Game-Labs Forum

Trading in battle instance

Bringing the trade window in Battle Instance should be easy.

This will go so far:
- Traders could trade without entering ports;
- We could exchange repairs and support team mates;
- Because we can communicate in battle with enemies we could offer to drop sail and and pay ransom and let people go (now there is only option to sink for the Pirate), thus will be less Salt in the Global chat

MUwaBi6.jpg

• Like 6

I really like that idea in making deals within battle in PvP. before you could just make it trust based, witch actually works with good players. Thanks for Liquicity for letting me keep my Surprise btw.

in my point of view maybe aswell exchanging goods on open world could be a great idea. for this you may need to stop for a minute or 2 next to each other towing the ships and exchanging goods. but there should be no way to interrupt it and you need to stand still for 1 or 2 minutes without chance of moving. you would be an easy target for other players then but would give a chance for safer international trade without the smuggler falg or the need of using alts. just get connection to a trader of a different nation and share the profit.

• Like 3

Useless with pirates or any hunter, cause he'll sunk you, loot you and get the Mark... Or cap your ship... What's the point to trade with your encounter, he have nothing to win by dealing with you, because he can simply take all :) 

The part concerning the cargohold transfer between allied ships is an interesting suggestion. 

37 minutes ago, charognard666 said:

Useless with pirates or any hunter, cause he'll sunk you, loot you and get the Mark... Or cap your ship... What's the point to trade with your encounter, he have nothing to win by dealing with you, because he can simply take all :) 

The part concerning the cargohold transfer between allied ships is an interesting suggestion. 

Im a pirate and I have sunk countless number of traders and took their cargo and ships to make a pirate living. Instead I would much prefer to simply offer to pay ransom. Take the money, let them go with their cargo and save me my game time towing their goods to town. And I know for a fact that lots of people in BLACK would have done the same. Not all of course but enough to not ignore

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, koltes said:

Im a pirate and I have sunk countless number of traders and took their cargo and ships to make a pirate living. Instead I would much prefer to simply offer to pay ransom. Take the money, let them go with their cargo and save me my game time towing their goods to town. And I know for a fact that lots of people in BLACK would have done the same. Not all of course but enough to not ignore

You'll really don't take the mark now ? Well, you re a gentleman captain. :) 

46 minutes ago, charognard666 said:

YOu ever tried to get back out of hot water with a load of loot from a trader.  We had a clan mate going 6 knts on open world cause he grabbed the loot and sunk the trader.  He should of left the loot on the trader and brought it back to a freeport to sale.   Back in POTBS you had a surrender option that you could offer me up loot instead of me sinking you.   Most of them time if it was a new player or low level I would take the offered loot and let them live.  NOw you pretty much just have to sink them and they loose everthing.

5 minutes ago, Liquicity said:

Inb4 Indiamans carrying armor (and in the future maybe ammunition?) in port battles 
"Indiammos needed For PB xy" 
:D

Keep him in the back with the Mortar Brigs and folks go back to get repairs and more ammo, than back into the fight....kinda like this. Could be used for looted treasure fleets to.  Honestly that was what I thought those treasure events where going to be.  Big fleets with Indiamans full of loot.  Now that we can change loot in battle we can do this.  Just make them none captured since they are AI and keep the loot wieght limit or have folks bring ships that can carry the loot an d not become instant open world snails.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Guruthos said:

I really like that idea in making deals within battle in PvP. before you could just make it trust based, witch actually works with good players. Thanks for Liquicity for letting me keep my Surprise btw.

Aye, having an in-battle trade feature would have made it a lot easier / faster. I didn't want the ship, really, just the marks. So if you could trade your cargo stuff / Captains chest items (marks) in battle, that would help a lot :)

• Like 1

As a pirate and dedicated player trader hunter, I like the idea of allowing people to pay me off not to cap their ship. I have zero faith that a trader would actually sail to a free port and pay a ransom there - once he's out of the battle instance, all bets are off, and hence he/she must be capped if my hard work and significant risk in solo hunting are to be profitable. This solution alleviates that, and lets the pirate / privateer profit from his/her efforts while not completely destroying the livelihood of the trader who has been intercepted.

In addition, this feature could make trading a lot more interesting for players, as they'd be able to link up with others in their clan/nation to turn long-distance routes into relays.

I do think there could be shenanigans / exploits arising from this in the battle instance - i.e. coming alongside your compatriot and throwing him hull, sail and rum repairs, for example - so maybe that's something to consider.

Also, there should probably be a requirement that this option only pops up under similar conditions to boarding - i.e. the ships are at a close distance, the speed is below X knots, perhaps the sails are down, etc. Otherwise it could result in some very gamey exchanges from hundreds of meters away.

Overall, I like the idea with the provisos above.

+1 

To be able to take funds so not to sink or capture a target is a great idea. (or to take cargo- dump in water, so attacker must sail upto it and collect it while being stationary - this is the traders escape period)

Once battle is closed its back to open world.

Edited by monk33y

Is your suggestion that only people of the same team can make trades while in a battle or are you suggesting that you can trade with anyone?

Allowing trades within a nation is one thing but allowing trading in a battle between enemies would be a disaster.

• Like 1

+1

We should be able to easily trade with allies, mainly to move repairs around. If Admin has some other way we can trade repairs without the long sail to a friendly/neutral port, that's fine too.

Also agree with Vllad: you cannot allow cargo trading between enemies. Money yes. Cargo no. Cargo trading would create some abuses.

Edited by Slamz
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
10 minutes ago, Liq said:

So any feedback from @admins side? I think being able to trade in battle would be great, and can't find any downsides / exploit possibilites (other than bypassing the new tax when trading in port).

Which would mean people are also then a bit re leaned on alts but could be funny

On 6/7/2017 at 1:21 AM, charognard666 said:

Because it is good business for a pirate to take a ransom payment and let the prey go.... More money less over all risk and it doesn't run players out of the game because they keep losing all their toys

2 minutes ago, CaptVonGunn said:

??? You dont get taxed in port on direct trades only ones through teh store/contract system

On 21.8.2017 at 11:20 PM, admin said:

• New taxation feature
    • Nations will tax all transactions that are using money done through (Stamp tax)
      • Private Trade
      • Contracts (they are already taxed)
      • Public trade using the stores
      • Ship transactions
    • Barter transactions will not be taxed
    • Crafting and resource gathering will not be taxed