Game-Labs Forum

Development Roadmap for the next 3-5 months

1. Focus almost entirely on new engine move.
  2. Rework the progression model to significantly reduce the grind.
  3. Add diversity to gameplay so that playing the game feels like an actual living and complex world rather than just doing the same thing in different places.

the most important thing is rvr, pvp, and economy. You cannot treat these three parts individually, you have to create a 'circle of life' where all 3 parts are intertwined with each other. I think once you've done unity 5 you'll have more room to play with.. I'm sorry but due to the nature of rvr, pvp, and economy being so dependent on each other, I simply see no way to be more precise in this format.. 

Edited by HarryButpain

On 28.7.2017 at 1:29 PM, Eskimo John said:

One small detail, is there any chance that we could see gun ports closed in the open world and open (as they are now) in battle?

Would be nice but i think too much work for such a small detail... i'd definitely like to see this at some point tho...

Edited by Captain Lust

• 1 month later...

1. Rework the ship speeds like it used to be. WAY too many speed mods and additives now. Some ships are being too strongly preferenced over others. Variety of what we see and can sail is good for the game. YOUR POINT OF SAIL KNOWLEDGE should be more influential than speed additives. In fact speed additives should be reduced or more strength added to  strength builds without sacrificing their speed 

2. Towns should be more unique. I should want to have a reason to sail around and visit cool places. Maybe some items could only be available in certain towns. As of now they are all almost identical. 

3. Back to #1. With more skill required more people will want to PVP. Now people know if they are being attacked it's by someone who has all kinds of mods/plays more/has more time. The fight and it's decider needs to be skill and point of sail knowledge based. I think even koltz could get on board with that. 

Hutch78

Give pirates a purpose.... Enable pirates to be the only nation that can RAID.....! 

Enable pirate clans to be "hired" by national clans for Conquest etc.

Example: pirate clan A is hired by British clan B. For a max period of 3 restarts.

All hostility pirate clan A generates is awarded to British clan B.

British ports owned by British clan B are now accessible to pirate clan A.

Drawbacks- any hired pirate clan can not own ports Durring the contract. The clan offering the contract is taxed an extra 20% on every port owned Durring the time of the contract...

The pirate clan under contract looses entry to Mortimer town while under contract.

Basically this system adds a pirate clan to the national allied clan list. All allied clans can fight on behalf of allies like normal...

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

reintroduce battle rooms e.g. 20 vs 20 lobbys - get rid of open world, replace it with a porper user interface for ship construction, trading and stuff outside of battle instance

Open world was a good idea, but the a.i. roaming the open world does nothing (attack you, chase you, do anything that has impact on the gameplay) which makes the whole open world

seems to be a farce.The low player numbers dosent make it any better.

Returning to the original NAVAL ACTION system woud pull back in old players and attract new ones because of actual PVP NAVAL ACTION that you get nowhere else.

3 minutes ago, shr84 said:

reintroduce battle rooms e.g. 20 vs 20 lobbys - get rid of open world, replace it with a porper user interface for ship construction, trading and stuff outside of battle instance

Open world was a good idea, but the a.i. roaming the open world does nothing (attack you, chase you, do anything that has impact on the gameplay) which makes the whole open world

seems to be a farce.The low player numbers dosent make it any better.

Returning to the original NAVAL ACTION system woud pull back in old players and attract new ones because of actual PVP NAVAL ACTION that you get nowhere else.

GpAXNNQ.jpg

New game coming up doing exactly that - Naval Action Legends - Closed Beta atm, could use some more players. PM me if you want the key.

• Like 1

On 8.10.2017 at 7:05 PM, Liq said:

GpAXNNQ.jpg

New game coming up doing exactly that - Naval Action Legends - Closed Beta atm, could use some more players. PM me if you want the key.

i woud love to get a key.PM´d you also

Localization into first batch of languages - once 2-3-4 is done

• spanish
  • french
  • russian
  • german
  • simplified Chinese

Any news about multi language support is comming ? And also the new or improved UI ?

Edited by Kopelent

1- get rid of the OW instance and shrink the size of the map accordingly to play everything in one instance ( would solve many problems with ow engangement/ganking etc. and increase immersion)

2- add more to the current very basic rpg game featers (skills ship knowledge etc). character creation with character visible on the ship, skill tree with more overview over leared books, skills etc...

3- to increase immersion add a character instance... accessable towns, ships cabin and decks, characters, fight the boardings rather than playing a minigame.

On 19.10.2017 at 1:29 PM, Longshot said:

Is it on Steam? Whats this game name?

its naval legends.But servers are down most of the time until now, guess because its early alpha.But that one weekend it was accessible i enjoyed it.

• 3 months later...