Game-Labs Forum
admin

Flags, Ensigns, Banners

Wakatow13    15

Not sure if this has been mentioned before, but I think the pirate flags should be able to be modified a bit. Historically, pirates would create their own variations on the black flag, and that would add a great level of personalization to this game. Which is another thing this game needs a bit of, aside from paints. 

DeaconLN    2

Here is some banners and heraldry used by the Swedish Navy historically (including Source). 

Source (Swedish): http://waslingmedia.se/nationalism/sveriges-flagga-genom-historien-del-2/

Sverige_1544-1024x635.jpg

Background information : Upon the new reformation and formation of the Swedish fleet, King Gustav Vasa and the government proposed this flag to be used, between 1545 - 1600.

Sverige_1525-1585_e-300x175.jpg

Background information: One of the potential flags used by the Swedish Navy used between 1525 - 1580. in 1525 the Swedish Navy implemented the first waved ''banner'' with a cross however Swedish sources do not specify any information which one was the correct version used between 1525 - 1580. (several versions of this banner was used by the Swedish Navy between the period of 1525 - 80 which one is the correct one is up for discussion, examples below).

Sverige_1525-1585_f-150x150.jpg

Sverige_1525-1585_h-150x150.jpg

Sverige_1525-1580_d-150x150.jpg

Sverige_1580-1620_a-300x186.jpg

Background information : This wave pattern one was most common and used one in the Swedish Navy between 1580 - 1620. This banner was split with 7 wave pattern, similar to the ones above however without the cross.  

Sverige_1580-1620_b-150x150.jpg

(This one, similar to the one just about is also a potential version of the banner used between the same period however the sources are shaky on that, I.E its a potential version of the one above..)

Sverige_1658-300x162.jpg

Background information : In the middle of 1620 the 3 crowns replaced the wave patterned banner, also known as the Swedish naval warfare flag.

Sverige_1764_kunglig-300x162.jpg

Background information : This one (just like above) was made 1764 and was only allowed to be carried/flown by the king and his presence on board a ship.

Might add more historically used banner and heraldry over the time. 

Edited by DeaconLN
Grammar

van der Decken    471

Dear @admin and devs,
I didn't know anywhere else this should be posted, but here seemed fine. I know the devs have had a difficult time making the flags a proper model with structure and preventing them from flapping through themselves and the ships. So, I've found a modder from another steam game who does some great work. If you watch the vid you will see the flag in action and how it wraps around solid objects (bumper) rather than flapping through them like the NA flags do.

Video Link of ATS from Trayscapes of flag mod by Harven.

Perhaps you could contact Harven for help with the flag model? Cheers.

Edited by van der Decken

Thonys    351

Now the introduction of clan(clanwars) becomes more important

will the clans have their own flag in battle

does development have a plan about it and /or when can this be implemented

or is this abandened?

wondering what is the exact road for this..

On 20-8-2017 at 11:43 AM, Thonys said:

Now the introduction of clan(clanwars) becomes more important

will the clans have their own flag in battle

does development have a plan about it and /or when can this be implemented

or is this abandened?

wondering what is the exact road for this..

think we are going to regret this thonys, imagine swastica's, specific male & female body parts etc etc are going to show up. 

How many time i have reported people for "beeing creative" with their emblem on battlefield to sneak in a swastica for their strong feelings for neo nazism is a lot. 

"Buddah sign my ass, mister smarty pans" 

i only want historical flags only. 

Thonys    351

30 minutes ago, Jacob van Heemskerck said:

think we are going to regret this thonys, imagine swastica's, specific male & female body parts etc etc are going to show up. 

How many time i have reported people for "beeing creative" with their emblem on battlefield to sneak in a swastica for their strong feelings for neo nazism is a lot. 

"Buddah sign my ass, mister smarty pans" 

i only want historical flags only. 

me to

only provided by own game flags 

and no self made ones

the arsenal of flags is plenty,... so every clan can choose one for his purpose 

1822CSI1822.jpgfound on yachts

prinsenvlagmaritiemdigitaal.jpg

Edited by Thonys