Game-Labs Forum

Development Roadmap for the next 3-5 months

* throw a bone to us solo players! Make everything accessible yo the solo player that is accessible to groups or clans. PvP rewards are hard for a solo player as it is usually going up against 2-3 players. Special rewards and BP's should be available without gank fighting in an event or partisipating in a port battle. Should it be harder and take longer? Yes. But at least let's have it available to us. This is A PVP and RVR game and that's fine but a guy not in a group or looking for a group shouldn't be locked out out.

* bring battle exp for damage 

* fix free ports. As US player it was wonderful setting up in free ports all over and shipping was nice between ports and DID NOT discourage ow shipping, in fact it encouraged it!

• Like 3

1-vary invisibility timer and tie to amount of time spent in battle. Establish a minimum and maximum amount of invisibility. or tie position in battle screen when exiting to OW position instead of battle starting position.

2- enable signaling type perk for 1 hour before PB for the entire region under attack. No more hiding in battle screen before PB's.

3 - make CQ marks craftable somehow.  This will allow solo players and people with jobs able to obtain same ships as clan members and the unemployed.  It can and should be difficult/expensive to craft them but it should be possible.

cheers- keep up the good work.

Adding SLI capability will greatly increase fps for open world sailing.  Dunno about big battles tho... lots of draw calls i expect, but if that's not an issue then SLI will help there too.

As for game play, I preferred some exp and gold for causing damage, killing sailors.  None at all for doing your best w/o a win is rather coldhearted.

• Like 2

1. improved UI, as stated this will be worked on.

2. Do not rework any mechanics unless they are low hanging fruits, currently this is going around in circles and will never be completed with current approach. Add new things or finish stuff in progress, don't redo what is working and tested.

3. Do not migrate to Unity 5 until game is finished or very close to, it is an unknown as you stated and from experience you will have to rewrite large parts, severely delaying everything else, from a players perspective it will look like you are doing nothing for a long time even if you making good progress internally with migration.

4. Wait with localisation until game is released, Germans/French/Russians can already play the game as is, and the Chinese can wait until release. This will cost man hours at the expense on all current players who would like to see progress elsewhere.

• Like 2

1. Make this a long game term and more hard core. SOL are too easy to build, sustain and maintain. Make 5th rates cheap and easy but then exponentially increase costs and include maintenance and daily charges to consume conquest marks, food and gold. Maintaining a battle fleet should require constant clan teamwork. Loosing a SOL should be a disaster. We will then see lots of ship types taking part in PB's. 

2. Pirates are popular, ignore those that do not like Pirates but get to understand what it is that makes them popular. There is a secret in there that needs to be unlocked for game longevity. Getting rid of pirates by nerfing is in my view self defeating. 

3. Put more weight on clans to make this a clan v clan game it is anyway so recognise this in yr game play.

Buster (puffs on pipe)

Edited by Busterbloodvessel

1. Lots more ships. (so Unity 5 is important.)

2. Change the speed cap to a limited percentage rate improvement. 

3. Modules need to be more accessible than simply doing pve. 

1. no conquest marks, only "combat" marks. current system keeps many players out of SOL unless gifted by clan. 

2. pirates are OP. Should never be allowed more than 5th rate, or to take national ports (raid yes, capture, no). smuggler options someone else mentioned sounded good. As compensation, allow them to mount 20% more guns on merchants if they go 1 weapon tier lower, and 50% more crew. 

3. Navigation... at least give us lattitude in good weather during day. Even bring back officers with different bonuses (multiple officers) so we can have a navigator who gains skills plotting on a map where he thinks we are. better xp from sailing gets him better at his job and if we buy more things like a ships clock, or something, we should get better position marks as time goes on. Make this part not suck. 

4. Rebalance resources... some things force people to go too far from anywhere people are to get them. Most of us aren't here to support an economy (bots should do most of that), but to engage in combat and build things to engage in more combat.

5 . end dashboarding, alt accounts spying, and all other manner of abusing mechanics of game. 

Please rework the ship speeds. The current meta makes a shitload of ships redundant due to the fact that you can press any ship to 15 knots with upgrades.

Examples of ships that could just as well be removed from the game in its current iteration:

Endymion - replaced by the Connie (better profile, better armor, more crew and still 15 knots)

Trincomalee - replaced by the connie (Same handling, better armor, more crew, more guns, 15 knots)

frigate - as above

essex - as above

Renomee - replaced by the surprise (better profile, more guns and still 15 knots)

All 6th rates

All 7th rates but for the privateer

And please! for the love of god increase weight allowed on the LGV as its basically been replaced by the traders brig - or decrease weight allowed in the traders brig.

And some of the ships needs a lot of tweaking - the Endymion for example was built in 1797 and was regarded as a benchmark for frigates in terms of speed and shiphandling - even after 50 years of service. The current model looks awesome but the handling and sailing profile just don't do her justice.. I get that some ships needs to be nerfed in order to balance things out and therefore can't be entirely historical but even so, I think she got a raw deal.

The economy is still broken.. I make millions whenever I can be bothered to do so..

On 3.7.2017 at 1:14 PM, koltes said:

1. PB entry - x25 PB Fleet that is granted 1 hour prior the battle to the clan that grinded most hostility. Ships that are part of PB Fleet can't attack or be attacked. Can only enter PB.

So you want to kill the tactical part of screening with invulnerable 1st rates going to pb? Noooooo. Oh my god, please noooooo. If you want this kind of game play Naval Action Elite, dude! But let the ones who can enjoy OW still enjoy it!

Edited by Jonathan Arlington
  • Like 2

56 minutes ago, Jonathan Arlington said:

So you want to kill the tactical part of screening with invulnerable 1st rates going to pb? Noooooo. Oh my god, please noooooo. If you want this kind of game play Naval Action Elite, dude! But let the ones who can enjoy OW still enjoy it!

So you want to kill the conquest by not letting the PB to happen at all?

My nation on Global and 2-3 other nations too FYI can only field enough to fight the actual PB. Tell me HOW should we participate in the RvR part of this game if screening is a griefing mechanic that is built in to the gameplay? We come with 1st rates and get tagged by 5th rates. They dont fight us. We cant catch them. All they do is kite and tag us to eternity. Then let us go after PB is finished. This gives 1-2 largest nations who can field 25 in the battle and 40 outside the battle so huge advantage of owning the entire map.
The screening is an old mechanic that was created from the days of flags when you tried to stop the enemy from planting the flag. Then screening was also about to give all players to have some fight not just 25 in the PB. But screening as mechanic should not prevent the actual PB from happening in the first place. You might as well call largest nation the winner

If you want large OW pvp battles then there should be specially designed events just for that. Not messing with RvR that has so much significance on players progression and well being.

PBs are not OW pvp. They needs to be fair to both sides and be skill and gear based. Not numbers. Else you are playing a football with one goal

29 minutes ago, koltes said:

My nation on Global and 2-3 other nations too FYI can only field enough to fight the actual PB. Tell me HOW should we participate in the RvR part of this game if screening is a griefing mechanic that is built in to the gameplay? We come with 1st rates and get tagged by 5th rates. They dont fight us. We cant catch them. All they do is kite and tag us to eternity. Then let us go after PB is finished. This gives 1-2 largest nations who can field 25 in the battle and 40 outside the battle so huge advantage of owning the entire map.
The screening is an old mechanic that was created from the days of flags when you tried to stop the enemy from planting the flag. Then screening was also about to give all players to have some fight not just 25 in the PB. But screening as mechanic should not prevent the actual PB from happening in the first place. You might as well call largest nation the winner

If you want large OW pvp battles then there should be specially designed events just for that. Not messing with RvR that has so much significance on players progression and well being.

PBs are not OW pvp. They needs to be fair to both sides and be skill and gear based. Not numbers. Else you are playing a football with one goal

I think 1st rates is to common and cheap in the first place 3rd rates should be the most common sol in pb with 2nd and 1 being rare and exponentially more expensive.

would be way more intressting if the bulk is 3rd rates while the 1st and 2nd is so expensive clans would se them as ships they need to protect and valuable targets to take out instead of pb with just 25 1st rates...

In reality even 3rd rates was to valueble to be lost and frigates ess seen as the largest ships affordable to loose

Edited by Sqapp

12 minutes ago, koltes said:

Yes.

Bringing the PB fleet safely into a PB is very much part of the RvR gameplay.

If you all think it is unfair to gank a PB fleet, let the community make their agreements. There is no need for the MMO sandbox game to put in artificial restrictions.

Ultimately yes, this will be unfair to Nations unable to field enough Captains. Again, let the community deal with it or let it suffer the consequences.

War is unfair. MMOs even more so. :P

4 minutes ago, Skully said:

Yes.

Bringing the PB fleet safely into a PB is very much part of the RvR gameplay.

If you all think it is unfair to gank a PB fleet, let the community make their agreements. There is no need for the MMO sandbox game to put in artificial restrictions.

Ultimately yes, this will be unfair to Nations unable to field enough Captains. Again, let the community deal with it or let it suffer the consequences.

War is unfair. MMOs even more so. :P

Would you play chess without Queen? War is unfair, but is a game. If you want to have opponents to play with they should have same tools are you are.
Letting the community to decide in this case will prove nothing. The largest population will never see this as a problem, yet will be able to over vote the rest

Edited by koltes

1 Fix RVR fleet griefing before and after PB. Defenders already have an advantage. Atackers have an uphill battle. Lets have some good 25x25 fight finally. Why are we so bent on preventing it? We should encourage large PB. When else do I get to fight a real SOL battle of skill? Strategy, tactics, ship builds and teamwork do not matter whe half the fleet gets griefed outside the PB.

2 Fix OW griefing. I do not mind loosing a good fight (ok I do, but its is a game of skill and I learn from my mistakes), but this constant griefing got to stop. Not everyone can spend all night being tagged, just like with recently killed tag, create recently tagged tag, after 2 tags in one hour you become untaggable/cannot tag for 10 minutes. Or any other of many suggestions with speed and invisibility adjustments

3. Too many permits, marks, bp, etc etc etc. Make it simple. Just like real economy, money buys everything. Make regions produce gold and labour hours instead of Conquest marks. Most on the server will never see Conquest mark and never sail a superfrigate or SOL. It is not fair to those who play differently then big clan members.

Edited by Comrade I Stalin

9 minutes ago, koltes said:

Would you play chess without Queen? War is unfair, but is a game. If you want to have opponents to play with they should have same tools are you are.
Letting the community to decide in this case will prove nothing. The largest population will never see this as a problem, yet will be able to over vote the rest

Again,  for the ones wanting "fair"  football-like matches - Naval Action Elite is coming... 

8 minutes ago, koltes said:

Would you play chess without Queen? War is unfair, but is a game. If you want to have opponents to play with they should have same tools are you are

Captains sailing a certain timeslot / Nation don't magically appear. You literally have no gameplay option, but to fold.

Have such Nations be annexed and allow those Captains to rebuild from within.

A big Nation will inevitably have 2 or more power ar.. ehr... gamers in them so it will lead to http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/21489-rebellions/.
And then the circle can come around.

Or one big Nation will ensure we all win and then wipe the world. (Did we really win?)
Create such dilemmas and surely you will see struggle and conflict.

Can we please stop polluting this with opinions? This is suggestions thread, of course we can dissagree, post your own suggestion. It is easy to thrash other people without providing a suggestion/solution. We all have different ideas on what needs to be fixed. Lets be constructive and let devs decide. 

• Like 6

• Either replace Conquest marks with another system (Hours seems a good substitute) or allow players raising hostility to earn Conquest marks if it results in a successful port battle
  • Make mods that increase speed reduce mast HP and/or mast thickness
  • Do not allow players to enter PVP missions (This is to stop noobs being ganked whilst doing PVE) but increase the distance the missions spawn from the port in relation to the rank of the mission. Higher the rank, the further the mission. This allows people to be attacked in the open world whilst in transit and fills the sea with potential targets
  • Increase the invisibility timer after battle to 60 seconds
Edited by SquidTorgar
  • Like 3

On 7/3/2017 at 6:03 AM, admin said:

During these milestones the development will slow down and there will be less patches and hot fixes. Especially during the Unity 5 transfer. Once transfer is made it will be provided to testbed for testing.

Tunings

1. Finalization of conquest and conquest rewards
  2. Additional PVE content (missions, raids other improvements)
  3. Finalization of PVP Rules of Engagement and PVP rewards

If you think something must be done asap and added to the tuning list please provide list of 3 changes most critical to you or to those who you play with. 

Example how it might look like

• Add speed increase during invisibility timer
  • Remove conquest marks and replace them with additional labor hours per day
  • Bring back pvp rewards and pvp exclusive content and increase pvp financial rewards by 50%

For me the top 3 changes that are critical to me.

-Added speed and increased invisibility timer.

-Addition of other ships, Prince Neuf and Xebec

-Removal of Pirates as a NATION and make them PIRATES!

Those are the 3 top things for me.

• Like 3

Forgot to add:

- Please remove speed caps and rebalance speed. Absolutely crucial. Seeing Connies racing Trincs, Surprises and Renos is just doesn't work. It makes half of the ships useless

Edited by koltes
  • Like 15

4 minutes ago, koltes said:

Forgot to add:

- Please remove speed caps and rebalance speed. Absolutely crucial. Seeing Connies racing Trincs, Surprises and Renos is just doesn't work. It makes half of the ships useless

Exactly.

I think I made a suggestion about changes to this that would make it well better.  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Hodo said:

Exactly.

I think I made a suggestion about changes to this that would make it well better.  

Link pls. I haven't seen it

EDIT: Never mind got it

Edited by koltes

1) Eliminate Marks system. Ability to produce ships should be limited only by resources, money, blueprints, permits and a place to build them and crafting skill. Permits and Blue Prints could be purchased with gold at a high price.

2) Eliminate invisibility and all post battle anti-attacking measures as well as eliminating control perk. Keep all battle instance open for passersby indefinitely. When you choose to engage in battle you accept the risk that someone's buddy's might show up to help. You may start with an advantage but you may also lose it.

3) Eliminate all ability to teleport ships whatsoever. If you want to go somewhere to PVP you have to sail there first, and thus risk PVP enroute. All the old ship teleporting option did was put all the focus on Port Battles and made open world encounters scarce. Stopping the use of alts for safe trading in hostile waters would improve PVP also.

• Like 1