Game-Labs Forum

EU Server: Port timer BUG?

deltonos

2 minutes ago, Grundgemunkey said:

from what i understand  hostility used to stop gaining at 2200 server time .... which meant the latest port battle could be 2000 server time .. I have been told this has been changed recently think the last patch .. and now hostility can be gained to 2359  leaving latest port battle 2200

Yes but the PB is not released until 17:00 the next day. And in the restart you lose 9% of the heat.

6 minutes ago, Jorge said:

Yes but the PB is not released until 17:00 the next day. And in the restart you lose 9% of the heat.

no the port battle is triggered for 22 hours after you flip the port ...2200 if you flip the port battle at 2359 ...after that the region should be at 100% untill maint then the reduction

i understand your frustration ..that both pbs were flipped after 2359 ...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Grundgemunkey said:

no the port battle is triggered for 22 hours after you flip the port ...2200 if you flip the port battle at 2359 ...after that the region should be at 100% untill maint then the reduction

i understand your frustration ..that both pbs were flipped after 2359 ...

Sorry but i was connected at 00:30 server time....no Salamanca PB at that time. But even if it were true, when there is a reset, the hostility drops by at least 9%, so you have to re-raise it to 100% after the reset, giving the defender time to use the tools that the game allows to lower The hostilities.

41 minutes ago, Jorge said:

We have enought war supplies to low hostilities many times....and we can do it until 17:00 server time.

Jorge, 

I will try to make it as objektive as possible. 

You have full first rate fleets.  So our only legal opportunity was about make you decide which port would be worth enough to bring your full fleet and hope which would only be half first.

So all effort was about fighting with you today about the hostility from 90% to bring you in a situation were to choose (or not if you have two full fleets). 

So, yes the solution was not perfect but,  and this is my very personal option,  if you want us to choose one port and loose the other we also can cancel both because then you definitly will have a very big advantage. Because then all what was stratetic about was obsolet. 

So just think about if two pb's with a little advantage would be a more gentlemanlike solution than asking us to surely loose in one battle and giving away Conquest Marks as a present in the other one.

Edited by Jonathan Arlington

1 minute ago, Jonathan Arlington said:

Jorge, 

I will try to make it as objektive as possible. 

You have full first rate fleets.  So our only legal opportunity was about make you decide which port would be worth enough to bring your full fleet and hope which would only be half first.

So all effort was about fighting with you today about the hostility from 90% to bring you in a situation were to choose (or not if you have two full fleets). 

So, yes the solution was not perfect but,  and this is my very personal option,  if you want us to choose one port and loose the other we also can cancel both because then you definitly will have a very big advantage. Because then all what was stratetic about was obsolet. 

So just think about if two pb's with a little advantage would be a more gentlemanlike solution than asking us to surely loose in one battle and getting Conquest Marks as a present in the other one.

We don't want cancel PB, set both to 91% and let see if we can low hostilities. Its no a CM issue, is a PB mechanic disaster by the devs. They failed allowing this PB timers. 

The British have done what they should, put the hostilities to 100%, but for a failure of the devs has happened this shit. Congratulations dear Devs.

29 minutes ago, Jorge said:

We don't want cancel PB, set both to 91% and let see if we can low hostilities. Its no a CM issue, is a PB mechanic disaster by the devs. They failed allowing this PB timers. 

The British have done what they should, put the hostilities to 100%, but for a failure of the devs has happened this shit. Congratulations dear Devs.

I agree that going back for 90% would have been the better solution. Our advantage is that we "made it" to the two Battles and we "arranged it"without really making it. But now the maintanace is gone.  I don't know what else we can do than making the best out of the situation and having two good battles . 

(Edition because of a little internet lag 

1 hour ago, Jorge said:

it doesn't work that way.. if you get 100% hostility before the 23:59 server time the port battle is set for next day at 21:59 (22 hours later) so therefore after a port battle is already SET there is no more hostility % therefore you can't loose %

1 minute ago, Jonathan Arlington said:

No exploit.  We didn't use it with knowledge.  Celtiberofrog asked us to discus objective and healthy.  I would like to ask you the same. 

So, I wouldn´t like to see any english ship in these PBs... 

3 minutes ago, rediii said:

you can't expect fair play if you declare war with the only goal to oneport a nation

Sure. I cannot expect fair play...well said. Check your arguments, my captain

Edited by Magallanes

12 minutes ago, Magallanes said:

So, I wouldn´t like to see any english ship in these PBs... 

This is no solution mate. And if this is the kind of making solution you are up to, my willing to find one for both side ends right here. 

Your definition of fair play...  Still laughing. 

26 minutes ago, Magallanes said:

What a shit!! 2 PB at same time. Another fu..cked exploit...the same thing again,again,again...:angry:

Reminder
#NeverForget

UjdvTit5.jpeg

Edited by Liquicity
  • Like 5

16 minutes ago, Jonathan Arlington said:

This is no solution mate. And if this is the kind of making solution you are up to, my willing to find one for both side ends right here. 

Your definition of fair play...  Still laughing. 

Tell me your definition, please...because maybe I have a distorsioned definition of fair play...It will be interesting to listen about that from an english player.

Edited by Magallanes

4 hours ago, Jonathan Arlington said:

deltonos, do you think I want to stand up on 3 am (middle Europe time) in the morning to flip a port? I am over 30 years old. Need my beauty sleep ... ;-)

Seriously why is it possible? We thought the 100% will go down to 90% as usual and then we can bring it up to pb.

I´m at the americas  and its my time :-) ... and i know there are many people with live and also with insomnia at nights .-P

3 minutes ago, Magallanes said:

Tell me your definition, please...because maybe I have a distorsioned definition of fair play...It will be interesting to listen about that from an english player.

I won't waste my time. Discussion with Jorge,  Celti was productive. This here with you is not. 

45 minutes ago, rediii said:

except said portbattles got triggered at 5 AM servertime or so

actually cartaghena was flipped at 0:51 server time (only 51 minutes late) and salamanca at 2:52 server time and not 5 am ;)

but the point is that the spanish DID NOT make any attempt to hold us from grinding (we were just outside salamanca harbor) before the port battle timer end and the only thing they do is watch us with 6 basic cutters and try to join our battles .. they did not countergrind or atleast didn't try hard enough i don't see how it would change today.. we would still be there with 43 people like we were there last night and they would still be in harbor..

Edited by John Sheppard
  • Like 1

This thread turned into a he said , she said situation.  Since it is a support thread i think thats not the idea behind it. I think staff should lock it, And when there is more info it will be unlocked again. This discussion serves no purpose.

• Like 1