Game-Labs Forum

I AM BORED: Why I am thinking of quitting Naval Action

2 minutes ago, Don Sancho Navarro said:

You can Lol all you want, I'm not saying this game is going to die. But I'm not going to be spending my summer hours doing missions or investigating the price of the sevilla almonds in Andorra to make a little gold and then burn it in my mines. Let's see what happens in July and August.

You just explained everything that you are doing wrong.

Again.

Edited by Cortez
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, monk33y said:

Why thank you sir!

That's first bit is one of the nicest things anyone has said to me.

I'll pass on your kind words to my brothers on black.

:)

Who are these SORRY people you are talking about everytime? :blink:

2 hours ago, King of Crowns said:

I disagree. Game is harder and more challenging therefore better. you must be doing something wrong. I have done 0 trading and only pvp and have 1.5mil with lots of money donated to clan efforts and all outposts bought and 1x expanded dock space.

Problem is that even if you have 10 millions, you just have to do a lot boring things most of your time in order to have fun for one hour per day.

Everyone and their cat are scared of loosing ships (because of the costs of recover), so OS PVP is very episodic and most people prefer fleeing than fighting and fight just when they have a clear superiority in gear.

The OP has shown very good points.

I personally agree on the fact that cost of harvesting materials like oak, fir, hemp and iron should be cut down of a 50%.

Another good thing would be that all BP shall be purchasable also with PVE marks, but permits (purchasable only with PVP marks) shall be used to let the ship leave the port for the first time. So crafter can build and sell on the market SOLs and special ships but they cannot sail them if they have no PVP marks.

These two things would boost crafted ship market, that - now - is almost not existent in some factions, except for traders (whose BP, BTW, you buy with PVE marks).

Additionaly I'd consider a return of the "tow to port" feature (with an appropriate cooldown or with a day/week limit in the number of tows).

Edited by victor
  • Like 3

Jumping into the fray here I have to agree on another thread referring to Naval Boredom. This is an extremely niche market game...the current direction the Developers are going is throwing it into an even more select niche market. I recall countless cries for more PVP over the course of OW development...the cries for altering the ROE battle timers etc etc...I have 2975 hours in this game...and have finally uninstalled the game due to the removal of teleporting between free ports...this was the final nail in the coffin for me...I have no problem sailing materials to where they need to be...but if I am forced to sail across the map to get to the resource EACH TIME...no ways...the game in its current iteration has been reduced to an 18th/19th Century Economy Simulation...a job...nothing more. The high cost of Ships has made folks cherish them more than ever and less inclined to risk them at sea...

I get that some players love the idea of the realism etc etc...I am convinced more than ever that the Devs are heading in the wrong direction...to get more NAVAL ACTION make people more willing to go into action. Currently the opposite applies...well certainly for the casual players like me. I have said it before...I have a day job...I don't need another one...just give me action...not a job...I play PC games for entertainment and fun...for stress relief...

Edited by Sir William Hargood
  • Like 8

11 minutes ago, victor said:

personally agree on the fact that cost of harvesting materials like oak, fir, hemp and iron should be cut down of a 50%

50%??? Don´t be shy, let´s make it free. And if this is the game we want, remove resources from game, change it for a button you can press and have your brand new ship full equiped an ready to fight. 

20 minutes ago, zaba said:

50%??? Don´t be shy, let´s make it free. And if this is the game we want, remove resources from game, change it for a button you can press and have your brand new ship full equiped an ready to fight. 

You do not craft ships, do you?

So before commenting, make some sheets and verify how this 50% undercut will actually impact on the final cost of crafting - let's say - a sabicu-sabicu Belle Poule or of a mahogany-mahogany Surprise.

Then, maybe ... start talking

Edited by victor
  • Like 1

On ‎16‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 10:25 AM, Celtiberofrog said:

The economy must be easier, otherwise NA will remain only for Elitist gamers.

ex: Deliveries from free towns would make it easier

Sailing in OW is fine but it cannot become too time-consuming, sailors anthousiasm as got limits before diving into demotivation...

Results & progress must be felt by players, today's stats are a bit too demanding.

2 hours ago, admin said:

lower level ships should be a bit cheaper. 

Two comments:

1) IA shops prices are not so high ATM, the real problem is the cost to craft ships.

2) It's not going to work if you cut the price just up to 6th and 7th rate, since it's mid and top tier 5th rates the actual backbone of the OS PVP activity. So the undercut of the cost shall be extended for those ships too, including also at least Surprise and Cherubim (if not Trinco and Essex), just leaving high prices for "special" frigates like Indefatigable, Endy and all the SOLs. 

3) Moreover, it's would be a great boost to OS PVP the return of rattlesnakes: low tier, cheap but extremely effective in OS PVP

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, victor said:

You do not craft ships, do you?

So before commenting, make some sheets and verify how this 50% undercut will actually impact on the final cost of crafting - let's say - a sabicu-sabicu Belle Poule or of a mahogany-mahogany Surprise.

Then, maybe ... start talking

Sorry Master-Crafter, don´t knew i was talking with the only shipmaker in all the caribe. 

Maybe you are doing something wrong: 

a sabicu-sabicu Belle Poule or of a mahogany-mahogany Surprise.

You can craft more than one of them everyday if is a clan work. If you are a solo player, you have a bit harder work (nothing insane), but is your choice do things harder.

Enlighten me if i´m wrong, lord of the caribean cafters.

6 minutes ago, zaba said:

Sorry Master-Crafter, don´t knew i was talking with the only shipmaker in all the caribe. 

Maybe you are doing something wrong: 

You can craft more than one of them everyday if is a clan work. If you are a solo player, you have a bit harder work (nothing insane), but is your choice do things harder.

Enlighten me if i´m wrong, lord of the caribean cafters.

Yet you did not write any numbers here.

Crafing for yourself or for your clan is selfproduction so it does not contribute to build up an economy and the problem we are facing is that - while before the patch the stores of capital cities were filled up with a lot of different tiers of crafted ships - now the cost of materials prevents crafters to SELL ON THE MARKET (not to craft for they own use) ships at a price that covers costs (plus a margin) and that players find convenient to buy in comparison with similar ships sold by the IA shops in port.

So, basically, enlighten yourself about what people is actually saying before answering nonsense or you will earn sooner or later the title of "master blah blah" of the game.

Edited by victor

9 minutes ago, victor said:

Yet you did not write any numbers here.

Crafing for yourself or for your clan is selfproduction so it does not contribute to build up an economy and the problem we are facing is that - while before the patch the stores of capital cities were filled up with a lot of different tiers of crafted ships - now the cost of materials prevents crafters to SELL ON THE MARKET (not to craft for they own use) ships at a price that covers costs (plus a margin) and that players find convenient to buy in comparison with similar ships sold by the IA shops in port.

So, basically, enlighten yourself about what people is actually saying before answering nonsense or you will earn sooner or later the title of "master blah blah" of the game.

Then the solution is make NPC ships more expensive, do not break the system again and get us back to the point we were two months ago, which made all people really bored and left less than 400 players (in a good day). And, like many others said before me, there are lot of ways to make money you just have to be creative.

3 hours ago, admin said:

Monetary supply was cut drastically in the wipe patch. For example will be relaxing costs for some of the lower tier vessels in the near future. 

Making starting ships cheaper won't change much. Think about adding interesting content. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, King of Crowns said:

I disagree. Game is harder and more challenging therefore better. you must be doing something wrong. I have done 0 trading and only pvp and have 1.5mil with lots of money donated to clan efforts and all outposts bought and 1x expanded dock space.

But how many hours do you play per day. The OP is making a point that the casual gamer, can't succeed in this game, due to the hours it takes just to make money. And the 1 ship is tough, you lose it and start over. The argument of "don't lose a ship you can't afford" is great in theory, but makes for a boring game for the casual player, as they have to spend MORE time, getting more money and ships, to lose that one ship. 

Part of the problem is the map is too large, I don't have the time to sail 2 hours to look for a PVP fight and then sail home; so maybe this game isn't geared towards me and really is geared for people who can play 6 hours a day. The solution was teleport to freetowns, let me set up an outpost deep in enemy territory so I can do some raiding quickly!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, The Red Duke said:

Nations have neighbour nations that can be attacked, 15 mins away.

I would actually argue that spain is one of the few that do not have a neighbor that is 15 minutes away. Or maybe to clarify - a nations capital is a good hour away from spain's capital. US has a similar issue.

I assume this is from EU where spain, us, and pirates have an alliance and if he decided to attack one of them he and his clan would quite literally be abandoned....making his choices to quit all the more likely.

I agree with everything you say this past few days i'm starting to get bored of the game, 2 hours to sail to a place to make pvp and come back i seriously don't have that time to play the whole day to try to make something fun in the game, conquest marks have no sense pvp marks have no sense at all neither. The game was very good before all this changes, teleport to free towns was perfect giving you the chance to make a lot of pvp combats in a good amount of time not like now. I can go and go between a lot of everything but i'm kind of tired of saying the same thing over and over. The game was fine but this new things after wipe it's killing the game people will leave and wait for a big change again backwards or just expect something good of NA Legends. I hope you devs start to listen players and make things good.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Teutonic said:

I would actually argue that spain is one of the few that do not have a neighbor that is 15 minutes away. Or maybe to clarify - a nations capital is a good hour away from spain's capital. US has a similar issue.

I assume this is from EU where spain, us, and pirates have an alliance and if he decided to attack one of them he and his clan would quite literally be abandoned....making his choices to quit all the more likely.

Yes. Player decision, not game mechanics decision. Sorry for sounding blunt but we are making ourselves more harm than good with proving everlasting peace all around us and then blame the mechanics which have nothing to do with it.

The fact is a given region from a faction neighbors another region from another faction.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, zaba said:

Then the solution is make NPC ships more expensive, do not break the system again and get us back to the point we were two months ago, which made all people really bored and left less than 400 players (in a good day). And, like many others said before me, there are lot of ways to make money you just have to be creative.

Of course: make everything more costly by keeping the same average gold income for players. Futher deflation is exactly the best medicine to save a starving player driven game economy.

Just for sake of completeness, I remind you that two month ago the population was so low mainly because the Devs had the genial idea to announce a total asset wipe and then to delay it further and further.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, victor said:

Of course: make everything more costly by keeping the same average gold income for players. Futher deflation is exactly the best medicine to save a starving player driven game economy.

Just for sake of completeness, I remind you that two month ago the population was so low mainly because the Devs had the genial idea to announce a total asset wipe and then to delay it further and further.

Again, servers lost more than 1000 player without wipe announcement.