Game-Labs Forum
admin

Flags, Ensigns, Banners

On ‎2‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 3:00 PM, H2O said:

I read it somewhere here on forum that NA engine could not handle flags and that is why they were removed from Towns and yes towns used to have flags shoving it's nations. This includes flags on OS. From what I can tell many needed features could not make it in due to weak game engine. Maybe someone can confirm it or find the post it would help (somewhere inside topics about flags or FPS).  

He was specifically referring to animated flags on ships in OW, iirc.

Flags and Banners were used so you can identify who's ship it was... Funny if flags on ships were such a problem in OW you'd think a name would do the trick.

Edited by koiz

On 13.02.2018 at 9:00 PM, H2O said:

I read it somewhere here on forum that NA engine could not handle flags and that is why they were removed from Towns and yes towns used to have flags shoving it's nations. This includes flags on OS. From what I can tell many needed features could not make it in due to weak game engine. Maybe someone can confirm it or find the post it would help (somewhere inside topics about flags or FPS).  

I don't think what the animated flags on ships are causing drop of FPS in WO .

@admin a nice way to implement it is that the nation flag is the same so you wont get confused in battles (even though colors and names are there), but you can change the main mast flag to an other flag which you have gained through achievements? for example: Win an epic event fight with atleast 1 second rate and the reward is for Prussia it could be a unique flag or as a pirate it could be an iconic pirate flag. Just so you could personalize your ship and show your achievements sort of. It would also encourage players to do explore the game if they know in the end they get a cool reward for it.