Game-Labs Forum

I AM BORED: Why I am thinking of quitting Naval Action

I notice that most of the people that like the current system are those who are getting stronger because of it, either by it able to put large amount of hours into the game or in a well organised clan.

The fact that casual players are falling behind won't bother them, they probably think its a good thing as it will be easier to kill them.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Elbizor said:

The fact that casual players are falling behind won't bother them, they probably think its a good thing as it will be easier to kill them.

Until they realize there's no one left to kill, bored players will have left the game...

Edited by Forbin
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Forbin said:

Until they realize there's no one left to kill, bored players will have left the game...

I kept trying to say this since day two of the new big patch. No one is interested. What you have left for a player base is mostly jaded. 

21 hours ago, fox2run said:

All levels should be cheaper. We need this game to be living. All kind of players should have access to the game. Not only the hard core guys. Before any player could advance and build his own lineships. Now this is almost impossible. It shouldnt be like that.

We have discovered we can build Trincomelees for 270k.  That is the biggest most complex non-mark build. 

Comparing that to the various money making patterns we found the following:

Trincoms grouping 4th rate missions near friendly port generate 20-30k per mission. Plus ship skill xp. Plus guns and module drops. Plus free repairs patches.  So in x10 missions the Trincomelee pays for itself.

Many regional capitals have a steady stream of lone enemy NPC LGVs that cone right to the port. Not all but many.  These can net from 10-100k from a single combat. So the Trincomelee pays itself off in 6-10 LGV prizes.

Player produced items are bought by Free Towns at high profit.  You can build repairs and rum or even ship building components and haul them to the nearest FTown and sell for 100% profit. One days labor hours can pay for a Trincomelee in one haul.

Utilizing investments into the in game trade market I make roughly 300k/day doing nothing. That will buy a Trincomelee/day.

Im sure there are even more casual ways to make money to buy and replace ships.  Most of the issues I see in the post patch game only exist in old paradigms players seem reluctant to let go.  You don't need SOLs for anything but rare SOL port battles. You don't really need first rates for anything.  In game gold is all around you for the taking. It's just not where it used to be. Ships are only super expensive and difficult when you are trying to build the entire ship from scratch by yourself. 

• Like 2

On 6/19/2017 at 8:27 AM, The Red Duke said:

Nations have neighbour nations that can be attacked, 15 mins away.

IF there is a population on that server for that nation. 

And there is no amazing peace agreement.  But that is a player problem not a game mechanics problem.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Bach said:

We have discovered we can build Trincomelees for 270k.  That is the biggest most complex non-mark build. 

Comparing that to the various money making patterns we found the following:

Trincoms grouping 4th rate missions near friendly port generate 20-30k per mission. Plus ship skill xp. Plus guns and module drops. Plus free repairs patches.  So in x10 missions the Trincomelee pays for itself.

Many regional capitals have a steady stream of lone enemy NPC LGVs that cone right to the port. Not all but many.  These can net from 10-100k from a single combat. So the Trincomelee pays itself off in 6-10 LGV prizes.

Player produced items are bought by Free Towns at high profit.  You can build repairs and rum or even ship building components and haul them to the nearest FTown and sell for 100% profit. One days labor hours can pay for a Trincomelee in one haul.

Utilizing investments into the in game trade market I make roughly 300k/day doing nothing. That will buy a Trincomelee/day.

Im sure there are even more casual ways to make money to buy and replace ships.  Most of the issues I see in the post patch game only exist in old paradigms players seem reluctant to let go.  You don't need SOLs for anything but rare SOL port battles. You don't really need first rates for anything.  In game gold is all around you for the taking. It's just not where it used to be. Ships are only super expensive and difficult when you are trying to build the entire ship from scratch by yourself. 

Very true..

But one problem most people look at is they compare the cost vs PVE mission payouts which is wrong.  I have always gone cost vs prize rewards.  

PVP and PVE Trade hunting can easily pay for a ship of a 5th rate or less in class in 5-10 captures.  Some ships pay for themselves extremely fast, like the Lynx or Privateer.  Others like the Trincomalee take longer or you need to hunt bigger game, like Indiamen.   

43 minutes ago, Rickard said:

NA is a hardcore game now, no more hand holding and easy stuff. also if you can play only 2 to 3 hours a day you just don't have enough time, that doesn't mean the game has to change.

If you can only play 2 or 3 hours a day and that "isn't enough time" then this game is DOA. There needs to be a middle ground otherwise we will end up with a very small pop in a very big sea very quickly...

• Like 2

2 - 3 hours a day here. Same as my consorts. Same as many many other players.

Maybe a thread could be started to discuss about how players plan their NA game time, what they do across a week, what kind of schedules they make, etc ? 

So we all share and learn together, would that help ?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Rickard said:

NA is a hardcore game now, no more hand holding and easy stuff. also if you can play only 2 to 3 hours a day you just don't have enough time, that doesn't mean the game has to change.

I play 2-3 hours a day and can do anything I need to do.  The difference is I dont sail around in a lumbering 4th rate, or a slow ship.   I go in a quick small ship that I can easily replace and doesnt take more than 15-30min of my time to do.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, The Red Duke said:

2 - 3 hours a day here. Same as my consorts. Same as many many other players.

Maybe a thread could be started to discuss about how players plan their NA game time, what they do across a week, what kind of schedules they make, etc ? 

So we all share and learn together, would that help ?

That's a pretty good idea both for new players and those still struggling to adapt in this changed economy. 

Also - YOU HAVE CONSORTS!??? Lucky Duke ;)