Jump to content
Game-Labs Forum
admin

Hotfix 1 for patch 10.3

Recommended Posts

11 hours ago, Hodo said:

The teleport option is really the only good option for some.  The problems without it in a game like this is, well it can take a half of a day to sail from one end to the other.   I am not a huge fan of it, but it is a necessary evil with the current state of the game.

IF we had 4-10k players I would say get rid of the teleports, but until that happens we need them to have any real action anywhere.  I know I have no problem sailing 30-60min somewhere, I do it all the time.  BUT I also sail smaller faster open world ships than most.  

I have never bought into the idea that we have to have teleports because it takes all day to cross the map. It only takes all day to cross the map if you feel the odd reason or need ton sail the entire map every time you log on. Thats akin to me saying i need to be awarded 500 iron every ship i loot because otherwise it will take me all day to get 500 iron a 1 ship per 30 minutes.  

Ive seen the reasoning that if we had more players teleport could go away BUT like i said to those people,  we used to have 1400 on our serve till the teleport ran them off. Now its the catch 22 of nobody will play ( including me) because teleports allow to many exploits against the solo or small time player but teleports wont be taken away till players come back...ie catch 22.

My theory is this, the game was a smashing success when w had 4 hour cooldowns and though a few people bitches they couldnt sail the carrebean in an hour most people loved it and it wasnt untill no cooldown teleports where added that the population crashed immediately  (not a coincidence )and has never come back. We have tried it the devs way of instant travel and the game is dead and been dead since a few weeks after they was implemented.  How about we test it with cooldown on tp and then allow players to tp to freeports again but keep the no ship teleports. 

Not sure what the devs have to lose at this point considering the game is doa before the a unless you like playing an ant colony simulator and belong to one of the big hives.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There should be BR balancing for OW PvP.  Battles left open for weaker side until balanced.

Would be a very good step forward from pure gank PvP.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cmdr RideZ said:

There should be BR balancing for OW PvP.  Battles left open for weaker side until balanced.

Would be a very good step forward from pure gank PvP.

Tried that... doesnt really work.  

You end up with someone in a Pickle vs a Trader brig, which is a 30v10 BUT the T-Brig has 16 guns now and stern chasers, while the Pickle has 12.    Or a Lynx vs a T-Snow, 30 vs 10 BR, and the Lynx has 8 guns vs the T-Snows 26.  

So now a Renomee jumps into the fight,  now you have 110+10 VS 30....  

Or you have the inverse situation.

A Rattlesnake attacks a LGV (not that we have Rattlesnakes) so BR50 vs110,   So again the Rattlesnake can EASILY deal with a LGV, but now a Surprise can jump in with the Rattlesnake and help obliterate the already horribly over matched LGV.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bring back signal perk and make it work for defender only.

Also the specific issue of trader BR post full-armament is something that needs to be addressed by the devs.

Edited by akd
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Battle balancer after battle join timer will work for sure. It is simply too obvious solution that hard to understand why it has not been tested in general. It probably has to be a bit more than pure BR balancer, but should not be too hard. For example, if you have Constitution vs 3x Surprise, Constitutions side should get another Constitution in. Could also be so that defenders side can always get 1 friendly in, simply decreases ganking. I am pretty sure they could create a nice system.

The biggest issue is that devs announced that there shall be no fair fights, fair fights are for Legends. Now we basically wreck the current game, we make it like EVE and EVE PvP sucks. They had a better concept than what Arena and EVE like games have, but I suppose that no. EVE PvP is pure gank PvP, it is the worst possible PvP I have played. Could be a reason why EVE is and always will be a niche game.

I gank someone with my friends 4vs1. Only a carebear PvP player would not want to balance this fight. Even after 60 minutes would be 100% fine.

When you are about to improve something, but it is not like the rest, cannot do that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/30/2017 at 10:08 PM, Mrdoomed said:

I have never bought into the idea that we have to have teleports because it takes all day to cross the map. It only takes all day to cross the map if you feel the odd reason or need ton sail the entire map every time you log on. Thats akin to me saying i need to be awarded 500 iron every ship i loot because otherwise it will take me all day to get 500 iron a 1 ship per 30 minutes.  

Ive seen the reasoning that if we had more players teleport could go away BUT like i said to those people,  we used to have 1400 on our serve till the teleport ran them off. Now its the catch 22 of nobody will play ( including me) because teleports allow to many exploits against the solo or small time player but teleports wont be taken away till players come back...ie catch 22.

My theory is this, the game was a smashing success when w had 4 hour cooldowns and though a few people bitches they couldnt sail the carrebean in an hour most people loved it and it wasnt untill no cooldown teleports where added that the population crashed immediately  (not a coincidence )and has never come back. We have tried it the devs way of instant travel and the game is dead and been dead since a few weeks after they was implemented.  How about we test it with cooldown on tp and then allow players to tp to freeports again but keep the no ship teleports. 

Not sure what the devs have to lose at this point considering the game is doa before the a unless you like playing an ant colony simulator and belong to one of the big hives.

Or also to be able to teleport back to your base that was perty cool .one it saved me from sitting in front of my pc for a hour and a half to go home .

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Captain corn blower said:

Or also to be able to teleport back to your base that was perty cool .one it saved me from sitting in front of my pc for a hour and a half to go home .

Yeah the tp to capital was a tp I was always in favor of. Just made sense. ...which is why they removed it probably. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 28/6/2017 at 9:13 PM, TommyShelby said:

If you cared to read before joining the discussion you would realise that several suggestions have been made. They don't alter the nature of the game, they alter what happens after battles. 
But lets just say they do alter the nature of the game. Then i have 1 question for you, how did we get where we are now? Didn't we alter the nature of the game to get here? 
It's kinda silly that you think its okay to alter the nature of the game but at the same time you don't... :)

so you toss mud. semantics.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×