Game-Labs Forum
Ephant

Skull & Bones, by Ubisoft

Ubisoft just announced a naval combat game similar to Naval Action. "Similar".

-------------------

It is the Golden Age of Piracy. Renegade captains command the most powerful weapons on Earth: warships. In Skull & Bones™, you are an insatiable, upstart pirate captain who has refused the king’s pardon. Having nothing to lose, you sailed from the Caribbean to the Indian Ocean, an exotic and untamed frontier full of lavish riches.

However, these rich and idyllic waters are also a battleground where far-reaching colonial empires, powerful trading corporations, and ruthless pirate gangs are fiercely competing for their share of these valuable treasures.

During your journey to become the ultimate pirate kingpin, you will build a fleet of ships you can customize, prey upon lucrative trade routes, and take down rival pirate captains, memorable characters, or other players. In order to survive in this ruthless ocean, you will have to ally with other pirate captains to form the most influential pirate gang, becoming too big to fail and joining the endless struggle for supremacy of the Indian Ocean.

-------------------

Skull and Bones: E3 2017 Announcement Cinematic Trailer

Skull and Bones: E3 2017 Multiplayer Gameplay Walkthrough

• Like 1

Ubisoft is going naval.

“It is the Golden Age of Piracy. Renegade captains command the most powerful weapons on Earth: warships. In Skull & Bones, you are an insatiable, upstart pirate captain who has refused the king’s pardon. Having nothing to lose, you sailed from the Caribbean to the Indian Ocean, an exotic and untamed frontier full of lavish riches.

“However, these rich and idyllic waters are also a battleground where far-reaching colonial empires, powerful trading corporations, and ruthless pirate gangs are fiercely competing for their share of these valuable treasures.

“During your journey to become the ultimate pirate kingpin, you will build a fleet of ships you can customize, prey upon lucrative trade routes, and take down rival pirate captains, memorable characters, or other players. In order to survive in this ruthless ocean, you will have to ally with other pirate captains to form the most influential pirate gang, becoming too big to fail and joining the endless struggle for supremacy of the Indian Ocean.”

via https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2017/06/12/skull-and-bones-announced-by-ubisoft/

Too arcade for me, but it may bring some people to Naval Action.

• Like 1

Well, i saw this and i got some thoughts on it, shameless self promotion(vid will be up soon):

It looks VERY fantasy to me.  World of Warships meets the Warcraft 2 orc navy.  I think it'll be good for Naval Action:  Legends.  People will buy the Ubisoft game, abandon the Ubisoft game, and find the better version anyway.

• Like 2

Basically Assassin's Creed naval phases turned into a full game. An aracadish fantasy trying to fill the void left by Disney's unwillingness to develop the POTC franchise into video games.

Blah blah blah Pirates, blah blah blah pirates...

Bruno and his Chanel RPG looks more fabulous than any of the rubbish tryhard Ubisoft keeps throwing at us every year.

• Like 1

Here's a version of the video that can be seen in the US.

When the ship exploded in a ball of flame after one broadside, I stopped watching.

• Like 1

It looks sick. The only problem is Ubisoft and their recent lack of support on the other games they released this year that had potential but fell to the wayside due to the halfassing that is Ubisoft.

• Like 1

This will please the arcade battle lovers.  I can see it being a cheap thrill, but only that.

PS: Those rams are obscenely disgusting.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Haratik said:

PS: Those rams are obscenely disgusting.

You beat me to it :D

what is it with Ubisoft and trying to push rams on people, it's like they have a creepy fetish for them

This game looks like such a cheap way to cash in on assets they mostly have already and people will buy it because black flag and pirates of the Caribbean then all go round with usernames like J4ck Sp4rrow or BlaaackBrd

The worst part is I will likely get it because despite it's many many faults it is a stunning looking game and I have a thing for boats :ph34r:

Edited by Fluffy Fishy
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Fluffy Fishy said:

You beat me to it :D

what is it with Ubisoft and trying to push rams on people, it's like they have a creepy fetish for them

This game looks like such a cheap way to cash in on assets they mostly have already and people will buy it because black flag and pirates of the Caribbean then all go round with usernames like J4ck Sp4rrow or BlaaackBrd

The worst part is I will likely get it because despite it's many many faults it is a stunning looking game and I have a thing for boats :ph34r:

Same...

Am I the only one who hates the cannon mechanics of these games? Alot of other sailing games also have this mechanic. 

an arc that you can see + major cannon drop. it looks so arcady :( I do love the visuals tough, but the gameplay itself is a major turnoff. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, akd said:

They made wind matter more, but removed boarding. Hrm...

One step forwards, 2 steps back. Considering the AC base, they could definetely have made boarding fun...

54 minutes ago, OlavDeng2 said:

One step forwards, 2 steps back. Considering the AC base, they could definetely have made boarding fun...

Same like Naval Action, but here we have 3 steps back. :D

Fresh news:

Single player confirmed + other multiplayer modes. Looks like Ubisoft is hitting PvE+PvP crowd at once. 

As for the E3 demo, "We only showed Loot Hunt, one of our PvP modes in Disputed Waters," the rep continued. "We like to say that this is just the tip of the iceberg of what we have to show for Skull & Bones." 

Let's wait for more exiting news

Edited by Lordicious