Game-Labs Forum
Black Spawn

ClanTool v1.0 - Webbased Organizer for clans of every size

Are you tired of spreadsheets and tables? Look no further. The ultimate clan-tool is finally here.
Features:

• Trading Tool
  • Production Overview
  • Blueprint information
  • Garage sale
  • Shipyard
  • Admin section
  • Fully adjustable language file

Specs:

• Dynamic data processing of the Naval Action API
  • Access right management for members
  • Responsive design
  • HTML5 Boilerpate + PHP + SQL
  • Multi-Language support

CAPTAIN FILES
Base of all processed user data, having the following information of each user:

VR5nxk.jpg

• crafting level
  • blueprints available
  • production buildings and location
  • available portbattle ships with location
  • "Commander's view" to view all fleet locations of members

TRADING TOOL

Q2NJSl.jpg

Plan your trips based on reliable data. Every maintenance the data of the game is dumped into an "API".
Search features:

• materials
  • ressources
  • upgrades
  • ports

PRODUCTION OVERVIEW

JYQfOq.jpg
Members can assemble a crafting group and give an overview on how many wares are theoretically produced per day.
A member can assign themselves to a group leader. Data for production is fetched from the captain files. Scope should be to maximize ship output through having an optimal output on ressources per craft group.

BLUEPRINT INFORMATION

ejQplc.jpg
Probably all of your spreadsheets combined. shoutout to navalactioncraft. API as data base with captain files as additional source for:

• Ship stats and information
  • Knowlege slots unlocks
  • Sailing profiles
  • Crafting materials and information
  • Which clanmember has the BP for the selected ship

GARAGE SALE

UNRtwh.jpg
2nd hand shop for ships and upgrades. Members are able to list their offers so others can contact them if they are interested.

CRAFTING SECTION

jDiRly.jpg
Intended as a journal for transactions inside the clan since there is no option ingame. Crafting logs can be shown as a ranking to show the most involved players.

SHIPYARD
Members can order ships and refits here. Crafters can then accept the order.
Prior ordering members should have the crafting ready materials in stock.

PHzVBc.jpg

If you want to try it I have a live-version hosted here (not in productive state so feel free to experiment):

http://p412148.webspaceconfig.de/clantool/

Login-data:

Name:     Test_User
Pass:     test

Different rights for different needs:

- 3 Crafting Tiers (Supplier, Junior-Crafter, Master-Crafter)

- 7 User Tiers (No-Access till Admin)

What you will need:
- a webhoster that allows fopen
- at least one MySQL 5.6 database
- PHP7 and above

Coming (maybe) soon:
Prettier code
:rolleyes:
Dynamic Crafting and shipconfigurations
adding location of portbattle ships of the captain files
completion of the blueprint section
Shipyard logs
Information about crafters having the refit BPs
unlock slots map of some sort
Ship skins (if they come back)

More Admin stuff for backend data

Still work in progress, but any feedback and suggestions are apprechiated.^_^

Edited by Black Spawn

Looks nice :) 

Could you add the location of the portbattleships in the captain files?

Edited by rediii

Nice work Black Spawn! Going to check this out and suggest it to the gang.

On the trade tool, any chance you can make it list trade good available when selecting a port. Like the info in the A column in the in-game trader tool?

Edited by Cmdr Thrudd

I wonder, could this also be used on national level, with multiple clans (same webserver)?

My point is that without teleports, its important to know where you have what garrison, so you know if you have to enforce a harbor.

Great work so far, a snappy salute for all the hard work you are doing! :)

2 minutes ago, sveno said:

I wonder, could this also be used on national level, with multiple clans (same webserver)?

Yea multiple Clans would be a nice thing :) 

If it's not in already.

A option to set the visibility for the captain files would be nice. So different roles like:

- High command (see's everyones ships and location)

- Clanofficer or whatever (see's the ships and locations of his clanmates)

- Groupleader or whatever (see's the ships and lcoations of his group)

- groupofficer (see's the ships and locations of his group(s))

- captain (only see's his ships and locations)

Edited by rediii

34 minutes ago, JollyRoger1516 said:

Nice work dude. If you want feel free to include my cannon crafting sheet in that. Could help with the clans cannon production and the costs that are to be covered.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-TjUkdMdklYubcIb_kuiGqLWkgBAT4QT08BErNj16g8/edit#gid=1151416251

I abuse the hell out of this just to let you know.....lowest prices you could of swore I must be stealing all these cannons off the nationals...lol

Well as long as you still actually cover your costs - one of the reasons I made that spreadsheet was because people completely undersold their cannons not even covering their costs and thereby ruining the cannon market :P If you only aim for 1 gold profit thats still ok  ;)

Just now, JollyRoger1516 said:

Well as long as you still actually cover your costs - one of the reasons I made that spreadsheet was because people completely undersold their cannons not even covering their costs and thereby ruining the cannon market :P If you only aim for 1 gold profit thats still ok  ;)

i Think that's the ones who are selling their missionloot cannons. :) 

Same happened in gustavia for small pounders. I think you get 6 pounders for 300 or even less atm. :D 

Just now, rediii said:

Same happened in gustavia for small pounders. I think you get 6 pounders for 300 or even less atm. :D 

Sadly no - thsoe guys are around too but there were people selling big boy cannons (30+) for less then 1000 gold each.

3 hours ago, rediii said:

Looks nice :) 

Could you add the location of the portbattleships in the captain files?

Thx.Definitely can do that. But tried to keep it clean - could be information overload. The question is what is the use. If you have lets say 30 members registered and 15 are actually active there is not really a use who has ships where. 

I thought about it before but I think you will need some kind of seperate view in the file where you can select the port and get the ships located there maybe with timestamp as conroll-instance.

2 hours ago, Cmdr Thrudd said:

Nice work Black Spawn! Going to check this out and suggest it to the gang.

On the trade tool, any chance you can make it list trade good available when selecting a port. Like the info in the A column in the in-game trader tool?

Isnt that what the whole tool does? List available wares in different views? :blink: Help me out here...

2 hours ago, Achmed said:

i register 

Use the provided Login. Still work in progess and NOT productive.

1 hour ago, JollyRoger1516 said:

Nice work dude. If you want feel free to include my cannon crafting sheet in that. Could help with the clans cannon production and the costs that are to be covered.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-TjUkdMdklYubcIb_kuiGqLWkgBAT4QT08BErNj16g8/edit#gid=1151416251

I will look into it. Have added it as recommended link on the starting page for now.

8 minutes ago, Black Spawn said:

Thx.Definitely can do that. But tried to keep it clean - could be information overload. The question is what is the use. If you have lets say 30 members registered and 15 are actually active there is not really a use who has ships where. 

I would find it very usefull. With the current system it is a big difference in having 10 Agamemnons in, for example, Port au Prince or Gustavia. You would be able to plan with this or know when you are actually ready to do something as a nation/clan/group and have some numbers of ships etc.

I would even say that the possibility to have more than 1 portbattleship in this table would be nice. Maybe include the datetime of the last update too to seperate inactive members

2 hours ago, sveno said:

My point is that without teleports, its important to know where you have what garrison, so you know if you have to enforce a harbor.

Great work so far, a snappy salute for all the hard work you are doing! :)

That would theoretically be possible i guess. But is that really information you want to have online in one place even with restricted access?. Loose lips sink ships but a talented spy could sink a whole nation with that information on hand...

2 hours ago, rediii said:

If it's not in already.

A option to set the visibility for the captain files would be nice. So different roles like:

- High command (see's everyones ships and location)

- Clanofficer or whatever (see's the ships and locations of his clanmates)

- Groupleader or whatever (see's the ships and lcoations of his group)

- groupofficer (see's the ships and locations of his group(s))

- captain (only see's his ships and locations)

I will work something like this out. There are already user-roles so i would have only to add the location-select and the visibility. Will need to work out the needed roles for that first tho...

2 minutes ago, rediii said:

I would find it very usefull. With the current system it is a big difference in having 10 Agamemnons in, for example, Port au Prince or Gustavia. You would be able to plan with this or know when you are actually ready to do something as a nation/clan/group and have some numbers of ships etc.

I would even say that the possibility to have more than 1 portbattleship in this table would be nice. Maybe include the datetime of the last update too to seperate inactive members

True multiple ships are need when adding the location, i will probably add the same view as "garage sale" but exclusively for managing your ships and locations. A seperate view with restricted access showing all ships and filtering them somehow should be the easiest approach.

1 hour ago, JollyRoger1516 said:

Yah I had a talk to a player that was posting prices like 4 times the cost.  He even bought mine and than reposted them.  I told him I put it up for a little over cost for me to help players and I only do longs and up to only 12 lbs casue those are the most common ranges for new players.   He is going to work on his pricings and cover the carros market so it's cool, but he wasn't the only one that has been posting things way to high.  Now ships on the other hand a lot of folks are posting ships way below cost to build them as I don't think they know the cost of things.  They still need to lower the cost of the 6/7th rates.

1 hour ago, rediii said:

Yah other than the ones i use for fleet ships and such, I post dirt cheap for folks to buy easy and cheap.  Since they don't cost me anything it's all profits.

@Black Spawn

Could I bother you to take me through how you calculate your speedprofiles listed in the bp ship section?

5 minutes ago, jodgi said:

@Black Spawn

Could I bother you to take me through how you calculate your speedprofiles listed in the bp ship section?

Sure. I am extracting "SpeedToWind". IIRC the 12 values are drawn in a half circle in relation to 1 as max speed. and mirrored afterwars for the other half