Game-Labs Forum

Total War against Great Britain

Senhor Lenhador

3 minutes ago, rediii said:

What you have right now is the best you could have to support organization and the envolvement of pubbies into clans/RvR actions. Sometimes a common enemy who is threatening you is needed to do it. you just need to use the opportunity.

The Danes who were willing to help us activate ports had to stop due to random pubbies constantly interfering. The pubbies as much as I am trying to involve them are useless and crap and offer free PvP marks to our enemies - that is all they are good for!!! The only time and place they have ever been useful is when Jamaica is being attacked cause we could muster hundreds of screeners - hence fortress Jamaica. Play the Brits for 1 week and all your statements would disappear within a heartbeat!

27 minutes ago, JollyRoger1516 said:

We give up is a response to looking at first rates when your best ship is a bloody 4th rate. Why do you think there are only 4th rate ports left for Brits?!

True resources are a common problem with the only difference that to supplement the missing ones we ahve to go to Panama or the likes which means a 2hour investment . Half the nation can't do that!

We are the only nation that is 24/7 ganked by at least 4 nations (Currently Pirates, Spanish, Danes and Swedes). Other capitals are either maxed at 2 nations ganking or generally miles away from other nations. So yes the ganking problem is different for the Brits.

British nation lacks ships, materials, marks msot of all. Spirit is there and so are ideas but they are limited by the fact that Brits would go guerilla and annoy the living shit out of all nations in small ships as that is all thats left. You are right about one thing though - organisation is buggered. This is mostly down to the RvR lot being much much smaller then the GB population. Half the time British pubbies do nothing or are even coutner productive to the efforts. The acutal RvR lot is quite organised as the Global server would show you where the majority is actually involved in the RvR but on EU there is too much rabble runnign around to maintain good order.

How about a alliance with the Dutch (You have a common Enemy) or ask other Nations if some friendly Trader are willing to provide you with some Stuff and you give them a free Passage to Kingston or another Harbour you declare such a Hub. I bet there are a lot who are willing to smug ... loose direction and sail into one of your Ports with Goods. ;)

Edited by Lonar
  • Like 2

48 minutes ago, Senhor Lenhador said:

anyone who thinks the outcome of this war is a foregone conclusion is kidding themselves. The wipe wasn't long ago, mechanics and balancing are constantly being changed and there's a HUGE difference in numbers between one clan and the most populous faction on the server. The Brits just need to put in the most miniscule amount of effort and organisation and things will already be in their favour. So pull your socks up GB and give us decent PvP and don't look around for cheap exploits.

Also for the record. Spain's CM lead came from defending Santiago, defending Cartagena and taking New Orleans. All contested or screened battles and all played in the spirit of the game.

So we start again with this historic and personal bullshit instead of just playing the game?  Brits are super weak and have no conquest marks (because they rather derp around for the Danes for 1 week), so if you really think you get a good fight you are delusional.

Feel free to attack Port-au-Prince if you want a fight. But hey, there you could lose right :lol:

• Like 4

Taking advantage of the time for the maintenance of the server you can read very funny things in this thread.

I must add that neither Vltra nor the Spanish faction wish to see the British with a single region .... perhaps with 3 or 4 ;)

3 minutes ago, Jorge said:

Taking advantage of the time for the maintenance of the server you can read very funny things in this thread.

I must add that neither Vltra nor the Spanish faction wish to see the British with a single region .... perhaps with 3 or 4 ;)

why you scared you cant do it.... your declaration promised total war ...your pussying out already  lol

Edited by Grundgemunkey
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, Jorge said:

True, it starts right in the opening post.

I hope VLTRA grows some balls and attacks some real enemies afterwards instead of this cheap shitshow with a guaranteed win. Cant get more boring man....

• Like 2

Just now, Jon Snow lets go said:

I hope VLTRA grows some balls and attacks some real enemies afterwards instead of this cheap shitshow with a guaranteed win. Cant get more boring man....

Jon....like you against France ?? :P

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Jon Snow lets go said:

*cough* French War *cough* ;)

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Grundgemunkey said:

why you scared you cant do it

Lolz :D

Here is a little prediction: Half teh Brits will leave and the other half will go into guerilla warfare attacking each and every nation in a 'thousand needles' kinda warfare which will lead to massive shitstorms on the forum and a big heap of crying. Then when ganking/mini attacks ahve finally been made undoable the rest of Brits will leave. This is gonna be a major annoyance to everybody yet it will never be more than that.

Edited by JollyRoger1516

Just now, Jorge said:

Jon....like you against France ?? :P

Did you know France gets more conquest marks then us? And we are attacking a 4th rate port after we saw that they finally have a lot of ships to fight (Bellonas etc) and that they actually have a lot of players.

Meanwhile you come with your Ocean fleet to slay some Frigates and ask for good PvP xd

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jon Snow lets go said:

Did you know France gets more conquest marks then us? And we are attacking a 4th rate port after we saw that they finally have a lot of ships to fight (Bellonas etc) and that they actually have a lot of players.

Meanwhile you come with your Ocean fleet to slay some Frigates and ask for good PvP xd

You had  a full Agamenón fleet when you attacked Port au Prince. You had 2 full fleets for screening....What did the French have? Neither completed the PB

Well brits where just lazy after wipe and still are

like swedes, pirates and danes could take uncontested ports in thier homewaters where we wanted to take sant iago which was full contested + pirates screening + we had 3 or 4 greedy captains who joined without ts and smaller ships

after that we made a view things i dont understand by myself and i am still tilt of the nation and the plans

but well spain if u want the war pls do so 

we are going to be an easy target and prolly get 1 ported then since u wont accept a surrender by ourselfes

• Like 1

to anyone who says that 'organisation' is the problem of the british and dismiss it as our fault, please, come over here and see the reality.

1. Britain is the starting nation of most new players it seems. and thus, it is a nightmare to explain to them what is going on or organise them. All they care about is that they get ganked by the vast armada of raiders from all nations outside, and all they want the clans to do is protect them 24/7. they don't understand that most of our important resources come from a long way away, and that they need protecting or we have nothing. They also don't understand the important of having the best PB fleet in important battles. since the CM changes, it is a total free for all to get into these battles, so its IMPOSSIBLE even if we have the ships, to get a good PB fleet into battle, as 50+ unclanned players in surprises will try to get in. this is not an easy fix in any way. So when people say we have the biggest playerbase, well maybe, but in this game quality is everything over quantity. other nations have this problem, but its not as severe.

2. Most of our active PvP and RvR players left for the global server, to get away from the very boring and tiring anti-British propaganda and aggression. we are seen as 'the evil empire' but most of the people who earned that title, don't even live here anymore!!!! not only that, but those who are left are scattered in 20 understrength clans, who want to cling onto their identities. its not possible to convince them to merge, its the internet, the ability to persuade them is very limited. other nations have this problem, but not as extensive, and the same solutions don't work in such a large and spread out nation.

3. A lot of the clans now in Britain are not English speaking, or have anti-British agenda. we have several clans, who when even politely approached for co-operation ignore us or are obscenely rude. some are even working for other nations against us or are alts. its not possible to 'organise' these groups, we don't have the levers of power. we had some clans who actively tried to ruin the Danish-British deal, and partially succeeded. instead of 3 ports activated, only 2 was achieved, because some Brit clans managed to sabotage them. I am aware other nations have had similar issues, especially the swedes I know, but the scale is different, and they were able in their very small area to control it. this isn't possible in Britain.

Anyway, ironically the one thing that might force Britain to work together is being reduced to 1 port. so, fine! whatever. but don't pretend that we have a chance in that war, its not a lack of effort, skill or organisation ability that will make us lose, its simply circumstance. This is the nation that simultaneously defended 7 ports against 4 nations in every corner of the map. That was on a day that the Spanish in particular claimed would be the end of Britain and was celebrated in advance. We are not incapable when we have the resources and ships, we are just handicapped this time, there will be no repeat of black Friday this time!

But seriously, I think the best thing for the brit nation would be to be hammered flat and have to start again. it happened to the Spanish, who were hopeless before they were reduced to their capital and lost almost every serious engagement. after that, they were forced to improve, merge clans, get better and now they have a serious nation with good PvP players who were able to fight Britain to a draw in west cuba (albeit it with help). so hopefully, a similar thing will happen to the brits.

Edited by JCDC
  • Like 7

14 minutes ago, JCDC said:

But seriously, I think the best thing for the brit nation would be to be hammered flat and have to start again. it happened to the Spanish, who were hopeless before they were reduced to their capital and lost almost every serious engagement. after that, they were forced to improve, merge clans, get better and now they have a serious nation with good PvP players who were able to fight Britain to a draw in west cuba (albeit it with help). so hopefully, a similar thing will happen to the brits.

You never ever reduced us to our capital. We had 2 points in which our number of ports was minimum, but we had at least 4 or 5 ports and you never took Mantua. We call it "the Mantua Spirit" and from there we began our recovery. And you took a lot of ports from us during a weekend where most of our people were enjoying the summer and nobody was playing the game to defend our ports. That's all. We didn't surrender and we fought 2 days at Robras and managed to defend it. After that, we recovered almost all of our ports and went down to have fun in Barranquilla, defeating you and the dutch twice a day for 2 weeks.

I hope that will refresh your memory

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, _Alucard_ said:

You never ever reduced us to our capital. We had 2 points in which our number of ports was minimum, but we had at least 4 or 5 ports and you never took Mantua. We call it "the Mantua Spirit" and from there we began our recovery. And you took a lot of ports from us during a weekend where most of our people were enjoying the summer and nobody was playing the game to defend our ports. That's all. We didn't surrender and we fought 2 days at Robras and managed to defend it. After that, we recovered almost all of our ports and went down to have fun in Barranquilla, defeating you and the dutch twice a day for 2 weeks.

I hope that will refresh your memory

whatever dude, don't be so prideful. capital, capital region, whatever. you beat us by throwing hordes of cheap ships at us so fast we couldn't kill them all and still get to the port, a perfectly legitimate tactic but more to do with economy/logistics than spirit. Also, the game mechanics now wont even let us create a battle with your fleet of 1st rates. the BR difference will be too high, so we cant even use your same tactics.

And cherry picking battles you won, blaming your defeats on 'not being there' lol. I was in a dozen or so full fleet battles and I remember losing exactly once. my memory is just fine. its better to have a memory that's refreshed rather than one that's been altered to only remember good bits. at least I was honest and acknowledged you fought well and got us to a draw, which is what happened factually. trying to make it out that you only lost when you weren't there and after that just beat us easily is hilariously daft. do you work for Sean Spicer by any chance? if not, you should send him an application. he would like your style.

You missed the point either way, being that the experience of being reduced to very few ports forged the national strength. something I hope happens to the brit nation.

Edited by JCDC
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Don Inocencio Botijo said:

Ancient-5-Mantle-500-Banner-500x500.png.71facdcebfb8c08faa2f3dbde3c135ae.png

Ego, Inocencio Botijo

Metropolitan Archbishop of Habana, Supreme Inquisitor General of the Western Hemisphere, ultimate theological and spiritual authority of the Caribbean sea, and its adjacent lands, Pastor of Souls, inflexible and relentless prosecutor of heresy, apostasy, witchcraft, sodomy, anglicanism and other abhorrent practices in the lands and waters under my jurisdiction.

By the powers invested in me by His Holiness the Pope of Rome, and the Holy Roman Catholic Church, and His Majesty the King of Spain.

Considering

That Henry Tudor, illegitimate king of england, moved by his lecherous desire for carnal copulation with the lascivious Anne Boyle, committed the abhorrent murder of the valiant Spanish aunt of our King, Catalina de Aragón, and decided to become an apostate, renouncing the Catholic faith and creating the so called anglican church to fulfill his lustful desire for carnal communion and power, his greed for the legitimate God-given possessions of the Holy Catholic Church and escape the wrath of God and his representatives on Earth.

That the English nation, its population and especially english navy captains are well known for their crude and indecent behaviour, libidinous and impure morality, lack of hygiene, sodomitic acts committed against powder, chorus and altar boys, crapulence, drunkenness, adultery, immoderate fornication, whoremongering, filthy uncleanliness and innumerable other vices, abominable sins and acts against humanity and God's laws.

That the courageous and gallant Spanish nation has tirelessly endured a relentless war of attrition committed by cowardly english pirates against our honest and laborious traders, brave and heroic recruits, and noble captains, always ganging up against the weak and avoiding equal and honourable battles.

That, in response to the cowardice and ungentlemanly behaviour of the mentioned english, and in pursuit of the greater good of the population of the possessions of the King our Lord, to eradicate all traces of sin, apostasy, anglicanism and other loathsome, detestable cults in the Spanish Caribbean, I ordered long ago the massive deployment of the forces of my most honourable and brave Military Order of the Santa Hermandad, in the waters surrounding the pestilent island of Jamaica and other ignoble illegitimate possessions of the so called King of England.

That, my Santa Hermandad captains have waged for months a relentless war against the english nation, in which, sustaining light losses, have captured, sunk or set ablaze countless ships, and looted their holds out of immense riches and fabulous treasures, causing the ruin of many rapacious english traders and spineless english captains.

That, despite the fabulous bounty, and the tireless efforts of the noble indians working ad hominem in the Archbishopric plantations, the sale of delicious pastry and other services by the chaste and humble Little Sisters of the Holy Mojito, the offer of excellent, inexpensive and economical indulgences to cleanse all sins and grant eternal salvation, and the vigorous activities of my Holy Spanish Inquisition officers, to prosecute and deprive of their earthly possessions heretics, apostates, wizards and witches, and other ungodly creatures; the expenses of my personal war against the english have rendered THE ARCHBISHOPRIC COFFERS TOTALLY EMPTY.

I welcome

The announcement made by H.M. the King of Spain, by delegation to the spokesperson of the mighty and noble clan ULTRA, of their just and befitting intentions to join the Military Order of the Santa Hermandad in waging a merciless war against the decadent and ignoble english.

and declare

That, taking into account the above mentioned considerations, this war is complies fully with the criteria of the jus ad bellum and jus in bello  and therefore, in accordance to the teachings of the Holy Mother Catholic Church, the tradition of de bellis iustis and with fully justified theological, ethical and spiritual reasons, that this war is necessary and just to eradicate evil and sin from the waters of the Caribbean, embodied in the english faction.

It is, in consequence a Just and Holy War, Bellum Iustum et Sacrum.

And so it is my desire that this proclamation is written and published in the city of Habana, in the year of our lord of etc etc.

Ego Inocencio botijo Catholicae Ecclesiae Episcopus, in nomine Patri, et Filii et Spiritu Sanctu, Amen.

Amen !!

16 hours ago, Senhor Lenhador said:

His Most Catholic Majesty

The King of Spain

And of the Oriental and Occidental Indies

Announces Through His Viceregal Representatives

The Most Noble and August Clan:

VLTRA

Henceforth and without exception VLTRA refuses to deal diplomatically with the any and all clans of the British faction except through means of war. There will be no surrender accepted, no quarter given and no line that will not be crossed in our pursuit of nothing less than the complete destruction of this faction's capacity for RvR.

VLTRA had previously been at war with the British and were aware of their weaknesses.  VLTRA held off attacking ports for several weeks because of this and entered into several talks with representatives of the British Council.  Balancing the desire for PvP and wanting to ensure that player bases aren't adversely affected is difficult.  There are always times when things could be done better but we always tried to enter negotiations in good faith and in a way that would be healthy for our new server.  What happened today was disgraceful and the lack of any British Council presence in their Nation Chat or Global Chat condemning what at the very least is against the spirit of the game is something that should give the faction much to reflect upon.   Alea Iacta Est.

PLVS VLTRA

Lesser_Royal_Coat_of_Arms_of_Spain_1700_

lol :D

have fun with empty pbs!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Jorge said:

How fragile is the memory of some. Is that no one remembers when the alliance between British, Dutch and American left Spain with 3 ports? I do not remember any of those who now complain complaining about the decompensation of the game. What I do remember is that we face them with frigates ... against Victorys, pavels and 3rd rates. But of course, the hello kittying Spaniards were not the all-powerful Brits. It is incredible that with all who are in the British faction they are dedicated to crying in the forums instead of trying to organize themselves. That a single clan like Vltra is able to achieve all this, makes clear what the English problem is, try to see too far and do not see the hole in front of them.

Yes I remember.  I remember our diplomats talking to Spaniards to end the war and I remember spanish players to reject this.  I also remember the blaming about the bad british nation from you guys.  Funny to see how you feel good doing something you doomed but seems to be okay for you because your reasons are of course umquestionable...

Edited by Jonathan Arlington