Game-Labs Forum

Remove randomization of starting perks, especially in the case of the player's general

Friedrich

Currently when starting a new campaign all the perks possessed by your starting units are randomized. Not only is this frustrating in how it forces you to spend additional effort to create elite brigades to your liking, it also undermines potential role play by giving your general a random set of perks. In the case of the player's general the pre-campaign choices should be what determines them as the first two decisions already correspond fairly well with perks. For brigades this is a less obvious fix and I'm not entirely sure how to change it. Fortunately that is a significantly smaller problem for me as it can actually be altered over the course of the game and doesn't effect role playing potential.

Edit: I just wanted to make things a but more clear regarding my suggestion for the player general's perks. If you chose the Brigade General difficulty you will start with either the Tactitian, Trainer, or Strategist perk and these should logically corospond to the Tactitian, Strategist, and Logistician options for your west point study. If you chose Major General you will get the aforementioned perks but you also recieveĀ an additional "specialization" perk which buffs either the Artillery, Infantry, or Cavalry under your command. This too should correspond to your decision this time what type of officer you served as during the Mexican-American war.

Edited by Friedrich