Game-Labs Forum

Confirmation of Repairs in OpenWorld

Hi,

I know that I could have calculated this myself but I think it would be nice if when you were doing repairs in the openworld the UI told you how much would be repaired and how many repairs it will cost BEFORE it does it: eg: "You will Repair 50% Sails at a cost of 12 Rig Repairs" Cancel/Confirm.

Instead of: "Ha! you didn't expect that did you? Now you've no rig repairs and if you get tagged you are screwed!!"

I had a traders brig fleeted with a surprise, the sails were damaged on the brig and (stupidly) I decided to repair them a bit. It repaired them but at the cost of ALL my rig repairs!  I was in enemy territory and this left me VERY vulnerable. All because I had performed a task that I would not have performed had I known. 

I think my Ship's Captain might have thought to himself: "mmm maybe I should hold on to a few repairs?" rather than blindly emptying his hold of all his repairs to repair the sails on a cheap ship in the fleet.

Being able to choose (a slider?) how many repairs you wish to use would be even better!!!

• Like 6