Jump to content
Game-Labs Forum
admin

Hotfix 1 for patch 10.3

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, Daguse said:

defenders are safe. If it's increased to 2 minutes it would mean the hunt would have to start over from a new location. 

Do you even PvP?

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Could be a good idea to remove the crossed sword immediatly after the join timers are down.

 So right at the moment where the Battle is closed, the swords in OW disappear. Makes it more difficult for everyone who is coming after the first 3 minutes to locate the exact position and they can only guess.

Not a solution but maybe a start.

Edited by Abram Svensson
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How man ships got recaptured after they were prized back in these days? So in my opinion revenge fleets are accurate in a way.

Dump teleports at all. It was good to solve the magic star fleet appearance at Freeports. Why cant it solve other ports too? A right because everyone is so lazy and dont want to sail.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Teleport to distant location is bad.

46 minutes ago, rediii said:

The thing i want is that you go fullspeed whatever the wind is while you are invisible so atleast it's not known in which direction you flee.

I like this one.  Probably easy to implement as well.  Current implementation with additional speed bonus while invisible.

The best suggestion so far.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, TommyShelby said:

Make a limit on how much cargo you can have, Ie 50 weight so you can TP with your repair kits and such.

Still seems unfair if you target trade ships. 

Still like the dual invisibility more. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JG14_Cuzn said:

 

As for Teleport to free ports.... YES.    this should be allowed,  maybe with a cooldown. 

 

Or make it cost marks...

There we go, solved the problem.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Hodo said:

Or make it cost marks...

There we go, solved the problem.

Marks ??

witch marks,i don't have any...:P

besides that i dont have a problem

 

Edited by Thonys

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, rediii said:

Do you even PvP?

Is that the go to line when someone doesn't like an idea but can come up with a legitimate reason why? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"The thing i want is that you go fullspeed whatever the wind is while you are invisible so atleast it's not known in which direction you flee."

Another very simple addition could be; If you are invisible you can logout directly. (You do not have to wait X seconds)

Edited by Cmdr RideZ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Cmdr RideZ said:

"The thing i want is that you go fullspeed whatever the wind is while you are invisible so atleast it's not known in which direction you flee."

Another very simple addition could be; If you are invisible you can logout directly.

we had that option and that did not work there was a huge time sink for the players outside waiting for nothing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Daguse said:

Is that the go to line when someone doesn't like an idea but can come up with a legitimate reason why? 

No that's something to say when you question the others person knowhow how things play out in pvp nowadays.

Basically your first goal is to trap the enemy on his position while you get more people to surround the battlelocation and cut off every escaperoute. After this you let them go and make some nice tags on them.

Yesterday 3 Constitutions, 2 Suprises, 1 Pirate Frigate went into Port au prince and wanted to gank a 3rd and a 4th in front of leogane. When they came out they got tagged with a bad tag. We held them inside battle for 10 minutes.

After that they got retagged with a better tag. We got 1 Consti in this battle. They left battle again

They got retagged 2-3 more times. 1 Suprise escaped out of port au prince in a course of 2 or so hours. Everything else got sunk/boarded

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am completely opposed to any and all teleports. In a game about OW sailing and PVP on the high seas, anything that takes player ships out of the OW is a mistake. A healthy economy depends on trade goods and ships being exposed to risk - without that, the primary gold sink in the game (destruction of ships & cargoes) does not happen. It also prevents a lot of PVP (including hunting of player traders) and a variety of play styles. I think the current system is the best we've ever had in terms of teleports.

As for revenge ganks, the ideal solution in my opinion would be for the exit point of the battle instance to be reflected in the exit point in the OW. This solves the issue of instance exit camping (aka "revenge fleets") nicely, while still giving the "coast guard" a chance. Devs say this is hard, but maybe they can revisit it - @admin has also said that "all things are possible," so who knows.

If that is not possible, then I think trying the suggestion of extended invisibility - along with an extended "cannot attack or be attacked for X minutes" - for ships leaving a battle instance would be an improvement to the revenge gank problem while still preventing the exploit of invisibility to attack other ships. We could try 2min of invisibility followed by 1min of "cannot attack or be attacked". If you didn't escape the revenge gank at that point - well, sorry buddy but you got in over your head.

Edited by Benedict Ahhnold
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Benedict Ahhnold said:

I am completely opposed to any and all teleports.

Problem is the game map is too larger not to allow teleports. It takes too long to sail from one spot to another in hopes of engaging anyone. The only people who can spend 2 hrs sailing to a spot for pvp, and then 2 hrs back home are people who are hardcore gamers. The causal gamer doesn't ave time for that. And if that's the goal, hardcore gamers only, your population is going to decrease dramatically. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Nelson Hornblower said:

Problem is the game map is too larger not to allow teleports. It takes too long to sail from one spot to another in hopes of engaging anyone. The only people who can spend 2 hrs sailing to a spot for pvp, and then 2 hrs back home are people who are hardcore gamers. The causal gamer doesn't ave time for that. And if that's the goal, hardcore gamers only, your population is going to decrease dramatically. 

If you setup an outpost in a well-situated free town then you do not need to sail for 2hrs to find PVP.

The casual gamer who only wants well-balanced PVP on-demand, with minimal time commitment, and no threat of meaningful loss is in fact asking for an arena combat game. A sandbox-style open world game with player-driven economy that's meant to emulate the solitude and sometimes loneliness of real sailing is not going to scratch their itch. Hopefully Naval Action Legends will, though.

P.S. - With only 500hrs since Sea Trials, I am this "casual" you speak of, and yet I enjoy the game as it is. I have a career, a family and an active social life. I still find time for Naval Action and usually don't play for much more than 2-3hrs at a time. I have picked a play style that affords me plenty of excitement and action... while also requiring patience, planning and perseverance. MMOs are time sinks compared to other games and are not for everyone... and that's OK.

Edited by Benedict Ahhnold
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Nelson Hornblower said:

Problem is the game map is too larger not to allow teleports. It takes too long to sail from one spot to another in hopes of engaging anyone. The only people who can spend 2 hrs sailing to a spot for pvp, and then 2 hrs back home are people who are hardcore gamers. The causal gamer doesn't ave time for that. And if that's the goal, hardcore gamers only, your population is going to decrease dramatically. 

your enemy is only 1 port away

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Hodo said:

Or make it cost marks...

There we go, solved the problem.

ONLY.... ONLY if they get rid of the 3 Mark system...... Whoops...it's now a 2 Mark system and make 1 Single unit of 'mark currency'.

 

PS Dev's:   Conquest marks are a joke.

you nerfed the wrong marks when you made PVP marks worthless.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, rediii said:

No that's something to say when you question the others person knowhow how things play out in pvp nowadays.

Basically your first goal is to trap the enemy on his position while you get more people to surround the battlelocation and cut off every escaperoute. After this you let them go and make some nice tags on them.

Yesterday 3 Constitutions, 2 Suprises, 1 Pirate Frigate went into Port au prince and wanted to gank a 3rd and a 4th in front of leogane. When they came out they got tagged with a bad tag. We held them inside battle for 10 minutes.

After that they got retagged with a better tag. We got 1 Consti in this battle. They left battle again

They got retagged 2-3 more times. 1 Suprise escaped out of port au prince in a course of 2 or so hours. Everything else got sunk/boarded

That's why the invisibility needs to be increased. Hell go 5 minutes, you should be able to get out of there in 5 minutes. 

If you are tagged it will be a smaller fleet. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Thonys said:

we had that option and that did not work there was a huge time sink for the players outside waiting for nothing

I understand.  I think it would be a huge improvement without logout option as well, but...

In my opinion we should encourage people to not form revenge fleets.  Those fleets are huge time sinks for everyone.

Tag -> Instance -> Escape -> Tag -> Instance -> Escape -> Tag -> Instance -> Escape -> Tag -> ...

Logging out is not a nice option either, maybe it is Friday evening and you were planning to play 6 hours more.  Also some kind of possibility to go to sleep should be provided, imo.

Maybe you can logout directly, but your ship is left visible for X seconds and cannot be attacked.  I suppose revenge fleets cannot know if that player is going to log back in 5 minutes or 15 minutes.

Revenge fleets are also decreasing reasons to escort.  Why to escort when you can "teleport" a fleet to your location when needed?  I do not know if you have ever been target for revenge fleets, but inside it feels like that revenge fleet was teleported to your location.

Escorting should be easier.  Provide /follow command, or players could be allowed to be in your fleet.

Edited by Cmdr RideZ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You cannot play this game PvP only. The PvP does not bring much progress to your ships or player rank. PvP is tip of the iceberg for those that already learned how to sail and fight NPCs, who got the resources and can afford spend their ships in fighting other players in OW. PvP battles in OW are and most probably will never be fair and that´s good IMHO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, JG14_Cuzn said:

PS Dev's:   Conquest marks are a joke.

you nerfed the wrong marks when you made PVP marks worthless.

I don´t think so. I like that OW is now full of frigates rather than epic lineship fleets. PB screening is now also more interesting as lineships are rare and it is dangerous to use them unprotected in OW. Maybe one day I will experience PB with variety of ships instead of 25 identical slow floating fortresses.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Armored_Sheep said:

I don´t think so. I like that OW is now full of frigates rather than epic lineship fleets. PB screening is now also more interesting as lineships are rare and it is dangerous to use them unprotected in OW. Maybe one day I will experience PB with variety of ships instead of 25 identical slow floating fortresses.

It's still early in the game reset.....you'll soon see those epic lineship fleets as everyone and their mother has conquest marks to make them.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Cmdr RideZ said:

In my opinion we should encourage people to not form revenge fleets.  Those fleets are huge time sinks for everyone.

Time sink? If you are bored by the game or wanna keep your pixels, don´t play and log off. Revenge fleets are of course no joy if you know that battle was ended and there are no ships in OW.

I like revenge fleets because they bring multiplayer cooperation and fun. I like to punish unwanted intruders for sinking my clan-mate. I like the tension when I sail in enemy territory always looking over my shoulder and scanning the nation chat for valuable intel.

As soon as you commit to PvP you have to accept the reality. This game is about war and war is never fair.

I actually suggested few months ago that I like to have some in game automated enemy reporting - as soon as my ship gets to friendly harbor I like to be able to send report to nation chat about last known enemy location. Such game mechanic may IMHO generate many opportunities for PvP missions.

Edited by Armored_Sheep

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×