Game-Labs Forum
Banished Privateer

Farming Conquest Marks & Real Conquest RvR

As we know, admin said that agreements upon arranged Port Battles with the planned result are allowed. Right now it's about making deals with other nations and grinding as many Conquest Marks rather than having real RvR and PvP.  We all know that SORRY is allied to VLTRA and PLVS, they are also allied to US Nation. They used / will use these regions for farming CMs:

• Cap Francais
  • Islamorada
  • West End
  • Sant Iago
  • Santa Fe
  • Morgan's Bluff
  • Baracoa
  • Nuevitas

My question: is this Naval Farming Simulator or Naval Action PvP Game?

Also, some nations are already earning like 200-500 CMs each day, if not more, while other nations barely earn 25-50 CMs. US Nation at this point is not earning any. That means we got nations with full fleets of 1st rates and Agamemnons while other nations still need to use Indefatigables or Constitutions at best for Port Battles. These things never happened before in the game, such imbalance. 

• Like 5

If you don't like it, take the region yourself.

I feel like a broken record but how is this agreement any different from the Daines and sweeds allowing free travel between Capitals for traders (making huge profit) OR the British and Dutch agreement at new Edinburgh!!!

(which I've seen no-one complain about)

When your nations make agreements it's fine but when you lot see the sorry tag, everyone looses their minds.

Please admin step in and sort out this argument again and again!!

On your questions on inbalance I've got to ask, "are you crazy or blind?" no inbalance, REALLY!  Did you not see the eastern v western alliances of days gone by!! 

Short memory's again!

On a side note, certain nations clans have full fleets because they pool their resources and money and focus on it. The costs of production is the same no matter which nation you belong to....

Edited by monk33y

3 minutes ago, Peter Goldman said:

As we know, admin said that agreements upon arranged Port Battles with the planned result are allowed. Right now it's about making deals with other nations and grinding as many Conquest Marks rather than having real RvR and PvP.  We all know that SORRY is allied to VLTRA and PLVS, they are also allied to US Nation. They used / will use these regions for farming CMs:

• Cap Francais
  • Islamorada
  • West End
  • Sant Iago
  • Santa Fe
  • Morgan's Bluff
  • Baracoa
  • Nuevitas

Also, some nations are already earning like 200-500 CMs each day, if not more, while other nations barely earn 25-50 CMs. US Nation at this point is not earning any. That means we got nations with full fleets of 1st rates and Agamemnons while other nations still need to use Indefatigables or Constitutions at best for Port Battles. These things never happened before in the game, such imbalance. 

You forget about the CMs that the British faction gave to VLTRA in Santiago. Or those of the Dutch in Cartagena.

Perhaps the Spanish faction was the most harmed by farming, because we started from a situation of advantage with these two battles.

And yes, it happened earlier in the game. I remember when the British arrived in Mantua with 1st and 3rd while we were on ships captured in AI. Maybe I should have said that this had never happened to you.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Se olvida usted de las CMs que la facción británica dieron a VLTRA en Santiago. O las de los Holandeses en Cartagena.

Quizás haya sido la facción española la mas perjudicada por el farming, pues partíamos de una situación de ventaja con estas dos batallas.

Y si, sucedió antes en el juego. Recuerdo cuando los británicos llegaron a Mantua con 1ª y 3ª mientras nosotros íbamos en naves capturadas a la IA. Quizás debería haber dicho que esto nunca les había pasado a ustedes.

• Like 1

Just now, monk33y said:

If you don't like it, take the region yourself.

I feel like a broken record but how is this agreement any different from the Daines and sweeds allowing free travel between Capitals for traders (making huge profit) OR the British and Dutch agreement at new Edinburgh!!!

When your nations make agreements it's fine but when you lot see the sorry tag, everyone looses their minds.

Please admin step in and sort out this agreement again and again!!!

It's not topic about SORRY. I don't know much about the other nation agreements, I just gave an example. Also we as British Nation did not make any farming CM Port Battle agreements so far, but we might be forced to, just like US Nation did with you. They were locked with 6 Conquest Marks, how could they progress further with no pensions? Also you tell us to go for real RvR, but we can't craft Ingermanlands, Wappens, only the chosen can get Agamemnons. Swedish and Danish agreement for trading was canceled because of hostiles engaging traders. Also, what do you mean by British & Dutch New Edinburgh agreement? We don't have any official agreements with VP Nation so far.

[Peter Goldman]

Great point you make. The problem you’ve highlighted is actually only the symptom of the real problem. This is what you’ve described perfectly would have happened anyway with or without Lord Vicious. It’s the NPC constraint that forces his action, not knowledge.

http://www.b-eye-network.com/view/15067

The Game is imbalance in my opinion. Lift the NPC Nation overlay. Allow PC or Clan to own their own Port and look after its region. Let them invest and build out. Let them own the resources. Allow Civil War…

In other words, turn Naval Action from a “Lite” Sandbox… to a real Sandbox…

Norfolk nChance

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Peter Goldman said:

At the moment the game is still recovering from the wipe and will do so for a couple more week I think the game just needs to get the swing in the game just like an engine that's running to get the cylinder temperature up.

• Like 1

OP makes valid points about conquest and conquest marks, but diverts from his own purpose by making this about SORRY or pirates. Everything that is referred to here has been explicitly sanctioned by admin as legal.

When the British have imbalance in their favour, the game is correct and made as intended but when the British players are on the otherside, the ❄ 's loose their minds.

Edited by monk33y

23 minutes ago, Peter Goldman said:

• Cap Francais
  • Islamorada
  • West End
  • Sant Iago
  • Santa Fe
  • Morgan's Bluff
  • Baracoa
  • Nuevitas

I Agree ...

not all Nation and not all clans have the possibility to Farm Conquest Mark, so not all clans/nations have the same possibility to have line ship for do port battles.

In a short time future we will have only few people that will have the control of all the sea, and THIS IS NOT of a balanced MMO game.

All the players can see or think what do he want, but in all respectable MMO never arrive to have this umbalanced situation.

Greetings,

Celitoh

Edited by Celioth
  • Like 1

Unless iv missed a very important announcement from our development team, EVERY PLAYER CAN TAKE PART IN ANY BATTLE THEY WISH, ALL THEY HAVE TO DO IS PUT WORK in!!

Gone have they days of maximum reward with no input.....

Farm hostility= chance to enter battle = pension..

How is that hard to get your heads around. Why should everyone be rewarded for the work of the few!!! 

It's ❄ heavy on here today!

Edited by monk33y

I dont understand ... we want or not to admit that the game is umbalanced? Regardless to who is the more or less strong faction ... i wish only a game that not finish in 1 or 2 month with the Undisputed dominance of a few people.

Ballance you say. Only way ballance would work is every nation starting after wipe with one port only. 

The British and Spanish have many. Isn't funny how the British don't complain about that... 

• Like 1

To point here yet again, it's not thread about SORRY, no need to give them more attention. The thread is about farming conquest marks that all nations are forced to, otherwise they will suffer. The need for Conquest Marks to get blueprints is ridiculous. We, as British Nation have enough resources to build fleets of 1st rates, but we cannot.

I am not complaining, I am pointing out how the game is broken. Before the progression curve was broken with capturing NPCs, because that's how players got their first SOLs. Now we are facing different problem. A healthy, strong in number nation with good economy cannot craft ships needed for conquest. Do you expect us to go into Port Battles in Indefatigables to fight Agamemnons and L'Oceans? @monk33y

Edited by Peter Goldman
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Peter Goldman said:

To point here yet again, it's not thread about SORRY, no need to give them more attention. The thread is about farming conquest marks that all nations are forced to, otherwise they will suffer. The need for Conquest Marks to get blueprints is ridiculous. We, as British Nation have enough resources to build fleets of 1st rates, but we cannot.

Poor little ❄ 's

Is it hard now for the British, welcome to the game everyone else had for the last 6months.... @Peter Goldman

Where was your worry for imbalance when the British had everything?? Where was your concern for the smaller, weaker nations then.

Also don't target sorry (again) and think we won't stand our ground...

We are acting within the rules with admin endorsement....!

Edited by monk33y

I am also not complaining that it's hard for British Nation. I am pointing out that we are forced to use such low-level tactics to make deals for farming conquest marks. This just makes RvR and PvP less important than farming and grinding agreements. Can't you see that?

Edited by Peter Goldman

This is a no sense! Why is the people complaining about spain?

-OMG SPAIN HAS AN ALLIANCE WIHT A WEAK NATION / where is the problem?

-OMG SPAIN WINS SANT IAGO AND CARTAGENA PB LOLOLOL SO MUCH CM M8 ILL COMPLAIN ABOUT THIS IN THE FORUM INSTEAD OF FIGHTING FOR THE CM

-SPAIN IS HEATING AND DOING PVP WIHT A CUTTER! GO NERF THEM PLS OMG.

Do you want some advice? Try to be diplomatic!

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, monk33y said:

Poor little ❄ 's

Is it hard now for the British, welcome to the game everyone else had for the last 6months.... @Peter Goldman

Where was your worry for imbalance when the British had everything?? Where was your concern for the smaller, weaker nations then.

Also don't target sorry (again) and think we won't stand our ground...

We are acting within the rules with admin endorsement....!

Monk33y,

You're generalizing what few (english) people think with all the other.

Yes, in ALL faction there are peoples that are not interessed to a balanced game but they only want to win (british, pirates, danes, etc. .. ) . What it means? That i think the same? No, sorry ... 

Im only interested in a game that is good to play for ALL, but we all think to play and no one to be a tester ...

Greetings,

Celioth

Read the forums it's full of Dutch/British players unhappy with the currant game build.... (now it's hard, I'd like to point out)

• Like 1

Just now, monk33y said:

Read the forums it's full of Dutch/British players unhappy with the currant game build.... (now it's hard, I'd like to point out)

as a spanish veteran player is kinda funny :ph34r:

14 minutes ago, Pitxagorri said:

This is a no sense! Why is the people complaining about spain?

-OMG SPAIN HAS AN ALLIANCE WIHT A WEAK NATION / where is the problem?

-OMG SPAIN WINS SANT IAGO AND CARTAGENA PB LOLOLOL SO MUCH CM M8 ILL COMPLAIN ABOUT THIS IN THE FORUM INSTEAD OF FIGHTING FOR THE CM

-SPAIN IS HEATING AND DOING PVP WIHT A CUTTER! GO NERF THEM PLS OMG.

Do you want some advice? Try to be diplomatic!

No one complains about losing Sant Iago Port Battle. We lost. Do you expect us to go fight L'Oceans and Agamemnons in Indefatigables to get Conquest Marks?

26 minutes ago, Peter Goldman said:

No one complains about losing Sant Iago Port Battle. We lost. Do you expect us to go fight L'Oceans and Agamemnons in Indefatigables to get Conquest Marks?

But why are you only focusing on the deep water ports?

4th rate ports give conquest marks, too.

As a british player myself i must confess that our situation isn't easy atm..

But there are ways to get this fixed and none of them has to do with balancing stuff right now. We need to wait till it's clearly to see that there is an imbalance in system as such.

Right now, the nations having more CM's just got lucky and won more battles.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Richard Whitby said:

But why are you only focusing on the deep water ports?

4th rate ports give conquest marks, too.

As a british player myself i must confess that our situation isn't easy atm..

But there are ways to get this fixed and none of them has to do with balancing stuff right now. We need to wait till it's clearly to see that there is an imbalance in system as such.

Right now, the nations having more CM's just got lucky and won more battles.

I am not sure if you want to call agreements luck... 4th rates? Well, you need Agamemnons for them with Conquest Marks. You cannot craft Ingermanlands, you cannot craft Wapen von Hamburg either. You are left with Constitution. What port British nation can go attack as shallow one? Remember that Basic Cutters will just smash the hostility fleet.

I am up for the challenge.

Currently the US is making work-arounds for the new conquest system on EU server. Instead of throwing in the towel, we WANT to see what players come up with to alleviate the problems ourselves.

We are not ready to show our cards yet, but at this point an all-out war would unfavorable. When I see people creating deals and these formally informal treaties (lol), it just means that there is a demand for that ability in the game, and the devs could look at ways to implement this player-created content into the game as a feature, so it is more fluid. The alliance system was a good start, but had its share of flaws and is being reworked. In the mean time, we are forced to go back to the way things were before. None of these treaties are binding and mostly apply between clans, so no one is compelled to follow these treaties, but it was quite interesting yesterday that the pirates finally have a way to settle disagreements like a true pirate.

It was also fun trying to find out who was or was not part of the treaty. If they started shooting at you, it was a good indication that they either did not know about the treaty, or did not agree to it, and made for some interesting encounters.

Also since day 1 of open world, the pirates have always struggled to find agreement at first, until they became unified enough, or some clan comes out on top,.to ROFL-stomp the server,

The US is still very unlucky in that the conquest pension system went into effect the day after we expanded to the one region we've managed to raise hostility on thus far. But, such is the way of a testing-phase.

Edited by ajffighter86
  • Like 1