Game-Labs Forum

Port Battle Fleet using Possible alt to hide in battle screen

1st rate fleet from the BLACK clan used what appears to be a US alt to hide in battle for 40+ minutes until the port battle triggered.  2 US players in real ships that got tagged in were sunk, but yet mysteriously the "Master Baiter" in a basic cutter was sailing around unmolested for 40 minutes and then was conveniently sunk within 5mins of the port battle timer.  The pirates then were able to drop battle and get right into port.  Perfectly placed with the wind at their backs right near the join line.  How very fortuitous that there just happened to be a US player right where they needed to be.  Frankly this smells like another alt being used for port battle gain.  

Screen grabs are from a twitch stream by player Koiz who was in the battle and sunk.  He did not make a VOD of it, but it was watched.

8cfb8efd492a292a0a873923967d8b3b.png

bd93585b9b8f273c709ec7bd1b5656b6.png

Basic cutter sailing away, doesn't seem to be much of a chase with all those 1sts.

And here he is after the battle sailing rather close to a pirate first rate fleet.

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/848216173213439674/F4EBADC79414D798CD0361F35B3511D85B3634DE/

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/848216173213440000/50E7E0827149877385EAAD78521E9D5E7CB27187/?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-format=jpeg&output-quality=95&fit=inside|2048:1101&composite-to%3D*%2C*|2048%3A1101&background-color=black

This needs to be investigated.  There's been a lot of talk about how good the BLACK clan was on this server, kinda sad to see this tactic used (assuming it is an alt).  Much shame.

Why was a basic cutter allowed to be tagged in in the first place?

Edited by Christendom
  • Like 15

Definition of tribunal

1. 1 :  a court or forum of justice

2. 2 :  something that decides or determines the tribunal of public opinion

public "OPINION" i am just stating my opinion. That is all, no need to be defensive. I'm not complaining, therefor i'm not opening another thread. I am saying that the actions being complained about is founded.... again... this is just my OPINION.

It seems to me that in this case the susspected alt was not used to break or temporarily susspend game mechanics in any way. Tagging an NPC and demasting it would have accomplished the same ends. Therefore I assume that if this was indeed the use of an alt, it would fall under the legitimate use of an alt.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, --Privateer-- said:

It seems to me that in this case the susspected alt was not used to break or temporarily susspend game mechanics in any way. Tagging an NPC and demasting it would have accomplished the same ends. Therefore I assume that if this was indeed the use of an alt, it would fall under the legitimate use of an alt.

Then perhaps an NPC fleet should of been tagged?  

• Like 2

These are the rules to be followed in the tribunal, failure to follow these will result in hiding the post and if it continues warnings most likely.

The case here is about what @Christendom posted and nothing else, if you want to bring up other cases outside this you shall start your own tribunal with evidence. Failure to follow this will possible result in further punishment from now on.

• Like 3