for help in Discord is not akin to being a team player nor is making it to "meetings". That stuff helps but it goes much further than that and maybe its that you don't understand that which makes it a problem.

I don't believe I ever accused you of bringing cheap ships. Maybe Christendom did. I see in his post that I was mistaken about IGG entering PBs that they didn't help flip. I must have confused you with DD. That was not malicious I assure you and I'm not ashamed of being corrected. There was no intent to mislead and therefore no lie. It was a mistake. Either way, it is minor to the topic at hand and that is how much effort you put into the nation's organization and you havn't even begun to answer for that yet.

I don't know what my clan leadership has to do with anything at all and since you don't really know me I don't know what you would really know about my leadership anyway to make a non-"personal" comment. I can say one thing for sure. My clan through me or through others leaders within my clan have been involved with every step of USA progression and organization of the US nation on both pvp1 and pvp2 until we chose to leave it. You cannot make the same claim with a straight face.

I was surprised to see Brits flip another US port and Pirates looked like they might have counter-ground some US contention against another coastal port.

You Pirate and Brit ninnies ever gonna fight each other or you just going around the map until you run out of excuses?

It's like you had one bashup on the weekend and had to go lie down for a week to recover from it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Slamz said:

I was surprised to see Brits flip another US port and Pirates looked like they might have counter-ground some US contention against another coastal port.

You Pirate and Brit ninnies ever gonna fight each other or you just going around the map until you run out of excuses?

It's like you had one bashup on the weekend and had to go lie down for a week to recover from it.

Well when two heavy weights fight, it is a slow methodical fight.  Unlike when two feather weights step into the octagon.  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Hodo said:

Well when two heavy weights fight, it is a slow methodical fight.  Unlike when two feather weights step into the octagon.  

Hodo, as a ww2online vet, you know this isn't true.  If a team of players can affect change, then things could escalate, and quick openings can happen.  Imagen one week of no attack orders from allies or germany and that's what naval action has been this week.

Players gotta create content in sandbox games.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Hodo said:

That is a terrible excuse.

Brits and Pirates could be putting large amounts of contention on 3+ ports every day if they felt like it, and fighting over it. More players = more resources ready to go at any time.

I think it's more like two heavy weights who have realized that they can both pretend to be the best boxer in the world as long as they never fight each other.

"I'm the best!"
"No I'm the best!"
"Maybe you should fight each other?"
"... I uh, well, got things to do."
"...Yeah, uh... cake in the oven, ya know. Gotta go get that out now. bbl."

16 minutes ago, Dharus said:

Hodo, as a ww2online vet, you know this isn't true.  If a team of players can affect change, then things could escalate, and quick openings can happen.  Imagen one week of no attack orders from allies or germany and that's what naval action has been this week.

Players gotta create content in sandbox games.

I am picking at the way we fight.  Right now everyone including the pirates seem to be more interested in econ than fighting hardcore against each other.  Even myself... I have been busy upgrading shipyards and such, havent even had a chance to leave my base of operations in since the PaP port battle screening.