Game-Labs Forum
Ephant

Skull & Bones, by Ubisoft

Should be interesting, I hate Ubisoft for what it has done to some of my favorite game franchises, but AC:Black Flag was very good and this seems to be capitolizing on that.  Won't be much competition for someone who is interested in NA but may be a gateway for the more hardcore naval combat gamers who don't know they are yet.

Problem is by the time this releases NA OW will still be in development. SOT( hot steaming pile of crap that is) just released and is doing well. Other games, tides of war, heart of oak, etc are coming soon.

With Naval Action legends cancelled, and NA open world not releasing anytime soon who will be left to play here.

Not trying to be insulting but you can only wait so long with competition beating you to the punch.

Black flag was an awesome experience in hand when I first started playing it. I always hated the fact that it had such strong influence with the whole Assassin's Creed thingy all around the gameplay, I enjoyed the pirate experience, being able to hunt sharks, whales and other animals, exploring islands and discovering treasures and stuff like that. The most part of being a "pirate" in those games were actually being able to hunt for treasures and some other freedoms to do whatever you wanted to do around the open world. Skull and Bones, although it's goingn to be based off Black Flag as a new IP, they took a lot of these awesome experiences to only naval combat, which for me, isn't an issue, but might aswell add some other compartments of the old BF to the new game, would be definetly refreshing. I would love to be able to create my own character aswell, I would love to be able to choose between privateering and piracy, be able to sail under a navy flag instead of being a pirate all the way. Things like that would give so much more to the game itself and to the future community of the game that differs from just being a spin-off of Assassin's Creed Black Flag, I would hate to see this game as being only ship to ship battle, with no possibility to explore the world that they so much say it's going to be "huge" and "full of surprises". Also, ship customization can be something very very good for the game, lots of choosable types of different ships for each class they showed in the pre-alpha gameplay, will be really nice if there'd be quite a number of choices you can get. I'm very excited to try it out, I just hope it doesn't crash my expectations like they always do with their games, that's one of the reasons why I hate Ubisoft so much.

Edited by Corsario Templario