Game-Labs Forum

Total War against Great Britain

Senhor Lenhador

1 hour ago, Chakal16 said:

No one want's to play if we have a bug in front every step we try to do, as you can understand (or not).

I'm confused here Chakal16.

I understand your upset about British players using Basic Cutters as fireships attacking your L'Oceans... However, on the flip side, using L'Oceans to grind hostility and a Port Battle when we don't have equal ships to fight those is also something that should be condemned. 

When it comes to the port battles yesterday, I've already said that it wasn't very fair to you (the Spanish nation). However, the decisions to set the port battles to the times they were, was by the devs, which is outside our control.

So just go with the flow, have some fun!   If you aren't going to play because you feel you are being discriminated against, then leave! But know that not even the developers can foresee each and every bug, glitch, and issue.  That's why we play!

1 minute ago, Clarion Call said:

I'm confused here Chakal16.

I understand your upset about British players using Basic Cutters as fireships attacking your L'Oceans... However, on the flip side, using L'Oceans to grind hostility and a Port Battle when we don't have equal ships to fight those is also something that should be condemned. 

So you want, we a tiny nation without players which is fighting a nation with 5 times the players we have, we need to attack with frigates having 1st rates, for being swarmed with 70 guys like last time we attacked with frigates during 4 hours of fight... and that should be condemned i see, very logic, and even better say that you don't have ships arguing about why you use fireships with basic cutters and then throw a swarm at georgetown everyone with ships? Interesting.

Just now, Chakal16 said:

So you want, we a tiny nation without players which is fighting a nation with 5 times the players we have, we need to attack with frigates having 1st rates, for being swarmed with 70 guys like last time we attacked with frigates during 4 hours of fight... and that should be condemned i see, very logic, and even better say that you don't have ships arguing about why you use fireships with basic cutters and then throw a swarm at georgetown everyone with ships? Interesting.

Was it wrong to use basic cutters since they were free ships? Absolutely!! No arguments from me there mate!!  Was it wrong for the developers to reset the port battles for a day earlier than they should have been? Yes!!  We should have been fighting at 1700 today instead of yesterday night!  

What I am saying is that you should be aware of your limitations, recognize them, and plan accordingly.  If I know that I have superior firepower to my enemy, I will decide to use hit & run / guerilla tactics to try and keep them from accomplishing their objective.  If you know that the enemy is going to use those tactics because you have such superior firepower, you have to be willing to accept it and plan to counter those tactics.  If you don't have the assets to do so, do you actually go ahead and pull the trigger?  Those are the decisions that had to be made before you guys started this fight, and you need to be willing to accept the consequences of it now.

Its like one school wanting to play 11 man football with their neighbors, but only having 11 players, while the other side has 22.  If you complain about having to keep your players on the field the entire game, then should you have really started playing 11 man football to begin with?  Maybe you should have played in a 7-man team league instead? In this case, you shouldn't be complaining about being swarmed with 70 guys if you knew beforehand that it was going to happen.

So basically you are saying that we have less numbers and you have more players, and with current mechanics we are hello kittyed. Yes we are, until the devs realize this we are.

It's easy. You can screen us until tomorrow and we would not reach the port. And that's why we (or other small factions) can't attack big factions like GB. Never ever.

This game needs urgent review of conquest mechanics.

18 minutes ago, _Alucard_ said:

So basically you are saying that we have less numbers and you have more players, and with current mechanics we are hello kittyed. Yes we are, until the devs realize this we are.

It's easy. You can screen us until tomorrow and we would not reach the port. And that's why we (or other small factions) can't attack big factions like GB. Never ever.

This game needs urgent review of conquest mechanics.

Or instead of trying to get the devs to review the conquest mechanics, you work on actively recruiting players away from other nations to yours? 

What about getting new players to join your nation? or hiring pirates (Pagan Pete comes to mind as someone who could steer some pirates your way)?

Work on increasing the player base, which will help us all out in the future.  I know that's what I do, and it seems to be working since the british nation is getting bigger....

• 2 weeks later...

Bad planning.   Spain should have hit hard and hit hard fast.   Surround KPR .     Lost our chance now .  But we have been down this road before.   Sold all my stuff though so will hunt in british waters.   

On ‎6‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 5:07 AM, Clarion Call said:

Or instead of trying to get the devs to review the conquest mechanics, you work on actively recruiting players away from other nations to yours? 

What about getting new players to join your nation? or hiring pirates (Pagan Pete comes to mind as someone who could steer some pirates your way)?

Work on increasing the player base, which will help us all out in the future.  I know that's what I do, and it seems to be working since the british nation is getting bigger....

Dude.  There are Spanish whom play spain but there are also players like me whom want a tough challenge.    We are few and we take our losses.  We spend millions more then all the factions to build outposts and ships to defend.    Too easy to play other nations.. I just did and it was soooo easy ...boring.     SPAIN on a map reset is unduely punished and not rewarded.

6 hours ago, EL LOCO said:

Bad planning.   Spain should have hit hard and hit hard fast.   Surround KPR .     Lost our chance now .  But we have been down this road before.   Sold all my stuff though so will hunt in british waters.   

You mean you actually have to fight against equal ships now since brits had time to build 1st rates and you cant just roll over them anymore?

• Like 6

10 hours ago, Jon Snow lets go said:

You mean you actually have to fight against equal ships now since brits had time to build 1st rates and you cant just roll over them anymore?

Because I am unduly punished for being solo.    This game is DEAD .   almost every Spanish player has quit or changed nations.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Batman said:

Pablo told me that Britain has already won.?

No, Britain has not already won, but they may very well do so.

The Spanish player base virtually disappears every summer, and is reduced to 10% of already small numbers in July and August. We leave our ships in Havana, and move to the real beaches to enjoy the sun, sangría, fiesta and siesta.

Additional to that, there are rumours that the only big Spanish clan is splitting up and most of its veteran members moving to other nations. Some of them are even making threats to come back to Habana and seek payback for the perceived transgressions of the small clans that will stay in the Spanish faction.

Of course, when this clan declared total war against Britain, without consulting the rest of the Spanish faction, committed all of us to a war we could not win.

And we cannot win this war because this big clan, which is now splitting and whose players are now deserting to other nations and threatening the rest of the Spanish players with retaliation, has been allowed by the game mechanics (and devs inaction) to monopolize and accumulate conquest marks, earned through legitimate and phoney port battles. As a result, the remaining clans have only a handful of respectable battleships, which they do not want to sacrifice in battles of 3 vs 25. 

So, the melting of this big clan has opened the gates for Britain to roll over Spain. Its not the fault of Vltra, they did a terrific job organizing and building their 1st and 4rt rate fleets; or Britain which is simply doing its part. It's the fault of the developers, who failed to understand the impact of the dreadful conquest mark system, and refuse to recognize its failure. Now all nations are faking battles with alts, or other friendly nations to obtain conquest marks. Only those big clans with enough might to warm up an area can access the battles, shutting smaller clans and casual players from obtaining conquest marks. 

As a result, the small Spanish clans that tried to defend Selam did so with a handful of frigates and Constitutions against 25 Agamemnons and another 25 screening fleet. A hopeless battle. We did not bring Agamemnons to the battle not because our fear of losing them, but because we do not have them, because we never had the conquest marks to craft them. When we lose the few ports that are generating CM for the few small clans that were lucky enough to be allowed to participate in one of those fake PBs, then bye bye Spain.

Someone posted a screenshot of the battle... this is what you can expect from Spain from now on, free meal.

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/835831966953327982/D01DEC5EC2285DD2B169ADFCEA1E340D7C88E1C4/

The current dynamics of the game are widening the gap between casual players and small clans and hardcore gamers integrated in big organized clans. If you add to this recipe the fact that resources and even 5-6 rate ships are so difficult to craft, money so scarce and painstaking to earn, then you end up having the Spanish nation reduced to a bunch of marauders in fast, cheap ships. Of course, the frustration of many players like me will grow, and we will end up abandoning the game that has become boring, complicated and frustrating.

This is my personal opinion, please, do not start telling me how well you are doing or how many millions you are making crafting and selling frame parts, or sailing for hours to sell Chinese almonds in some obscure port, i know all that. Some players like the current state of the game, some others don't. What cannot be argued is that the Conquest Mark mechanics and the proliferation of alt accounts are creating first rate and third rate players, unbalancing the game and mounting the frustration of many. These mechanics are shutting many players out of  the RvR part of the game, which i think should be a legitimate aspiration of anyone that has paid for it.

With my greetings to all.

Don Sancho Navarro

Edited by Don Sancho Navarro
  • Like 3

16 hours ago, Peter Goldman said:

Spain has all resources... White Oak, Live Oak, Gold, Silver, Labor Contracts, Coal, Iron Ore... All of them just in Mexico Gulf / Texas / Florida.

TBH brits are flooding the spanish ports of the gulf with spanish eco-alts that - of course - spanish cannot attack.

• Like 2

Just now, Peter Goldman said:

TBH, all nations and clans in the game are flooding the Spanish ports in the gulf with eco alts. Blaming just Brits is plain stupid.

We are talking about the unbalance between Spain and Britain, aren't we? So it's logical that I refer to brit alts. So, who's the stupid here?

4 minutes ago, Peter Goldman said:

That is stupid assumption. You cannot blame alts of other nation as all nations have alts in all nations. Do you want to tell me that Spanish players have no alts in British nation?

So you called me stupid twice. Ah, no point in arguing with you. Too easy to spin you round.

3 minutes ago, Peter Goldman said:

I'm sorry, but there is no point in arguing with someone who sees no difference between calling assumption stupid, calling comparison stupid and calling a person stupid.

Actually there is not: stupid arguments come from stupid people. It's simple. Calling stupid (and not simply "wrong") an argument or a comparison is just the politically correct way of calling stupid a person. I will live with it, do not worry.

Basically your are right, there's no point in arguing when someone does not want to understand something.

Edited by victor

Just now, Peter Goldman said:

I would say that you are mistaken, not stupid. You are just jumping to the conclusions.

I'm jumping just to what you wrote: you wrote "stupid" argument and "stupid" assumpion, and not "wrong" or "mistaken" argument or assumption.

Words still have a meaning, at least for some people.

Edited by victor

1 hour ago, Peter Goldman said:

TBH, all nations and clans in the game are flooding the Spanish ports in the gulf with eco alts. Blaming just Brits is plain stupid.

I'm not saying any of this is stupid, but Captain Goldman himself complained about the sheer number of British alts in the Gulf of Mexico. Or was it your alt that complained?

11 minutes ago, Peter Goldman said:

I am complaining about the problem. I am against the alts, I don't like them, but blaming British nation usage of alts is a personal attack. Blame all nations and all players for using alts, not just the British nation. Don't do personal attacks.

I'd rather say that a "personal attack" is calling stupid the argument of a specific person.

But this last post confirms only that you seem to have a very ... let's say ... "creative" attitude as far as semantics and language are concerned.

Edited by victor

On 2017-6-20 at 0:53 AM, Senhor Lenhador said:

His Most Catholic Majesty

The King of Spain

And of the Oriental and Occidental Indies

Announces Through His Viceregal Representatives

The Most Noble and August Clan:

VLTRA

Henceforth and without exception VLTRA refuses to deal diplomatically with the any and all clans of the British faction except through means of war. There will be no surrender accepted, no quarter given and no line that will not be crossed in our pursuit of nothing less than the complete destruction of this faction's capacity for RvR.

VLTRA had previously been at war with the British and were aware of their weaknesses.  VLTRA held off attacking ports for several weeks because of this and entered into several talks with representatives of the British Council.  Balancing the desire for PvP and wanting to ensure that player bases aren't adversely affected is difficult.  There are always times when things could be done better but we always tried to enter negotiations in good faith and in a way that would be healthy for our new server.  What happened today was disgraceful and the lack of any British Council presence in their Nation Chat or Global Chat condemning what at the very least is against the spirit of the game is something that should give the faction much to reflect upon.   Alea Iacta Est.

PLVS VLTRA

Lesser_Royal_Coat_of_Arms_of_Spain_1700_

I understand it's hard to think for ones self as a British player with questionable IQ levels! But unless I'm mistaken the total war was only from ultra!

Come now British captains your embarrassing yourself now... Try reading the actual post before you start your flaming!!

• Like 1