Game-Labs Forum

Havana Occupied!

59480abd73ccb_HavanaOccupied-page-001.thumb.jpg.7614ef92d133e279cd9dd69fce1bb146.jpg

Havana Occupied!

The port city of Havana, and the surrounding ports on the Northwest coast of Cuba, having been abandoned by the Spanish, is now occupied, managed, and owned by those representing the disparate tribes, chief among them the Haudenosaunee.

Under tribal custom, we welcome all to our banner, though we will maintain our style of warfare at sea as it is on land. We seek no conquest. We seek no organized governments as seen by ravaged Europe. Instead, each Captain will be sachem, each vessel his tribe.

Well-heeled vessels, attacks through the night, economic warfare, surprise on all fronts: These are the desirous traits of those who would join us. We wage war upon those who would destroy the land.

All free rovers who want nothing to do with conquest, all those who wish to harass the shipping of those Europeans who plunder our fair shores, all those looking to blaze their own path, we encourage you to sail with us.

• Like 10

Spain, as evidenced by Jeheil's letters to the King, is an abandoned faction.  It does not exist on the Global.  As such, Spain has returned to Native hands.

Anyone wanting to truly play solo, with maximum target saturation, should join this reclaimed faction.  But if it is conquest that is desired, large, organized actions and events, I encourage you to stay away.

• Like 4

As a lone British privateer, I will respect the sovereignty of the Iroquois Confederacy.  I will not attack your shipping on the seas unless a Letter of Marque is issued by the Governor of Kingston/Port Royal.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, EdWatchmaker said:

Oh Good Lord. I may have to consider joining the Iroquois. The devs should consider giving the Iroquois their own flag. I think this is great. Want more content? This is how it is done. Player made nations. 

While off topic, I will explain briefly why it wont work.  Player made nations are a bad idea in a game like this, you end up with over 100 different individual nations, all with less than a half dozen people in them only to get stomped by the first zerg that comes along.   I can go further into details on this, but this is not the place to discuss it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hodo said:

As a lone British privateer, I will respect the sovereignty of the Iroquois Confederacy.  I will not attack your shipping on the seas unless a Letter of Marque is issued by the Governor of Kingston/Port Royal.  

I see the logic at work here, I do however have  questions, How in the name of Neptune's beard are we to Identify these solo players?  Are Spanish AI to be considered to be Iroquois Confederacy ships? I wish the Iroquois Confederacy fair winds and a following sea. Until such time as my Admiralty instructs me how to proceed in this matter I feel that restraint in attacking IC ships is required.

AI don't exist in our eyes.  They are merely pinatas set to hand out candy to those who need a quick fix from time to time.  The Iroquois Confederacy could not care less about them.

Those vessels that might be mistaken as Spanish are perhaps the remnants of a dying empire.  Those that are of the tribes will identify themselves as such, at cannon-point if necessary.

The Tribes seek no well wishes, nor promises of support.  We bring war to your shores.  We will scalp your officers.  We will assimilate your crew.  We will burn your vessels.

The Columbian Exchange is henceforth severed.  The bounty of the Americas is not to be mere fodder for Europe.

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, Iroquois Confederacy said:

AI don't exist in our eyes.  They are merely pinatas set to hand out candy to those who need a quick fix from time to time.  The Iroquois Confederacy could not care less about them.

Those vessels that might be mistaken as Spanish are perhaps the remnants of a dying empire.  Those that are of the tribes will identify themselves as such, at cannon-point if necessary.

The Tribes seek no well wishes, nor promises of support.  We bring war to your shores.  We will scalp your officers.  We will assimilate your crew.  We will burn your vessels.

The Columbian Exchange is henceforth severed.  The bounty of the Americas is not to be mere fodder for Europe.

Thank you for the warning Sir.

8 minutes ago, Jeheil said:

Spain an empty state (bar the pitiful Dave) has by all accounts been seconded by a new breed of wanton, warlike independent types.

I look forward to seeing her flag fly again.

Her flag no longer flies.  The first empire has been evicted from the Caribbean.  A new flag flies in its stead:

1280px-Flag_of_the_Iroquois_Confederacy.

• Like 1

If anyone wants their Spanish flag changed to the Iroquois flag:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B7p4ZeAzP5uPfkxuMkhfMGszeXFSS0dDcFFBS3A4RkRmcWtqTzZXY0VRTVV3UzVVLWFRVE0

You are looking for sharedassets0.assets

Be sure to check the modified date and make sure it is newer than your current sharedassets0.assets file before you replace yours in the Client Data folder.  Iroquois Confederacy has tested this in game:

Edit:  This does not work with the current version of Naval Action as it was updated today.

Edited by Prater
  • Like 4